Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

5 hours ago, VariEze said:

Picked up after multiple times passed over with a 2-star DP. THE PROBLEM is my approved retirement and literally 7 workdays til final out before SkillBridge and terminal. WTF

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Congrats! On the retirement, and the promotion, I guess. I think you are getting the better deal with the retirement.

• Upvote 2

On 6/22/2022 at 12:37 AM, VariEze said:

Picked up after multiple times passed over with a 2-star DP. THE PROBLEM is my approved retirement and literally 7 workdays til final out before SkillBridge and terminal. WTF

I am APZ, but had a retirement in the system as well, but I’m assuming a non-select. Should I have heard something from my CC either way?  Non-select paperwork to sign?  I’ve been on terminal leave since March and my retirement date is 1 Aug. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

Hypothetical situation: someone is selected for O-5, but set to retire 1 May.  Pin-on date works out as 1 Apr but they started terminal 1 Mar.  Do they retire as an O-5? Not talking pay (high-3), talking rank only. 

You have to hold your rank for 3 years to retire as that rank, so they would retire 1 May as a Lt Col and be a Major, retired the next day.

Hypothetical situation: someone is selected for O-5, but set to retire 1 May.  Pin-on date works out as 1 Apr but they started terminal 1 Mar.  Do they retire as an O-5? Not talking pay (high-3), talking rank only. 

In accordance with 10 US Code 1370, 2(A), you have to serve three years to “retire” as an O-5. SecDef can waive to 2 years. Now what gets read on the retirement script…that’s just a Word document

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jrizzell said:

In accordance with 10 US Code 1370, 2(A), you have to serve three years to “retire” as an O-5. SecDef can waive to 2 years. Now what gets read on the retirement script…that’s just a Word document

So this persons ID card would say “O-4” even if they pinned on O-5 before retiring?  

this is happening to one of our guys, I’ve never known anyone to care enough to ask!

• Like 1

Congrats to the selects! 🍺 Condolences to those who got the shaft. 😭

I somehow managed to get pick it up right in the middle of the pack (with a "trusted officer" push). Looking forward to my $12 BAH increase.

Some stats:

IPZ Rated ops 77% (pilots 77.4%, navs 73.9%, ABM 81.8%), APZ Ops 9.2% (P 7.4%, N 9.8%, ABM 18.5%)

IPZ Non rated ops 75.1%, APZ 16.4%

IPZ Msn sup 78.1%, APZ 11.6%

Edited by StoleIt
emojis
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

So this persons ID card would say “O-4” even if they pinned on O-5 before retiring?  

this is happening to one of our guys, I’ve never known anyone to care enough to ask!

Yes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, StoleIt said:

Congrats to the selects! 🍺 Condolences to those who got the shaft. 😭

I somehow managed to get pick it up right in the middle of the pack (with a "trusted officer" push). Looking forward to my $12 BAH increase.

Some stats:

IPZ Rated ops 77% (pilots 77.4%, navs 73.9%, ABM 81.8%), APZ Ops 9.2% (P 7.4%, N 9.8%, ABM 18.5%)

IPZ Non rated ops 75.1%, APZ 16.4%

IPZ Msn sup 78.1%, APZ 11.6%

What's the trusted officer push??

7 hours ago, uscmas412 said:

What's the trusted officer push??

Similar to "one of my best", "great officer", etc...

The secret decoder ring says "middle of the pack, didn't commit any crimes but not good enough for a strat."

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Shakermaker said:

Found out through the public release I joined the twice passed over club.  Leadership here absolutely blows.

That’s pretty unacceptable. I’d get on you senior rater’s calendar and give that feedback to their face. 

Got picked up IPZ on this LAF-A board (line # 4XX aka bottom 1/3) with the following push, thought it might be helpful to others next go around:

#7/26 I/APZ

#30/111 Gp O-4s

"I expect great things as an O-5 & AF leader--Definitely Promote!"

Overall recommendation:  PROMOTE 

Biggest help IMO was a deployed MSN/CC gig and obviously ACSC in-correspondance. I personally despise quarterly/annual awards and never put myself in, I'm sure that did not help.  

Edited by uscmas412
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 12:58 PM, uscmas412 said:

Got picked up IPZ on this LAF-A board (line # 435 aka bottom 1/3) with the following push, thought it might be helpful to others next go around:

#7/26 I/APZ

#30/111 Gp O-4s

"I expect great things as an O-5 & AF leader--Definitely Promote!"

Overall recommendation:  PROMOTE 

Biggest help IMO was a deployed MSN/CC gig and obviously ACSC in-correspondance. I personally despise quarterly/annual awards and never put myself in, I'm sure that did not help.  

Is our line number just out of the respective line of the air force category or is it overall for the board?