Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

chop chop chop....Same arguments can be made for WIC, although in Rescue they seem to either be D-bags, or turn into D-bags upon graduation. Maybe that's changed

We've worked hard to change that, but some of the weapons officers are assholes thing has come about because guys don't like hearing they're fucked up. I definitely remember the WO=Asshole years, but I know for a fact that the everyone gets a ribbon mentality is still alive and well in our community. Until I hooked my first check ride then got my dick kicked in doing AC upgrade at Nellis, I was a shining example of that attitude.

Sorry a bit off topic, I think splitting out the career fields as far as promotion numbers would probably be a good thing. How many XXXX Majors/LtCol does the AF need in the next cycle? Well, let those dudes compete amongst themselves and promote accordingly.

Finance E-3's getting Bronze Stars for their 179 to Al Udeid, soooooo...

Sweet I'm on a 6-month tour to the Undisclosed location doing paperwork crap, where do I pick mine up?

It's easy math for me. The Air Force has never sent a finance school / personnel school washout to UPT.

You sir, win the internet today...

Got word from the boss that this year's O-4 board was not so much delayed as it was all-together canceled.

It seems the next O-4 board will meet during the first week in December of 2014. The O-5 board looks like it will meet in early March of 2014.

The tone of the e-mail was that this is still tentative, but based on good info. The final message should come down in a few weeks.

Oh yes, got to spend time with them at Keesler.

YGBSM...where do they go?

I saw people wash out of ASBC, stupidity has no floor other than rock bottom.

Unbelievable. In the big picture, maybe this is good news. We (you, as I have retired) have nowhere to go but up...

Got word from the boss that this year's O-4 board was not so much delayed as it was all-together canceled.

It seems the next O-4 board will meet during the first week in December of 2014. The O-5 board looks like it will meet in early March of 2014.

The tone of the e-mail was that this is still tentative, but based on good info. The final message should come down in a few weeks.

So O-5 board in march 2014? or did you actually mean 2015? ....because March of 14 would be exactly the same as this year.

So O-5 board in march 2014? or did you actually mean 2015? ....because March of 14 would be exactly the same as this year.

March 2014 is what the e-mail said. I haven't been following the O-5 board at all, so I'm not sure if that is on frag or not.

March 2014 is what the e-mail said. I haven't been following the O-5 board at all, so I'm not sure if that is on frag or not.

If you look at the increments the previous (2012 board) will run out of O-5 Selects in December and the 2013 board's Majors will start being promoted... I don't think there is a reason for the AF to delay the 2014 O-5 board, but stranger things have happened. (BTW the 2011 Major's board still has about 10-11 months until they run out of line numbers)

My Sq/CC is aking for our PRF drafts NLT the 3rd week of Sep. If the dates above are correct, 15 months lead time (to the board convening) doesn't seem right.

I'm just guessing but he/she might be leaning forward and getting them gathered up in case the board is announced at the last minute to make sure there's something ready to go. I haven't heard anybody else in that year group being notified or told to start getting their PRF's together.

So I was bored on AF Portal waiting for them to post the Oct 13 increments when I decided to scroll down and read the comments. Then I saw this gem:

"You can view officer manning by grade (authorized and assigned) and then break out manning by AFSC on this site: https://www.thrmistest.hq.af.mil/scripts/thrmis_report_loader.asp?ReportID=826"

"Mr. McCarthy, Thank you for posting that link. Can you explain it a little bit? It looks like the AF is about ~1300 Majors under authorized end strength for FY14. Am I reading that correctly?"

I'm assuming you need a CAC to access the report, but maybe not. The kicker is this: if the AF is under authorized end strength by ~1300 Majors, and there are still 1220 Capts that need to pin on just from LAF, what are the chances the remaining will pin on in Oct after a new FY has started? Or will it just be 113 again like every month since forever?

It'll prolly be the latter, but still-what the eff is going on?

Unless AFPC changes something, they should announce the board for next year between now and December. They can't have a board this year because you need to have at least 150 days remaining in the year. That 150 days is for the PRF accounting date.

I've been trying to work on my PRF but I have not gotten very far.

Work on your PRF? Why would your commander allow you to do that?

You're being facetious right?

While I've had Commanders comment they would take care of it (PRF), I also realized how busy they were and that the junior exec would end up doing the initial hack....I would rather write my own...I know my record better than the Lt that broke his leg and ended up being an Exec because he couldn't go anywhere anyways.

And we're not supposed to write our own OPRs even though every CRO form you sign says you're not allowed to do it...you still do.

I was just providing information in bullet format...that happened to fit perfectly on the OPR.

Glad you do/did this for the officers under your command, but if you think that all of your peers write their officers' PRFs, you are out of touch.

Glad you do/did this for the officers under your command, but if you think that all of your peers write their officers' PRFs, you are out of touch.

I actually never saw my PRF until it had been signed...and it sucked. I can barely understand the thing and I did all the stuff that was on it. I can't imagine what the board thought.

I actually never saw my PRF until it had been signed...and it sucked. I can barely understand the thing and I did all the stuff that was on it. I can't imagine what the board thought.

So you made no initial inputs? No first "draft"?