Ellsowrth AFB Stays Open

Gravedigger

I'm suprised no one else is talking about this. Some pretty big decisions the last few days. I was watching it off and on, so I may not have gotten the full story, but it sounds like Eielson is going to keep their F-16's (still gunna lose the A-10's) and Elmendorf is not going to lose any fighters. Obviously from the above post, Ellsworth is staying open. IMHO it was a bad decision to try to put every B-1 on one base in Tornado Ally, one big storm, no more B-1's. Also on the ANG side, it sounded like there was a lot of shuffling from the original plan. Didn't hear the whole story (I'm sure Rainman can enlighten us) but sounds like Barnes is getting F-15's and losing the Hogs?

Guest Thriller

Looks like Ellsworth was dodged yet another BRAC.

THRILLER

[ 27. August 2005, 13:16: Message edited by: Thriller ]

Anybody heard anything on whether or not they are still going to move all the Herks to LRF? I like the idea of not having a chance to go to Dyess or Pope, but like ENJJPT said, putting all your C-130s (or any plane for that matter) in one place may not be the best idea. Kind of like having the entire Pacific fleet in Pearl Harbor.

Guest Navtastic
Originally posted by AFUPTstud:

Looks like Dyess is gonna keep theirs.

Awesome. I was looking forward to spending three more years of my life in TexAss. :rolleyes:

Guest av8instyle

Great Falls is no longer on the chopping block. We're getting Eagles! Although, we're losing Big Mouth Vipers. But hey, we were originally losing airplanes completely.

A smart decision was made by the BRAC. Our airspace is huge and unmolested.

Guest purplecaddis

Anyone with time on their hands plowed through the committees decision to see who was sparred? Like to know but I am to lazy to do that work myself.