Jump to content

Promotion and PRF Information


Guest e3racing

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, bennynova said:

FYSA, Autumn has moved....or is no longer in the GAL.

In that case...call every single number in AFPC until you find her replacement.  I'm not kidding.  All the GS's know each other...and it'll likely be a GS.  That's how I found the 365 deployment manager, the 179 deployment manager, and the BACN deployment manager.

As for a supplemental, do everything and anything you can to get anyone to look at your record again.  It's that simple.  It takes a single person to recognize "well shit, we should have promoted this guy" for you to get picked up.  We all wish it were different and that 'the process' worked to promote the right ones, but it's not that way.  ANY reason to put your record in front of a different set of eyes is good.

Edited by FourFans130
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I'll probably be at the bottom...
I don't think they did the entire list merit ordered. I was told a certain percentage was merit ordered then the rest was time in grade based. My line number is fairly low and I have APZ friends with lower numbers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great to know.    I am going to try to get onto an SSB, and plan is to get promoted.   I have an error of 2 duty histories, which didn’t make the difference, but should get me an SSB.  
 

im not sure what happened, but I’m gonna get to the bottom of it.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bennynova said:

Great to know.    I am going to try to get onto an SSB, and plan is to get promoted.   I have an error of 2 duty histories, which didn’t make the difference, but should get me an SSB.  
 

im not sure what happened, but I’m gonna get to the bottom of it.
 

Glad to hear you still have the fight.  Is your commander in the fight with you?  Honestly, he/she SHOULD be the one leading that fight with rage, fury, and an unquenchable lust for justice.  You can still win that fight, I am simply curious as to the current state of leadership.

BL: It is not your job to write your OPR, PRF, or get to the bottom of why you did or did not get promoted.  That's a commander's job.  If your commander is not leading that fight, I would gladly rip that faggotrous pin off their chest. 

Ability to command and lead is demonstrated, not earned.

Edited by FourFans130
grammar spelling meaning and the rest
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigWing said:

I don't think they did the entire list merit ordered. I was told a certain percentage was merit ordered then the rest was time in grade based. My line number is fairly low and I have APZ friends with lower numbers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
 

You already got your line number?  Are they uploaded somewhere already?

Edited by celtic020
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BigWing said:

My boss had it already when he notified me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
 

As a good boss should.  Congrats!

Log into vMPF and it should show in the promotion section almost immediately after the results are posted.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bennynova said:

FYSA, Autumn has moved....or is no longer in the GAL.

When I did mine, they told me they scheduled everyone automatically.  I talked to a Lt Col at AFPC.  Never talked to Autumn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not that anyone will be pinning on anytime soon until the Senate confirms, but how long till we find out our line numbers? Off my date of rank I'm pretty senior but I'm curious how this much this merit based reorder will affect that.

 

 

Edited by Bigred
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Bigred said:

Not that anyone will be pinning on anytime soon until the Senate confirms, but how long till we find out our line numbers? Off my date of rank I'm pretty senior but I'm curious how this much this merit based reorder will affect that.

 

 

Promotion Increments for 1 Nov & 1 Dec are loaded to MyPers .... Officers Promotions --> (scroll down for) Increments to Lt Col 

 

EDIT: Forgot part 2 ... CC's/SR's have your specific line numbers, otherwise it should flow thru MILPDS to vMPF (Career Data Brief) within 24-48 hrs. 

Edited by Zag Em
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Zag Em said:

Promotion Increments for 1 Nov & 1 Dec are loaded to MyPers .... Officers Promotions --> (scroll down for) Increments to Lt Col 

Well, that answers everyone's question about line numbers.  You are ordered for pin-on based on merit within your functional category, and the pin-on increments are broken out by functional category accordingly.  Makes sense -- would've been hard to order the entire list 1/n.  Also, this table has the first pin-ons taking place 1Nov (Senate pending) so I would expect to see some line numbers popping up on VMPF very soon (couple days at most).

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Zag Em said:

Promotion Increments for 1 Nov & 1 Dec are loaded to MyPers .... Officers Promotions --> (scroll down for) Increments to Lt Col 

 

EDIT: Forgot part 2 ... CC's/SR's have your specific line numbers, otherwise it should flow thru MILPDS to vMPF (Career Data Brief) within 24-48 hrs. 

