Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

4 minutes ago, panchbarnes said:

At least one non-rated select on the list is toxic and unqualified.  Very disappointing.

Ah but I'm sure his records were pristine, that's apparently what matters.  I wonder why they don't incorporate a boarded interview for promotions (at least Lt Col and above.). Not saying the toxic wouldn't slip through the cracks but maybe then you could get a "whole" person view of the officer? 

24 minutes ago, dream big said:

Ah but I'm sure his records were pristine, that's apparently what matters.  I wonder why they don't incorporate a boarded interview for promotions (at least Lt Col and above.). Not saying the toxic wouldn't slip through the cracks but maybe then you could get a "whole" person view of the officer? 

#1 strats down the left, expert volunteer even as an FGO.  I don't think an interview would have changed anything.  The pristine records were the results of checking the right boxes and having the right mentors.  Job knowledge and leadership not required.

Edited by panchbarnes

1 hour ago, di1630 said:

Ops was out-promoted by support....I have no words.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

How did you come to this conclusion?  There hasn't been anything posted to static reports yet.

Data point: 11M, patch, 11 years in ops squadrons, 1000+ combat hours, clean record, highly effective instructor, NATO staff.....not selected.

Any doubts on what the USAF values?

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, gearpig said:

So Mission Support is promoted at higher percentages and actual numbers than Pilots while the total numbers of both groups meeting the board are within 1%. And even moreso than Ops as a whole.

This within days of the AF Chief of Staff holding national level meetings about his pilot retention "crisis".

There are no words to accurately convey the sheer stupidity of it all.

For any reasonably intelligent aviator sitting on the fence this should tell you ALL you need to know.

Get. Out. NOW!

• Upvote 3

Data point: 11M, patch, 11 years in ops squadrons, 1000+ combat hours, clean record, highly effective instructor, NATO staff.....not selected.

This is interesting. P or DP? IDE? Negative marks on record?

Just now, Lstcause257 said:

This is interesting. P or DP? IDE? Negative marks on record?

P.  IDE (correspondence, but that's not supposed to matter says AF leadership...we all know the truth though). No negatives.

• Upvote 1

Geeezus...but have you planned an Xmas party?

This would be like Apple telling the engineers who design the next iPhone that they have a statistically worse shot at advancement than the person who line up food services or orders copy machine paper for the company.

I'm appalled. I've been telling pilots on the fence to stick around as things are improving. I'm thinking I might be out to f-cking lunch.

• Upvote 1

Minus the patch part, I can name at least 5 individuals in the KC-10 community with similar stats who were not selected for O-5 on the last 3-4 boards. All of them are people I would follow into combat.

I can also name several who were selected for O-5...I would never follow them into combat except for morbid curiosity. Thankfully all of them are stuck on staff for the rest of their careers.

35 minutes ago, di1630 said:

Geeezus...but have you planned an Xmas party?

This would be like Apple telling the engineers who design the next iPhone that they have a statistically worse shot at advancement than the person who line up food services or orders copy machine paper for the company.

I'm appalled. I've been telling pilots on the fence to stick around as things are improving. I'm thinking I might be out to f-cking lunch.

You are that crusty guy with all the knowledge. I let the Lts know what is going on and you have to do whats best for you.

I tell them straight up I did not take the bonus. A 5 year bonus isn't the answer anymore. I don't care about being a Lt Col when my IPZ is in 2019. I'll be at my 19 year mark (prior E..4 years). I'm that guy who wont do ACSC either because I'm tired of school.

A capt I mentored as a Lt when I was his Flt/CC told the CC he is getting out. I said noooooooo! Don't ever show your hand. He was like I know you told me not to say anything. I know why he spilled the beans. As a Flt/CC he is trying to implement changes and he doesn't see eye to eye with the boss. I'm like man, you have to pick your battles. If a CC doesn't want to make his organization better you should accept it and move on. Dont take it personally or stress about it. That's why I admire this capt because these are the leadership types we need.

Edited by hatedont

In all seriousness how are your communities treating passed over O-4s?  Are they the crusty, experienced IPs/EPs dispensing wisdom to the ever increasing inexperienced young 'uns or are they the punching bags picking up every crap detail and 365?  I say this being a passed over dude myself. 

Edited by soupafly06
Clarity meant O-4 not O-5

57 minutes ago, Lstcause257 said:

So how do you become the individual that is IDE complete w/ a DP and not get selected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've seen in the past, senior raters try to use their [edit: excess] DPs to push through good folks who otherwise wouldn't get a serious look--too many years flying the line (especially in the same Sq), or Art 15/LOR for shenanigans as a CGO. 

Edited by WeTheSheeple
  • Upvote 1

Someone tell me how Mission Support and Non-Rated Ops without IDE complete were promoted at significantly higher rates. I would think those who aren't on the road 200 days a year would have less of an excuse to get PME done and should be punished on the promotion board.

5 minutes ago, MooseAg03 said:

Someone tell me how Mission Support and Non-Rated Ops without IDE complete were promoted at significantly higher rates. I would think those who aren't on the road 200 days a year would have less of an excuse to get PME done and should be punished on the promotion board.

Most likely selects off the O-4 board just finishing ACSC. AETC student board gives most folks a P, even the shiny pennies. 

1 minute ago, MDDieselPilot said:

Can someone point me to the actual list?  I feel like a dumbazz.. it's not front page on my.af.mil (why aren't officer promotions ever posted there, yet E's always are?) and I can't seem to find it on mypers.

MyPERS>Promotion>Promotion Select Lists>LAF>0517A

... or something like that.