Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

Mislead? You think he's spreading bad info on purpose? One of the reasons this site is so popular is because the air force's rules are so numerous, hard to understand, hidden, and ever changing. We use it to crush WOMs. You are angry or surprised that people don't understand the BPZ process? Really?

Mislead? You think he's spreading bad info on purpose? One of the reasons this site is so popular is because the air force's rules are so numerous, hard to understand, hidden, and ever changing. We use it to crush WOMs. You are angry or surprised that people don't understand the BPZ process? Really?

Sure, I'll bite...it's one thing to offer opinions on here. Quite a different thing to cite procedures and numbers as fact without a clue what you're talking about.

Don't post if you don't have a flipping clue what you're talking about. There's no such thing as an O-6 SDE-select. Rate for O-5 is around 15%, which includes all BPZers. This year's O-5 line BPZ rate was 3.1%.

Actually, there is an O-6 SDE select list. It's usually only about a dozen or so per board, and typically given to Lt Col's who make Col BPZ, and have not had a chance to complete JPME II in residence i.e. O-5's who weren't previously selected for SDE. I know two from this past board. There's a site called MyPers...check it out on a web site called the "Air Force Portal". Then go to promotion information. Cheers.

No, just don't mislead people.

Actually, there is an O-6 SDE select list. It's usually only about a dozen or so per board, and typically given to Lt Col's who make Col BPZ, and have not had a chance to complete JPME II in residence i.e. O-5's who weren't previously selected for SDE. I know two from this past board. There's a site called MyPers...check it out on a web site called the "Air Force Portal". Then go to promotion information. Cheers.

kelso-burn-240x180.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest ThatGuy

Every rated AFSC has a career progression pyramid. Does it matter to a board or anyone for that matter that you have done well (strats) by hitting the different jobs on that pyramid? Or does it look better to go from tactics to Chief of tactics for example. I am just curious.

Edited by slick999

This. And...

Sure, I'll bite...it's one thing to offer opinions on here. Quite a different thing to cite procedures and numbers as fact without a clue what you're talking about.

You said that in reference to the following quote:

USAF Pilot' timestamp=1374282085' post='354695]

Yea I thought this was actually written into AFI 36-2301 BPZ to O-5 is automatically a SDE select...Or maybe it was to O-6. Ether way O-5 BPZ promotions rates are in the neighborhood of 3-5%. IPZ O-5 promotion rates that just came out were 74.5%. Selects are dolled out at the rate of 20-30% for O-5 & O-6. Even if I'm incorrect on the AFI reference, your BPZ folks are by far your top tier people.

I don't care what career field you come from, you are an idiot if you considered USAF Pilot's above post as anything other than foggy recollection or outright conjecture. Yet you fly off the handle claiming that he cited "procedures and numbers as fact." WTFever dude. Get lost.

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt"><font color="#000000" face="Calibri" size="3">Every rated AFSC has a career progression pyramid. Does it matter to a board or anyone for that matter that you have done well (strats) by hitting the different jobs on that pyramid? Or does it look better to go from tactics to Chief of tactics for example. I am just curious. </font></p>

The board understands strats and how you compare with your officer peers. The members of the board may not specifically understand any of the ladder-rungs that are unique to your career field. 4/5ths of the officers seeing your records don't care either way about the minutia of which nonflying duties you held. Because our system promotes the best officers (and not necessarily the best rated officers), young guys must understand the importance of strats and DG from schools.

This. And...

You said that in reference to the following quote:

I don't care what career field you come from, you are an idiot if you considered USAF Pilot's above post as anything other than foggy recollection or outright conjecture. Yet you fly off the handle claiming that he cited "procedures and numbers as fact." WTFever dude. Get lost.

Trollers wanna troll

Umm, incorrect. Once an officer is selected for Colonel, even if a previous SDE-select, there is no guarantee of school. The individual no longer meets the DEDB- they meet a special school panel in DPO with no guarantee of school. DPO will try to get O-6 BPZers to school as well, even if not previously SDE-select, but not required and no guarantees.

You pilot idiots want to argue with someone deep in the personnel world about a personnel issue? Stick to airplanes, flyboys. You're not as briliiant as you think you are.

Every rated AFSC has a career progression pyramid. Does it matter to a board or anyone for that matter that you have done well (strats) by hitting the different jobs on that pyramid? Or does it look better to go from tactics to Chief of tactics for example. I am just curious.

For O-5 and above, strats first, followed by breadth (depth is assumed unless indicated otherwise).

You pilot idiots want to argue with someone deep in the personnel world about a personnel issue? Stick to airplanes, flyboys. You're not as briliiant as you think you are.

Wow. I'm guessing you know a lot of folks who failed out of personnel school and went to UPT?

• Upvote 10

You think that is supposed to impress us?

Combat mission count.... go.

Don't forget, nerd: this is the AIR Force. Without us, you'd be in the lower rungs of human resources at Blockbuster Video or something.

Eff off.

• Upvote 2

Dear Gen Chang, you have an opportunity hear to teach us knuckle dragging retards about your world. Don't waste that opportunity with chest beating, you'll lose and your point will be lost. Finance Guy is a moderator on a board full of said idiot pilots, why do you think that is? Please, don't leave, adjust your attitude and actually take this opportunity to teach. It's pretty fucking clear we don't understand A1 at all, so help us out brother, fill in those blanks as best you can.

• Upvote 2

Umm, incorrect. Once an officer is selected for Colonel, even if a previous SDE-select, there is no guarantee of school. The individual no longer meets the DEDB- they meet a special school panel in DPO with no guarantee of school. DPO will try to get O-6 BPZers to school as well, even if not previously SDE-select, but not required and no guarantees.

You're right, it's not a guarantee, but I wasn't talking about those who were previously selected for SDE. The O-6 promotion board does in fact announce SDE selects for a small number who were not previously selected. Like I said, check the official release msg from this past year on MyPers--you can click on the link from a site called the "Air Force Portal" (.mil domain). For instance, one of my friends was recently selected for Colonel BPZ. Since he was not selected BPZ to O-5 or selected for SDE during his IPZ look, he was designated for school on the most recent O-6 list. He just finished up his Sq/CC tour and is heading to NWC. Just trying to clear things up...I hope this helps. Cheers.

Dear Gen Chang, you have an opportunity hear to teach us knuckle dragging retards about your world. Don't waste that opportunity with chest beating, you'll lose and your point will be lost. Finance Guy is a moderator on a board full of said idiot pilots, why do you think that is? Please, don't leave, adjust your attitude and actually take this opportunity to teach. It's pretty ######ing clear we don't understand A1 at all, so help us out brother, fill in those blanks as best you can.

On second thought, please do.

His boss is this guy:

http://www.af.mil/information/bios/bio.asp?bioID=8281

The same geek that signed the latest 36-2903, which took away our Friday t-shirts/patches. He sure knows a lot about how to retain fighter pilots, eh?

Gawd, I'll never bitch about PCSing again. That dude moved like 14+ times to ~10 different bases. Granted, they were places like Stuttgart, Hickam & MacDill, but still, that's a shitload of moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2