Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

He has a point. You've got your head in the sand if you think your SR isn't going to glance at the educational history portion of your SURF for helping break the tie between two otherwise identical records during DP/P allocation.

But hey, it's a start.

Edited by Champ Kind

Sorry dude, cynical to say the least. I have seen the OSB for the next board, blank degree block and DE just says PDE complete. Unfortunately though as long as it is still accessible, it can still be used. The next board, the change is more symbolic then anything. The strats people received were influenced by the AAD. You can mask the degree but not the number in the OPR. Hopefully this change will help the '06 but more realistically the '07 and younger yr groups.

Everyone knows about the strat lists that the wings have....has anyone seen AAD and PME in-res/corr w/date complete removed from those sheets? That will tell you if this new mentality is truly happening. I know the one at my unit still has that info on it.

Sorry dude, cynical to say the least. I have seen the OSB for the next board, blank degree block and DE just says PDE complete. Unfortunately though as long as it is still accessible, it can still be used.

Are you suggesting that the promotion board should not see that an officer has accomplished rank-appropriate PME?

Not at all Dupe. I was just stating what I have seen for OSBs and that they are in line with the guidance now released (the OSBs dropped a wek or two ago). With the practice bleeding being cut, just saying complete is a great step forward. If someone doesn't complete rank appropriate PME, that should be highlighted to the promo board. The real discriminator from the SURF for SRs will be the AAD since you can't practice bleed anymore.

"BLUF: To set clear expectations and restore Airman's time, the following changes are being implemented emphasizing job performance as the primary consideration when evaluating officers for promotion:
A. AADs will not be expected until promotion to colonel for line of the Air Force officers. All data pertaining to AADs will be removed from all promotion-related documents prior to colonel. The promotion-related documents affected are: The Officer Pre-selection Brief (OPB); the Officer Selection Brief (OSB); and the Duty Qualification History Brief (DQHB).
B. Method and timing of DE will be removed from all promotion-related documents (OPB, OSB, and DQHB). These documents will only highlight the level of DE, and the status will reflect that it has been "Completed," and for officers selected to attend DE in-residence, it will reflect "Select."
The first promotion board to implement the new policy will be the Major's (LAF) Central Selection Board scheduled for Dec. 1."
YAHTZEE!

Does the method/timing for DE apply to all?? Including IDE?

• 1 month later...

So does anyone know any twice passed over dudes who turned down continuation? I heard TERA was offered to those eligible who weren't offered continuation this year. How about those declining continuation? Is this a viable option to back-door TERA when it seems like the other opportunities to find something else to do are drying up...

• 4 weeks later...

Not Little Rock but got mine back last week. The MLRs are all complete so they should all be done & signed. Senior Raters generally release them all at once and per instruction they're supposed to drop them about one month before the board - so if you don't have yours yet you'll probably have it by early next week at latest.

Guest ThatGuy

Anyone hear rumint that the 05 year group promotion rates maybe insane? I can only assume that's due to everyone jumping ship in our year group.

I was told when mine was handed back that the promotion rate was going to be 95% with a 75% DP rate. Sounds like '05 May be at the bottom of the RIF / force management bathtub.

I got the same word on the 75% DP allocation from an A1 type. Didn't say anything about the 95% promotion rate but that would make sense with a DP rate that high - it's normally 65%ish right?

I got the same word on the 75% DP allocation from an A1 type. Didn't say anything about the 95% promotion rate but that would make sense with a DP rate that high - it's normally 65%ish right?

Yeah, I think so. I know this is the highest I have seen it.

2004 year group was a 75% DP allocation. I actually thought 75% had been the standard the last few years but hopefully somebody that pays attention to that stuff and has been around longer can confirm or correct that for me.

2004 year group was a 75% DP allocation. I actually thought 75% had been the standard the last few years but hopefully somebody that pays attention to that stuff and has been around longer can confirm or correct that for me.

That's true at least dating back to the 2000 YG.

Guest ThatGuy

I was told when mine was handed back that the promotion rate was going to be 95% with a 75% DP rate. Sounds like '05 May be at the bottom of the RIF / force management bathtub.

Yeah, I heard 95% as well.

Well, there's no AAD info so the boards can't possibly be expected to be able to differentiate between records. Promotions for all my friends.

The SOS box is still visible. If they can't find enough people without that box checked then the next step to look for passovers will be Xmas parties.