Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

10 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So PRFs or no PRFs for the P0418D line of the AF majors board?

On aside not, my CC was like I'm not congratulating these dudes from the last board. They didn't earn their rank. I busted out in laughter and I've grown to accept we are changing as a force. Let me know how it shakes out after I retire in 2 years. #NotMyProblem

That’s messed up.

15 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

On aside not, my CC was like I'm not congratulating these dudes from the last board. They didn't earn their rank. I busted out in laughter and I've grown to accept we are changing as a force. Let me know how it shakes out after I retire in 2 years. #NotMyProblem

I'm sure his new majors will give them 110% every day at the office...

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Your CC is a tool and one of the reasons we have a retention problem.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Unbelievable.  The fact of the matter is that those officers did earn it, through dedicated service over their career. For that reason alone, they merit recognition.  That year group simply did not have their records compete at a board.

Even though one of my guys and I knew he would make it, I still took the time to call and congratulate him.  Making any rank is not insignificant.

That “commander” needs to know it is and has always been about the people, without which, the AF cannot execute its mission.

Edited by Muscle2002
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It actually shows your commander is completely ignorant on what actually happened with that board and that's disappointing. However, not surprised given how terrible of a job HAF did in communicating what was actually happening with that board, regardless he's still a tool. Hope he doesnt feel that way when AFPC shifts the promotion rates like they do every year to ensure we promote enough people to fill the demand.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm not congratulating these dudes

Lame.  I got a nice handwritten card from my Wg/CC when I pinned on Capt even though I didn't do anything but survive for four years.  A personal touch goes a long way.  That's what she said?

19 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

In my neck of the AF, the guidance is we're writing them until we have explicit guidance not to from higher up.  

Didn't we just do this last year?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was briefed on an interesting tidbit regarding the 09 Majors board today. Apparently there is a new (~5 Jul 18) congressional report that is required to be run by the services IG concerning officer eligibility for promotion. This system was already in place for O-6+, however not for the lower ranks. Anybody that is up for promotion that has had a "public" negative indicator will be reviewed at a later time as was mentioned earlier. The main driver for this may have been some Missileers that were involved in the Malmstrom cheating scandal in 2014. Although their LORs were removed from their UIF in the intervening years, their records are being further scrutinized since they were involved in a very public scandal. Hopefully the process will be further vetted for the later year groups (10-11) that were also heavily involved. This new scrutiny caught many O-6 off guard as well.

5 hours ago, Breckey said:

So I was briefed on an interesting tidbit regarding the 09 Majors board today. Apparently there is a new (~5 Jul 18) congressional report that is required to be run by the services IG concerning officer eligibility for promotion. This system was already in place for O-6+, however not for the lower ranks. Anybody that is up for promotion that has had a "public" negative indicator will be reviewed at a later time as was mentioned earlier. The main driver for this may have been some Missileers that were involved in the Malmstrom cheating scandal in 2014. Although their LORs were removed from their UIF in the intervening years, their records are being further scrutinized since they were involved in a very public scandal. Hopefully the process will be further vetted for the later year groups (10-11) that were also heavily involved. This new scrutiny caught many O-6 off guard as well.

Just so we're clear, the guidance is: It's ok to screw-up, just don't do it publically.

12 hours ago, Breckey said:

The real fun part about this guidance is that if you even have an investigation open, they'll withhold your promotion until it finishes.  So if you've got that one airman that doesn't like you because you gave him an LOR for being late to work, it could delay your promotion.

• 2 weeks later...
CY19 board schedule out
biggest change I see is Lt Col board is now 3 months earlier.   Board convenes in March vs June.

That brings the Lt Col board back to the “normal” timeline of March board for a June release.

• M2 locked this topic
  • M2 unlocked this topic