Unless I'm missing it, the CY20B board isn't showing on the increments yet?

Copy on the line number, I'll ask my CC!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, FourFans130 said:

Glad to hear you still have the fight.  Is your commander in the fight with you?  Honestly, he/she SHOULD be the one leading that fight with rage, fury, and an unquenchable lust for justice.  You can still win that fight, I am simply curious as to the current state of leadership.

BL: It is not your job to write your OPR, PRF, or get to the bottom of why you did or did not get promoted.  That's a commander's job.  If your commander is not leading that fight, I would gladly rip that faggotrous pin off their chest. 

Ability to command and lead is demonstrated, not earned.

Geez, projecting, are we?  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Bigred said:

Looks like line numbers are popping into MyPers now. 

So like I thought...I'm very close to the bottom.

But...better to be the last Lt Col promoted than the first Maj to be passed over.  I'll take what I can get.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, pawnman said:

So like I thought...I'm very close to the bottom.

But...better to be the last Lt Col promoted than the first Maj to be passed over.  I'll take what I can get.

whats very close to the bottom?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BKANO said:

whats very close to the bottom?

My line number.  It's in the 500+ range out of 555 for LAF-A.  And since it's order of merit instead of date of rank...

Edited by pawnman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, pawnman said:

My line number.  It's in the 500+ range out of 555 for LAF-A.  And since it's order of merit instead of date of rank...

gotcha. They are promoting like 50 people per month so your pin on will likely be like next July/August. 

Edited by BKANO
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, General Chang said:

Geez, projecting, are we?  

Um, yes?  Though I'm not sure you have firm grasp of what "projecting" is.

Should I consider it an honor to be trolled by a king troll?  Why am I hearing mini-boss level music in the background?

Edited by FourFans130
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, pawnman said:

My line number.  It's in the 500+ range out of 555 for LAF-A.  And since it's order of merit instead of date of rank...

Hey, a line number is a line number.  Only reason it matters to me is I'm in DC and could use the cash.  The rent is too damn high.  

  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

MEMORANDUM FOR SECRETARIES OF THE MILITARY DEPARTMENTS

SUBJECT: Promotion Selection Board Guidance

This memorandum provides guidance for your use in preparing instructions (precepts) for promotion selection boards convened under your authority in accordance with title 10, United States Code.

As indicated in the National Defense Strategy, China is leveraging military modernization and predatory economics to coerce neighboring countries to reorder the Indo-Pacific region to their advantage. As China continues to seek economic and military ascendance, it will continue to pursue a military modernization program that tries to displace the United States to achieve global preeminence in the future.

Recognizing this challenge to U.S. National Security interests, the Department must grow an officer corps that includes strategists and leaders who excel in their knowledge of the political-military affairs and U.S. strategic interests in the Indo-Pacific region.

You are directed to review and revise promotion selection board precepts and convening orders, as applicable, to emphasize the importance of having senior leaders with Indo-Pacific region experiences. Provide copies of the revised documents to the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness. This memorandum will be effective for promotion selection boards convened on or after January 1, 2021.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2020 at 6:31 PM, panchbarnes said:

MEMORANDUM FOR SECRETARIES OF THE MILITARY DEPARTMENTS

SUBJECT: Promotion Selection Board Guidance

This memorandum provides guidance for your use in preparing instructions (precepts) for promotion selection boards convened under your authority in accordance with title 10, United States Code.

As indicated in the National Defense Strategy, China is leveraging military modernization and predatory economics to coerce neighboring countries to reorder the Indo-Pacific region to their advantage. As China continues to seek economic and military ascendance, it will continue to pursue a military modernization program that tries to displace the United States to achieve global preeminence in the future.

Recognizing this challenge to U.S. National Security interests, the Department must grow an officer corps that includes strategists and leaders who excel in their knowledge of the political-military affairs and U.S. strategic interests in the Indo-Pacific region.

You are directed to review and revise promotion selection board precepts and convening orders, as applicable, to emphasize the importance of having senior leaders with Indo-Pacific region experiences. Provide copies of the revised documents to the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness. This memorandum will be effective for promotion selection boards convened on or after January 1, 2021.

Looks like FAOs for the indo pacific region have guaranteed themselves O5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...