Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

51 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

How did you go from DP on your 1-below to just a regular P on IPZ? 🤷‍♂️

May the odds ever be in your favor I guess!

Gotta give that DP to the next 1-below. Don't worry, he's got it. AF never gets it wrong.

PS - Retirement fucking rules.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 9/19/2009 at 3:26 AM, Herk Driver said:

Dude, say what you want. Getting a vector for Air Staff is more difficult and more highly viewed by the AF. A lessor percentage of people get an Air Staff vector, than joint (other). Having done a Joint(other) tour, I can tell you that the AF view is out of sight, out of mind. Your joint OPR means nothing except the strat line.

I think his point was there is a difference between "joint" and "Joint". I've heard similar, that less than 1% of officers will get vectors for JCS, other joint staffs like a sub unified command or COCOM are not as highly viewed. 

When people say you want to shoot for Joint they often confuse this but they mean you need to shoot for big J, not little J. Commanders use the same language on push lines. If joint is written lower case its an indicator to the reader. 

Anyway, not a commander and not on the path, so just repeating what I've heard. 

I've also heard In certain communities staff in general is rare and having any staff is a definite positive anymore, even if just NAF or MAJCOM. 

Edited by FLEA

4 hours ago, FLEA said:

I think his point was there is a difference between "joint" and "Joint". I've heard similar, that less than 1% of officers will get vectors for JCS, other joint staffs like a sub unified command or COCOM are not as highly viewed. 

When people say you want to shoot for Joint they often confuse this but they mean you need to shoot for big J, not little J. Commanders use the same language on push lines. If joint is written lower case its an indicator to the reader. 

Anyway, not a commander and not on the path, so just repeating what I've heard. 

I've also heard In certain communities staff in general is rare and having any staff is a definite positive anymore, even if just NAF or MAJCOM. 

I'd rather smoke a "joint" while holding the rank of "Mr." than deal with any of the bullshit above haha.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, FLEA said:

If joint is written lower case its an indicator to the reader. 

Reason #369 why I’m so glad to no longer be traveling with the circus.

...small j vs big J?  WTaF?  The very definition of dodging valid feedback.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VariEze said:

My J1 told me today release now delayed until end of Aug. something about the Congress part.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

MyPers is still showing the status as "Air Staff".  Still has to clear SECAF, SECDEF, and Congress.  I'd be amazed if that happens by the end of August.

Edited by pawnman

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

MyPers is still showing the status as "Air Staff".  Still has to clear SECAF, SECDEF, and Congress.  I'd be amazed if that happens by the end of August.

Pretty sure the select message comes out prior to Senate confirmation. No one can actually pin on O-5 until the list is confirmed. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 2:52 AM, Bigred said:

Just looked at the tracker, updated 7 Aug. Still sitting at SECAF level. Taking a swag, but I wonder if it was held up to let the new CSAF approve the list.

No inside baseball but its unusual for a board to sit this long in between reviewing bodies, especially with the As Met available in PRDA.  Normally, the As Met is dropped into PRDA about 3/4 of the timeline between board and public release.  At this rate, we're looking at late September release.  I believe first pin-on month for this board should be November.  

Edited by celtic020
  • Like 1

Can anyone with staff experience weigh in on what exactly happens with these promotion lists?  I find it hard to believe folks would be added/dropped from a promotion list that was chaired by 06 and flag officers. And if that's not the case why all the delays?  

Can anyone with staff experience weigh in on what exactly happens with these promotion lists?  I find it hard to believe folks would be added/dropped from a promotion list that was chaired by 06 and flag officers. And if that's not the case why all the delays?  

They’re probably deciding on a new, lower promote rate due to COVID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all the deferred retirements due to COVID, would they lower the promotion rate, or slow the pin on rate to keep under the cap?

On 8/8/2020 at 2:52 AM, Bigred said:

Just looked at the tracker, updated 7 Aug. Still sitting at SECAF level. Taking a swag, but I wonder if it was held up to let the new CSAF approve the list.

Are you looking at a different tracker than me?  I just looked at the status of boards on MyPers and it still says it's with the Air Staff.  Last updated June 19.

2 minutes ago, pawnman said:

Are you looking at a different tracker than me?  I just looked at the status of boards on MyPers and it still says it's with the Air Staff.  Last updated June 19.

Probably both looking at the same tracker.  19June is the last time the board results moved through a wicket.  7August is the top line date on the MYPERS document indicating that, indeed, things are moving slowly.  

24 minutes ago, celtic020 said:

Probably both looking at the same tracker.  19June is the last time the board results moved through a wicket.  7August is the top line date on the MYPERS document indicating that, indeed, things are moving slowly.  

Yup, last movement was 19 June, last day checked for myPers was 7 August. 

Edited by Bigred

I'm beginning to wonder if its being held up for a reason. With the changes that were made to the promotion system this year coupled with the short notice board "via correspondence" construct I wouldn't be surprised if they're a) taking extra time to make sure the results  look in line with what would be expected based on records, or b) already found that they aren't and are trying to figure out what to do next. Just a hunch, but there were a lot of seemingly rushed changes this time around. 

Edited by BigWing
Corrected incorrect info

On 8/10/2020 at 11:34 AM, CaptainMorgan said:

Doubt this is a valid statement since the Army just released their O6 list after Duckworth's hold.

However, been hearing rumbling of funny stuff with end of year funding and GS employees are anticipating mass early retirements (due to funding) come next summer.

• Like 1