Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

10 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Is the interval released? I saw the 2007 folks was 44 per month but didn’t see the 2008 and when they’ll start those promotions.

Divide the total number of selects by 12. That's how many should be promoted each month... of course they still haven't posted the last 2 months of this FY that should finish out the last of the previous board so who knows what's going on.

• 1 month later...

Hey All--first timer here.

Anyone on the upcoming major board and concerned with the new shit-show of my eval?  My OPR from this year is in the new my eval system and no one knows to include the Wg execs know what is going on to push it up the chain and get it into PRDA.  

My concern is that I'll have a missing OPR with my best strats.  I've seen good dudes get screwed over for missing an OPR or dec in the past.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Fair_Fold said:

Anyone on the upcoming major board and concerned with the new shit-show of my eval?  My OPR from this year is in the new my eval system and no one knows to include the Wg execs know what is going on to push it up the chain and get it into PRDA.  

My concern is that I'll have a missing OPR with my best strats.  I've seen good dudes get screwed over for missing an OPR or dec in the past.

One solution would be to take the signed OPR and submit it as part of a letter to the board. Not the correct way but it’ll ensure it gets in. Just make sure to adhere to it getting there 10 business days prior to convening rule.

7 hours ago, Fair_Fold said:

Your wing execs should be fired. There are growing pains with the new system but at this point the wing execs are useless if they can’t at least help with basic processing.  I’d reach out to your MPF, try to speak to an OIC. If they can’t help you (I hope not) then try to get a hold of someone at AFPC.  I know how frustrating it is to be in your shoes. 

5 hours ago, dream big said:

Your wing execs should be fired. There are growing pains with the new system but at this point the wing execs are useless if they can’t at least help with basic processing.  I’d reach out to your MPF, try to speak to an OIC. If they can’t help you (I hope not) then try to get a hold of someone at AFPC.  I know how frustrating it is to be in your shoes. 

You say that but depending on where you are Evals have ground to a haunt.

For any '14 people on their first board or '13 people facing their second after getting passed over: If you are at all interested in getting out I can share what I learned through my process of writing a letter to the board and cutting more than a year off my UPT ADSC by getting passed over a second time. I was hired by a legacy airline that asked zero questions about rank, timing, OPRs, additional duties, job titles, or any queep that only matters in the Air Force. 

If you want out early you can 100% do it by playing by their rules. 

PM for details.

2 hours ago, BrightNeptune said:

For any '14 people on their first board or '13 people facing their second after getting passed over: If you are at all interested in getting out I can share what I learned through my process of writing a letter to the board and cutting more than a year off my UPT ADSC by getting passed over a second time. I was hired by a legacy airline that asked zero questions about rank, timing, OPRs, additional duties, job titles, or any queep that only matters in the Air Force. 

If you want out early you can 100% do it by playing by their rules. 

PM for details.

Did you get paid severance?

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, dream big said:

RUMINT that SECAF has announced through AFPC that AADs are going to be unmasked for 0-4 and O-5 promotion boards starting CY23…anyone else heard similar? 

Lol.  If this is true.  The cycle has come full circle....again. Get your masters, we mean don't get it and by don't get it we actually mean get it.  Some things never change.  

Yep. I saw a copy/paste from a HAF prerelease, to be effective 1 Jan ‘23. Bonkers I might need a masters to make major, but not even a bachelors to go fly for one. 

Edit - checked my email, and sure enough had a forwarded message from my CC with Gen Miller’s release. This is definitely going to catch out some 2015 YG folks.

Edited by Chef16
  • Like 2

"Airmen and Guardians

For several years the DAF has masked advanced degrees from Major and Lieutenant Colonel promotion boards. I have repealed that policy effective 1 January 2023. I do not believe that as we assess the development and potential contributions of our officers, that we should hide the acquisition of valued expertise from promotion boards for any rank.

The United States, and specifically the Department of the Air Force, are facing foreign competitors that include the most technologically capable and well-resourced competitor we have ever confronted. We are also confronted by multiple competitors from vastly different cultures than our own. To compete with China, Russia, or other potential threats, the Air and Space Forces must incorporate new technology more rapidly and effectively than our competitors. We must also have a deep understanding of the history, motivations, doctrine, and thought processes of our potential adversaries.

To do this effectively, we need leaders and supporting staff throughout the DAF at all levels who have deep expertise in emerging technologies and their applications to military operations. We must also have leaders with expertise in the cultures of our potential adversaries. Such expertise and associated critical thinking skills are developed from many sources and experiences, including advanced academic degree programs.

I'm aware that there was a time when an advanced degree, any advanced degree, was considered necessary for promotion to Major or Lieutenant Colonel. That is not the intent. Advanced degrees are neither a requirement for promotion to Major or Lieutenant Colonel nor a guarantor of promotion. The DAF will continue to value both operationally and educationally derived experience and expertise and will always value high levels of performance.

I will instruct promotion boards to understand and appreciate the value of specific advanced academic degree awards, military training completion, and operational experience with respect to the developmental category meeting the board. Officers should not pursue an advanced degree simply to impress a promotion board or to check a perceived box. Advanced degrees should be chosen to meet personal and professional goals, with an appreciation of the value the specific degree has to the Department of the Air Force.

One Team, One Fight!         

Frank Kendall

Secretary of the Air Force"

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, LiquidSky said:

Unless there's some force shaping in the near future, does this really change anything about the 99% promotion rate to major? I can see it being an issue at the O-5 level for some that have accidentally stuck around.

Force shaping? LOL…welcome to 2022 bro, it’s called an airline hiring spree. Anyone left in the 09-12 YGs who stuck around pretty much only need to be able to fog a mirror…

16 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Interesting he says specific degrees..... That makes me believe they will be weighing certain academic fields higher than others. Specifically, by the language in his letter, technological or STEM fields. 

Bingo. I was thinking the same!

Force shaping? LOL…welcome to 2022 bro, it’s called an airline hiring spree. Anyone left in the 09-12 YGs who stuck around pretty much only need to be able to fog a mirror…

I know so few people in the 10-15 YG that are going to or have stayed in. I’m pretty sure I can count on one hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the actual Fuck.  This is maybe the dumbest thing the AF could've done retention wise right now.  Every careerist sack of shit O-5/6 is gonna rack & stack their guys based on this shit, SECAF guidance mentioned above aside.  We're already in a personnel shortage WRT instructors and evaluators (at least in my corner of the AF) cause the majority of the FGOs are gone.  The 1st time someone doesn't get promoted (or thinks they didn't? based on a lack of an AAD it's just gonna make things worse.

Rant off, anyone know if AMU/Toro/ERAU has stock available to buy?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LiquidSky said:

I'm aware that there was a time when an advanced degree, any advanced degree, was considered necessary for promotion to Major or Lieutenant Colonel. That is not the intent.

That may not be the intent, but that will be the outcome. Again.

• Like 2