Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

From AF Portal:

"Public release of the  CY17A Colonel (MSC), Lt Col (LAF/MSC) and Major (MSC) Central Selection Boards will be Tuesday, 23 May, 1400Z (0900 CDT). AFPC will post the select lists on myPers by 1200 CDT on 24 May."

They've given themselves until Noon Central time to post the list on myPers.  The myPers site doesn't seem to want to load up at the moment though.  It's being overwhelmed with the MSgt promotion release list.

23 hours ago, jrizzell said:

Two pilots at my location; both 1APZ, neither promoted are both being involuntarily separated...Makes sense seeing as how we have a pilot shortage 

Gents,

Update, I shit you not. I guess at the HAF whomever was in charge of creating the involuntarily separated notification memos  went through the promotion spreadsheet and created them for anyone whom was passed over 1APZ. Our CC called yesterday and did some digging and helped discover the complete breakdown in process. They should be getting their continuation letter shortly...Unbelievable 

Edited by jrizzell
Clarification
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jrizzell said:

Gents,

Update, I shit you not. I guess at the HAF whomever was in charge of creating the involuntarily separated notification memos  went through the promotion spreadsheet and created them for anyone whom was passed over APZ. Our CC called yesterday and did some digging and helped discover the complete breakdown in process. They should be getting their continuation letter shortly...Unbelievable

Completely believable given the absolute dysfunction we see today...I wonder what the Shoe promotion rate was...

1 hour ago, jrizzell said:

Gents,

Update, I shit you not. I guess at the HAF whomever was in charge of creating the involuntarily separated notification memos  went through the promotion spreadsheet and created them for anyone whom was passed over 1APZ. Our CC called yesterday and did some digging and helped discover the complete breakdown in process. They should be getting their continuation letter shortly...Unbelievable 

Buuuuullllsshiiit

I would take that non-continuation letter, frame it in carbonite, send copies to an attorney, the Washington Post, and an unnamed trusted agent in case I were to befall "an unfortunate event", and demand my separation pay under threat of contacting all 535 congresscritters.

Their fuckup.  They own it.  #PayUp

Edited by BFM this
  • Upvote 3

I think anyone forced out through the continuation board process is actually entitled to TERA.  I had created a previous post about it, but because I had included a link in the post it required moderator approval.  So, here's the info:

Under Title 10 Code 632, Paragraph (2), Section (a), if a member is forced to separate due to being twiced passed over for promotion (and not continued as under Code 637 of Title 10), then the member: if he is eligible for retirement under any provision of law, be retired under that law on the date requested by him and approved by the Secretary concerned, which date shall be not later than the first day of the seventh calendar month beginning after the month in which the President approves the report of the board which considered him for the second time;

You can look it up yourself by searching for Title 10 Code 632.  Cornell University is a good site for it.

As the results of the board were reported in May, then members are required to leave service by 01 December of this year.  As TERA is enacted by Congress (and therefore a law), then anyone separated after their 15 point is entitled to TERA. 

ALSO, big update.  According to the DFAS website TERA is extended through 01 December 2025.  I'd post the link, but just search for "temporary early retirement authority DFAS" in Google.  The DFAS page was updated on May 15th.

Completely believable given the absolute dysfunction we see today...I wonder what the Shoe promotion rate was...

If that is true, I would think that this person should get some paperwork. But they won't. Fail a PFT however, that's serious business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The_Vandall said:

I think anyone forced out through the continuation board process is actually entitled to TERA. 

Anyone going to press to test on this one? Sounds like some barracks lawyer story that Big Blue will be quick to crush. But it would be sweet justice to see someone out-shoe the shoes. 

FNG Here, good gouge and just wanted to contribute.... I was 2 BPZ w/DP and a #1/5 eligible from a 2 star, did not make it.... not a rated guy, 6X type. I do have a 2 APZ guy that works with me, rx'd his continuation letter with no issues.

2 hours ago, The_Vandall said:

I think anyone forced out through the continuation board process is actually entitled to TERA.  I had created a previous post about it, but because I had included a link in the post it required moderator approval.  

All I can speak to is my experience, when I was offered continuation, that was it. I had no choice between that or TERA. You could be correct; however it seems like the AF essentially tells you what your option is. You can take it or leave without anything. 

2 minutes ago, jrizzell said:

All I can speak to is my experience, when I was offered continuation, that was it. I had no choice between that or TERA. You could be correct; however it seems like the AF essentially tells you what your option is. You can take it or leave without anything. 

He's saying if you're denied continuation you can TERA.

Edited by LookieRookie

This mess up sounds like it is 100%the fault of the personnel department at the senior raters location.    They are given the spreadsheet with the results.   Another document lays out what continuations are offered and gives 7 or 8 templates.  It all a hodge podge of a mess.  But it's. It really big AFs fault that the personnelist couldn't take the time to do their job correctly 

some people were further comtinued (to 24 years) some were continued to 20. 

6 hours ago, BFM this said:

Buuuuullllsshiiit

I would take that non-continuation letter, frame it in carbonite, send copies to an attorney, the Washington Post, and an unnamed trusted agent in case I were to befall "an unfortunate event", and demand my separation pay under threat of contacting all 535 congresscritters.

Their fuckup.  They own it.  #PayUp

This is the best. I hope someone (everyone) does this. 

Simply incredible.
Reminds me of the movie "Inception". With that letter, the Air Force created an idea, even in the minds of people who might have stayed in, that "The AF is done with me and I am done with the AF."
I wonder how many came to accept that idea before the reversal.

Having survived through cuts beginning back in 2006...I think a lot of folks have been keeping "options" warmed up on the back burner. An officer would have to be pretty thick-skulled and naive to not be ready with an alternative or two in regard to their service in the AF.

Sent from my R1 HD using Baseops Network Forums mobile app

• Upvote 1

So, just saw elsewhere that the overall rate to Lt Col was 72.1%. (unofficial, of course).  But what was disheartening to me, personally, was that the rate for 12B was about 50% (56% for B-52, 47% for B-1).  This, despite the fact that every B-52 and B-1 squadron is short more 12Bs than 11Bs.

I guess they're already starting to phase us out for the B-21.