Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

23 minutes ago, bennynova said:

Mine is 15 minute zoom call.   At 315ET

If it's only 15 minutes over Zoom, that may be a sign it's good news.  If you were passed over, there's physical paperwork to sign, and the boss would likely set aside more time to talk about it.

I'm pulling for you!  Good luck!

That’s true!  I forgot about the paperwork part (been through it before).   

anyhow, I’ve been told I didn’t make it by 1 random person on this board (who has a “friend with a list”).

so I’m going in expecting not to make it.   The lists are all segregated by location, SRID, and LAF category, and I’m not even certain if this guy’s “friend” knows that or knows what list he was looking at.   

if I don’t make it, I’m doing an FOIA request for the bottom 10 promoted and making a case for mine.   In my opinion, my record is good enough, and I’ve seen hundreds of packages through my exec days.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, 14N Guy said:

Are the board demographics posted to RAW after the promotion board is released to the public? I checked this morning and didn't see them yet.

Yes.  It may take a couple of days.  I checked too.  They may be on first thing tomorrow morning.

• Upvote 1

Leadership did contact me and confirmed. Hopefully the dudes out there that were in a similar situation to me can benefit from the changes the AF is making, and hopefully the AF continues to make changes to improve how all of this is done.

Edited by 14N Guy

20 minutes ago, bennynova said:

Yes.  It may take a couple of days.  I checked too.  They may be on first thing tomorrow morning.

Line number should also flow to MILPDS (and subsequently to your VMPF dashboard) 24-48 hours after public release.  Will be interested to see if they implemented merit-based line numbers on this board....I know they said they were going to but who knows. 

16 minutes ago, 14N Guy said:

Leadership did contact me and confirmed. Hopefully the dudes out there that were in a similar situation to me can benefit from the changes the AF is making, and hopefully the AF continues to make changes to improve how all of this is done.

Sorry to hear, 14N.   How many years to retirement?

2 hours ago, celtic020 said:

Line number should also flow to MILPDS (and subsequently to your VMPF dashboard) 24-48 hours after public release.  Will be interested to see if they implemented merit-based line numbers on this board....I know they said they were going to but who knows. 

They did the merit based line number allocation. 

18 minutes ago, bennynova said:

Confirmed.   Did not make.   Great!

who’s the organization we bother at AFPC?

afpc/dp....

Sorry man -- that's baffling.  Sadly on these Air Force boards there are always a handful every year that make zero sense.  

AFPC.DP2SPP.OfficerPromotions@us.af.mil

30 minutes ago, bennynova said:

Confirmed.   Did not make.   Great!

who’s the organization we bother at AFPC?

afpc/dp....

There are some baffling results on that list, including a golden nugget APZ with a P an no IDE (seriously?!) who got picked up, yet there were multiple DPs NOT picked up.  

The lesson is: Go Guard/AFRC...but I digress...

I know the pain of getting passed over and that game sucks any way you play it, especially with a DP.  Sorry man.  The good news is, this isn't the end, and if you don't make promotion later, the USAF REALLY needs you.  It's weird, but it's true.

Your commander should have a full data download and fact finding mission of his/her own...I'd be pissed if you were in my unit and this happened.

However, the individual (my experience is 3 years old, so take it with a grain of salt) that conducts all the passed over counseling is a Miss Autumn Fowley (I don't have global, so i might be spelling that wrong) at AFPC.  Passed over counseling is a one-on-one phone interview with her where your record is evaluated against a sampling of records from your board.  She should give an assessment of what's different in the passed over record, and what items stand out as different and might have contributed to not making it.  At no point will you get a 100% answer as to why you didn't make it.  You will never know who was on the board, nor what was said about your PRF.  Great process, right?   (For frame of reference, Marine officers know who will be grading their board before they even turn in their PRFs, and are encourage to ask individuals why they didn't make it)

Ask your commander what the current process is regarding continuation.  That shouldn't be a player unless you get passed over 1 APZ though.  If you are a flyer, you should get continued, but stranger things have happened.  Ask your commander and don't quit until you have solid answer on the current process.  If you don''t get an answer, consider skipping your commander, it's that important.  The last thing you want is a surprise letter saying you've not been continued because of some form that wasn't submitted correctly (I've seen it happen).

