Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

1 hour ago, maj_pain said:

Dang.  The tracker as of this AM has it not even being reported into OSD.  Wonder when they will establish public release.  

Should be o/a 18 May, guys at my base got advised of the results last Friday.

3 minutes ago, DirkDiggler said:

Should be o/a 18 May, guys at my base got advised of the results last Friday.

Do you (or anyone) know when public release is?  I work for civilians so they likely are not paying attention.

14 hours ago, maj_pain said:

Why is the CY22 O-4 list still not approved. It adjourned in December and two rounds of lists have been approved ahead of it.  

Probably waiting till after the Major SCODs closeout on 31 May so the new Maj (s) don’t have to scramble.

Alternatively, the list got lost in the trons. Pick your favorite answer.

On 5/20/2023 at 5:48 AM, StrikeOut312 said:

Probably waiting till after the Major SCODs closeout on 31 May so the new Maj (s) don’t have to scramble.

Alternatively, the list got lost in the trons. Pick your favorite answer.

Guidance came out with the O5 release that this years O4 selects will do their OPB at the Capt SCOD….thought for sure the list was going to drop right after those instructions, but still waiting.

Edited by Constant Hotsauce

On 5/20/2023 at 4:48 AM, StrikeOut312 said:

It's a hilarious Air Force non-solution to a problem they created.. you could just release the list and still have the Maj selects close out on the Capt SCOD date. The Capt SCOD is before the fiscal year ends so no one will have pinned on yet anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️ literally the end result is the same without keeping everyone in limbo.  

I don't know what I expected to happen, big AF has a knack for choosing the dumbest possible COAs

Edited by Pooter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pooter said:

It's a hilarious Air Force non-solution to a problem they created.. you could just release the list and still have the Maj selects close out on the Capt SCOD date. The Capt SCOD is before the fiscal year ends so no one will have pinned on yet anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️ literally the end result is the same without keeping everyone in limbo.  

I don't know what I expected to happen, big AF has a knack for choosing the dumbest possible COAs

This is what happens when you have non operators running the A1 echelons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dream big said:

This is what happens when you have non operators running the A1 echelons. 

If only it were that simple.  These things are very often tied to congress and getting promotion approval through committee.  This year, our congress is virtually incapacitated by it's own doing.  Hell, some of our Senators are actually physically incapacitated yet are still somehow making decisions that direct our nation.

They can't even figure out how to keep functioning as an organization.  Good luck getting anything so proletariat as a military officer promotion list authorization out of them.  It's not like our military can go on strike or stop showing up to work.  All the while, the AF gets stuck holding the bag, and god save you if you blame the person who isn't doing their job for not doing their job.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FourFans said:

If only it were that simple.  These things are very often tied to congress and getting promotion approval through committee.  This year, our congress is virtually incapacitated by it's own doing.  Hell, some of our Senators are actually physically incapacitated yet are still somehow making decisions that direct our nation.

They can't even figure out how to keep functioning as an organization.  Good luck getting anything so proletariat as a military officer promotion list authorization out of them.  It's not like our military can go on strike or stop showing up to work.  All the while, the AF gets stuck holding the bag, and god save you if you blame the person who isn't doing their job for not doing their job.

The Congressional staffing happens after public release.  Two sets of boards have been released that convened after the 04 board.  This is completely the AF's/DoD's fault at this point.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, maj_pain said:

The Congressional staffing happens after public release.  Two sets of boards have been released that convened after the 04 board.  This is completely the AF's/DoD's fault at this point.  

I think they're busy at work designing the next software that will make life even harder on the force (pex 2.0, dts 6.9, mypay 2020???).   We have a few guys trying to retire right now and myFSS certainly isn't helping their blood pressure.  I'm within a month of retirement and thankfully I submitted, and received, my retirement order before the switchover.  But now I'm trying to get my early retirement stuff finalized before I lose my CAC, but something that only took a few weeks years ago, now is on month 4.   Reason?  myFSS switchover (supposedly).  Yay, "advancement..."  How is myEval 2.0 working out? 

I've said it numerous times on here, very few "improvements" the AF has rolled out over my 22 years has actually helped me.  Mostly it's just dumped the duties of others onto me and has caused me to spend more and more time doing admin, and less time on my real job.   

Get off my lawn!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 5:15 PM, HossHarris said:

There are only 3 optimum points to get out:

-the moment your pilot training commitment is up. 

-at exactly 20 years 

-when they kick you out for High year tenure. 

Any other point on the timeline and you’re giving something up. 

You left out the most optimum point to get out: 1+ year before your UPT ADSC is up.

Write letters and get passed over twice for major. You'll save more than a year on your ADSC, depending on when you commissioned and completed UPT.

I highly recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

If you’re still waiting to find out if you made O-4, try registering for ACSC by correspondence. A few years ago I used that trick to find out early that I made O-5 with AWC (Although registering is as far as I went with that! 🍺) Apparently Air University gets the list even before Senior Raters. At least they used to, they might’ve fixed the glitch by now though.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, McJay Pilot said:

If you’re still waiting to find out if you made O-4, try registering for ACSC by correspondence. A few years ago I used that trick to find out early that I made O-5 with AWC (Although registering is as far as I went with that! 🍺) Apparently Air University gets the list even before Senior Raters. At least they used to, they might’ve fixed the glitch by now though.

I’m glad you got a head start on Lemay and Arnold essays 

On 6/14/2023 at 11:07 PM, McJay Pilot said:

Ha, legit backdoor...silly AF, just be transparent and show progression like a Dominoes pizza tracker. Everyone knows there exist many steps, would it be so bad to share their progression through them?

6 hours ago, Slightly slow, correcting said:

Found out this week I got selected on the LAF-A Maj board. Do increments start on Sept 1 or Oct 1?

Depends on Senate confirmation and when the previous list is exhausted.