Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

Got my DQHB today and found my academic info blank. I immediately thought I was going to have to fix it until I read the instructions attached that said effective 1 Dec 14, academic data is masked for any promotion board under O-6. First real proof I've seen that masking academic data is happening instead of just reading or hearing about it at commander calls.

My Academic info is blank as well...

Are they masking Masters and Bachelors?

Seems like it. Mine is the same. Well intended no doubt, but the Senior Raters still pull your SURF, then allocate DPs. So how does this help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like it. Mine is the same. Well intended no doubt, but the Senior Raters still pull your SURF, then allocate DPs. So how does this help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the rules they are given (AFI 36-2501) are re-written to forbid using it in their rack-and-stack. Although, this is still in work, it has been specifically addressed by CSAF.

Got my DQHB today and found my academic info blank. I immediately thought I was going to have to fix it until I read the instructions attached that said effective 1 Dec 14, academic data is masked for any promotion board under O-6. First real proof I've seen that masking academic data is happening instead of just reading or hearing about it at commander calls.

Reading the instructions...good move. My PME was missing from it too...is that being masked?

Those of you that received their DQHB or equivalent recently: what MAJCOM/base do you belong to? My MPF has been months late with the RRF and O-6 boards (leaving us with 3-5 days to produce the products), so I'm just wondering if it's a MAJCOM issue or wing issue.

Mine came from PACAF. It had PME in there as Developmental Education. Which leads me to….

Other big change…anyone else notice on the DQHB that PME states only "PDE Complete?" (or incomplete I assume for anyone who didn't do SOS) No date, no specifics as to which PDE and no differentiation between in-res or correspondence.

Dope.

zb

edited as I saw someone else mentioned PME in the thread.

Edited by zach braff

Any word on the timeline for the next LAF O-5 board?I've been effectively booted from myPers, the unit CCE gives me the blinkie-blinkies when I asked, and Shaw ignores all of my inquiries. I'm permanent party with AFCENT, in theater.

Any word on the timeline for the next LAF O-5 board?I've been effectively booted from myPers, the unit CCE gives me the blinkie-blinkies when I asked, and Shaw ignores all of my inquiries. I'm permanent party with AFCENT, in theater.

Nothing on the site regarding CY15 boards. I would assume the timeline would be similar to this year's (attached).

post-6663-0-56478400-1408019981_thumb.pn

Yeah, saw that earlier. I'm just hoping the timeline doesn't change with all of the stupid force shaping shenanigans.

If I am trying to get something complete prior to by O5 board.. what is typically the latest I can complete it and have it make it on my record?

I would think it depends on what you are working on. I'm still waiting on AFPC to adjust my duty titles, which apparently only gets done in batches now. I've only been waiting 9 months...

A new era for the promotion process is here. Gen Welsh made it happen and the O-6s/O-5s are in the process of getting educated on the new requirements. SOS source and timing are now masked for selection board.

Go to MYPERS and look up PSDM 14-70 - CY14D Colonel Nurse Corps (NC) P0614D and CY14C Major Line of Air Force (LAF) P0414C Central Selection Board (CSB).

There is also a PPT floating around on some of the changes.

"Beginning with boards convening 1 Dec 14 or later, Academic Education will be masked for all Line of the Air Force (LAF) Major and Lt Colonel Boards."

I heard that those reports will now end up as "Data Masked."

PME source (res/corr) and AAD info on the DQHB will be masked. Your training reports will not be pulled from your file though.

So in-res PME will likely be an even larger discriminator now. Welcome to the new era... Same as the old.

Chuck

PME source (res/corr) and AAD info on the DQHB will be masked. Your training reports will not be pulled from your file though.

So in-res PME will likely be an even larger discriminator now. Welcome to the new era... Same as the old.

Chuck

Isn't vast majority of O-3's planned to be in-res though? Is that not a good discriminator now?