Again, this should all come from your commander.  However, having experienced no support upon being passed over, I don't want you to suffer more frustration in this moment.

PM me if you've got more questions.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, FourFans130 said:

There are some baffling results on that list, including a golden nugget APZ with a P an no IDE (seriously?!) who got picked up, yet there were multiple DPs NOT picked up.  

The lesson is: Go Guard/AFRC...but I digress...

I know the pain of getting passed over and that game sucks any way you play it, especially with a DP.  Sorry man.  The good news is, this isn't the end, and if you don't make promotion later, the USAF REALLY needs you.  It's weird, but it's true.

Your commander should have a full data download and fact finding mission of his/her own...I'd be pissed if you were in my unit and this happened.

However, the individual (my experience is 3 years old, so take it with a grain of salt) that conducts all the passed over counseling is a Miss Autumn Fowley (I don't have global, so i might be spelling that wrong) at AFPC.  Passed over counseling is a one-on-one phone interview with her where your record is evaluated against a sampling of records from your board.  She should give an assessment of what's different in the passed over record, and what items stand out as different and might have contributed to not making it.  At no point will you get a 100% answer as to why you didn't make it.  You will never know who was on the board, nor what was said about your PRF.  Great process, right?   (For frame of reference, Marine officers know who will be grading their board before they even turn in their PRFs, and are encourage to ask individuals why they didn't make it)

Ask your commander what the current process is regarding continuation.  That shouldn't be a player unless you get passed over 1 APZ though.  If you are a flyer, you should get continued, but stranger things have happened.  Ask your commander and don't quit until you have solid answer on the current process.  If you don''t get an answer, consider skipping your commander, it's that important.  The last thing you want is a surprise letter saying you've not been continued because of some form that wasn't submitted correctly (I've seen it happen).

Again, this should all come from your commander.  However, having experienced no support upon being passed over, I don't want you to suffer more frustration in this moment.

PM me if you've got more questions.

Everything FourFans said is spot on. I do think it’s Autumn Foley, she’s been there for awhile. The only additional piece of advice, is scour your As Meet records. If you find anything missing or incorrect, there’s a process to apply and meet a supplemental board. If your missing an OPR, could be a game changer. The guy punch is real, and I never really get more than “needed more O6 strats”. Keep your head up, different opportunities are available to you now. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Do you guys think a wrong duty title would be enough to get on the supplemental?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a form you submit, which explains the error, and how it affected your board. Personally, I would try. You lose nothing by trying to meet the supplemental. Touch bases with Autumn Foley, she’ll be able to provide current guidance. Mine experience is several years old. 

For reference, my OSB showed me in S flying status, versus K flying status. I was on staff, and the paperwork hadn’t caught up to reflect me being in an Non-Flying billet. I used that to get another look.

Edited by jrizzell
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, bennynova said:

FYSA, Autumn has moved....or is no longer in the GAL.

In that case...call every single number in AFPC until you find her replacement.  I'm not kidding.  All the GS's know each other...and it'll likely be a GS.  That's how I found the 365 deployment manager, the 179 deployment manager, and the BACN deployment manager.

As for a supplemental, do everything and anything you can to get anyone to look at your record again.  It's that simple.  It takes a single person to recognize "well shit, we should have promoted this guy" for you to get picked up.  We all wish it were different and that 'the process' worked to promote the right ones, but it's not that way.  ANY reason to put your record in front of a different set of eyes is good.

Edited by FourFans130

So I'll probably be at the bottom...
I don't think they did the entire list merit ordered. I was told a certain percentage was merit ordered then the rest was time in grade based. My line number is fairly low and I have APZ friends with lower numbers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Great to know.    I am going to try to get onto an SSB, and plan is to get promoted.   I have an error of 2 duty histories, which didn’t make the difference, but should get me an SSB.  

im not sure what happened, but I’m gonna get to the bottom of it.