Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

"Opportunity" % is determined before the PRFs are written...either way, it doesn't matter to the folks who get DNPs for that board...and the true number of DNPs given on a "real" board is negligible to the folks who didn't get a DNP.

So..got my prf back finally..despite current leadership trying to help me out..a 1/12 ..top 5% fgos in group on last opr..wasn't enough to work a DP. Not sure if this was asked yet or discussed but any insight on TERA in the next couple years for the twice passed overs? Or will they simple get the boot? Or will they let them continue now since our numbers are the lowest ever?

So..got my prf back finally..despite current leadership trying to help me out..a 1/12 ..top 5% fgos in group on last opr..wasn't enough to work a DP. Not sure if this was asked yet or discussed but any insight on TERA in the next couple years for the twice passed overs? Or will they simple get the boot? Or will they let them continue now since our numbers are the lowest ever?

Did you ask your boss why they didn't give you a DP, specifically as it relates to your recent strats? If you don't ask then you'll never know, and worse, you're giving your leadership a pass without having to face the music and explain themselves.

Record is inconsistent...he did push it sounds like.. lack of overall group level strats. Not bitter at all...based on what my record shows..I didn't deserve a dp if other records reflected better. Just hoping I have some other options out there. Not too pumped about my inconsistent record going to the board now..

..also..I noticed they left out combat on it..last time they made a note of my combat time..EKIA...all that. This time nothing..I am sure they all have their reasons but......

Edited by Chicken

Record is inconsistent...he did push it sounds like.. lack of overall group level strats. Not bitter at all...based on what my record shows..I didn't deserve a dp if other records reflected better. Just hoping I have some other options out there. Not too pumped about my inconsistent record going to the board now..

..also..I noticed they left out combat on it..last time they made a note of my combat time..EKIA...all that. This time nothing..I am sure they all have their reasons but......

I'm in a similar situation in that I didn't receive a DP either despite leadership's help.

Overall, my record is consistent but with relatively lower % strats, (mine hover in the top 20-30% range). I did however have a DG on a TR that also included a top 4% strat. The DG was on my final PRF but the associated strat (my best strat of all of them) was removed. When I questioned it, I was told having DG and the strat was "redundant." Truth or BS?

-9-

I would've included both the strat and the DG...if it made sense in the story I'm telling the board.

As to leaving the combat stuff out, I probably would've kept it (early in the PRF), since I think the AF should value that...

But in both cases, your SR found something he/she liked better, to better demonstrate your potential to serve in the next higher grade.

The best PRF lines don't just say what you did, they indicate and describe what you CAN do, if given the chance.

Didn't you hear? We're not doing combat any more. We're out of Afghanistan and Iraq, President Obama said so during the SOTU address.

• Upvote 1

I really hope they look at more than just the PRF. I compared my current IPZ to my BPZ and it sucks. Written by a rater who has met me once, after only a month in station. I offered him my old PRFs as a template and he declined. Apparantly all my time in the desert accomplished zero for my career outlook because not a mention of it.

Anyone know how much they look at duty positions and levels and take into account.

The percentages given for staff pushes seemed generous from what I've always heard. 1% vs 5% for CJCS, etc. I assume that it changes year to year, like the overall selection rate, or is it entirely up to the SR?

I come back every now and then to read these threads. I am so fucking glad I left the shit show. A Weapon's School PRF guide? YGTBSM!

Dude. It's PRF guidance for the Weapns School organization, not PRF "TTPs" published by the WS. Contrary to popular belief, WS instructors have to compete for promotion too.

Fellas - it may be too late, but this has been passed around recently and there's still some good info here - whether you're writing PRFs, trying to help out those who are, or stuck writing your own in self preservation mode....

Chuck

Chuck,

I hadn't seen that before, thanks! There's a bunch of useful info in there for PRFs. And like you alluded to... this would have been especially useful three months ago when I was writing my own PRF!

-9-

Dude. It's PRF guidance for the Weapns School organization, not PRF "TTPs" published by the WS. Contrary to popular belief, WS instructors have to compete for promotion too.

No shit, dawg. I know what it is. Just seeing the examples they used was comical.

• Downvote 1

Left? Didn't you say you got twice passed over for major? I love this mentality:

AF: "you're fired vetter"

VETTER: "uhhh....fuck you AF, I quit! ....and the AF is doomed and full of retards."

Had they promoted you and given you a favorable assignment, you'd be singing a much different song and you know it.

There's 3 types of people around here.....those that have decided the AF is best for them and stay, those that have decided to separate in pursuit of something better, and finally, those that were forced out. You're in the third group, but with the added feature that It somehow makes you feel better about yourself to pretend that you had a choice in the matter.

Biggest douchebag post I've seen in a long while

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Actually I tried to quit during the VSP fiasco of 2011, then got passed over.

So here's how it actually went:

Vetter: "uhhhh, fuck you AF, I quit!...and the AF is doomed and full of retards."

AF: No, you can't quit. We need you.

AF: Here's you a great assignment and we need you there, but we're not going to promote you!

Vetter: Perfect! I get to fly Hogs in AZ for 2 more years then I can get out a year early!

AF: Vetter, you're passed over twice now, but we need your skills. So you can stay until 20 years as a Captain.

Vetter: Haha! Fuck you! Deuces!

AF: Fine, but you're not getting invol sep pay. Fuck you!

Vetter: Deuces!

Break break!

Vetter: No, Lt Col DudewhosignedmyPRF, I will not write you a letter of rec for my airline.

Little different than your version.

• Upvote 6

Dood, you got passed over for Major? That must have been an epic party!

That said, you can poo poo the WIC PRF stuff all you want. It's actually difficult to compete when you're in the 57th wing. Not so much just making major, but schools and O-5 is a different animal when you're surrounded by weapons officers and the thunder birds.

• Upvote 2

Just glad I don't have to deal with it anymore. Especially being the shitbag that I was. I watched good bros suck dick for a #1 strat. That's where their transformation to the spineless type of leaders we have today begins. It's sad really...