Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

8 minutes ago, MooseAg03 said:

Someone tell me how Mission Support and Non-Rated Ops without IDE complete were promoted at significantly higher rates. I would think those who aren't on the road 200 days a year would have less of an excuse to get PME done and should be punished on the promotion board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Not a statistically significant sample size, less than 20 for either.

2. MXG and MSG O4s usually meet their IPZ board on their first, or sometimes second squadron command. Any flyer is, at most, an ADO in this window. 

3. MX and support organizations absolutely dominate flying organizations in terms of OPRs, awards, decs, and PRFs. Unfortunate but true.

4. The USAF promotes (or claims to) based on potential to serve in the next higher grade. Viewed through that lens, strafing a Taliban stronghold and saving an Army platoon carries less weight than leading a squadron of 200 Airmen. Unfortunate, but true. The USAF doesn't make this a secret though, yet we (aircrew) still suck at writing for success. 

• Upvote 1

Jebus man.. as an 11M (no patch) in a shit staff job, that's not good to hear.

Data point: 11M, patch, 11 years in ops squadrons, 1000+ combat hours, clean record, highly effective instructor, NATO staff.....not selected.

Any doubts on what the USAF values?

Edited by MDDieselPilot

18 minutes ago, Waingro said:

2. MXG and MSG O4s usually meet their IPZ board on their first, or sometimes second squadron command. Any flyer is, at most, an ADO in this window. 

3. MX and support organizations absolutely dominate flying organizations in terms of OPRs, awards, decs, and PRFs. Unfortunate but true.

4. The USAF promotes (or claims to) based on potential to serve in the next higher grade. Viewed through that lens, strafing a Taliban stronghold and saving an Army platoon carries less weight than leading a squadron of 200 Airmen. Unfortunate, but true. The USAF doesn't make this a secret though, yet we (aircrew) still suck at writing for success. 

Great pass down. But if you have no pilots, then those mx and support stats become meaningless. They go hand in hand. 

Edited by hatedont

3 hours ago, FourFans130 said:

Data point: 11M, patch, 11 years in ops squadrons, 1000+ combat hours, clean record, highly effective instructor, NATO staff.....not selected.

I hope we never have another major war.  With the way we treat our warriors, hope may be the only defense that remains.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

How did you come to this conclusion?  There hasn't been anything posted to static reports yet.

MS historically outperforms the other categories in IPZ.  Pilots usually come out way ahead on BPZ.

Disappointed and helplessly observing good people not making the cut.

Somebody asked me in the last RIF (I was eligible) if I worried, assuming that I wasn't because I had stumbled (luck & timing) into a "high-vis" job.  I told them hell yes I was worried.  The AF doesn't cut 30% without making big mistakes.  The mission in a leadership role, right after the actual mission, is pimping out the good people as well as possible.  'Cuz somebody else is pushing an asshole (no sts).  All it takes is one bad rater in one assignment to completely F this system in an unrecoverable way for a good officer.  If I have a point, it's this: learn the game for your ratees' sakes.

Sidenote: I knew a sharp dude, was his Gp/CC's #1 FGO, and got cut in that RIF.  Big Blue makes mistakes.

7 minutes ago, gimmeaplane said:

Disappointed and helplessly observing good people not making the cut.

Somebody asked me in the last RIF (I was eligible) if I worried, assuming that I wasn't because I had stumbled (luck & timing) into a "high-vis" job.  I told them hell yes I was worried.  The AF doesn't cut 30% without making big mistakes.  The mission in a leadership role, right after the actual mission, is pimping out the good people as well as possible.  'Cuz somebody else is pushing an asshole (no sts).  All it takes is one bad rater in one assignment to completely F this system in an unrecoverable way for a good officer.  If I have a point, it's this: learn the game for your ratees' sakes.

Sidenote: I knew a sharp dude, was his Gp/CC's #1 FGO, and got cut in that RIF.  Big Blue makes mistakes.

Don't they RIF the people with negative indicators first, especially officers? DUIs, PT fails..etc. In 2011, I had two friends RIF'd. One for a DUI and the other for a PI at UPT. The PI was after the club was let out, and the cops swept up lots of people in Del Rio. Anyway, the cops called him a model to mimic. He completed UPT and went on to fly tankers. 

2 minutes ago, hatedont said:

Don't they RIF the people with negative indicators first, especially officers? DUIs, PT fails..etc. In 2011, I had two friends RIF'd. One for a DUI and the other for a PI at UPT. The PI was after the club was let out, and the cops swept up lots of people in Del Rio. Anyway, the cops called him a model to mimic. He completed UPT and went on to fly tankers. 

If you cut/non-promote enough people, you'll run out of negative indicators pretty quickly.  Also, most of those peeps will take hint and separate on their own.  And you nailed it with an example of how some negative indicators are BS.

10 minutes ago, gimmeaplane said:

If you cut/non-promote enough people, you'll run out of negative indicators pretty quickly.  Also, most of those peeps will take hint and separate on their own.  And you nailed it with an example of how some negative indicators are BS.

After almost 17 years active, I mostly drink in my house. But still flip flop on the questionnaire from flight medicine on whether I drink or not. I don't drink at any squadron functions. If I drink out with my old lady, her teen comes to pick us up.

• Upvote 3

Yet again more evidence promotions should be separated by AFSC types.
  • Upvote 1

It pops up under the name of the board. The O-5 records showed up maybe 3/4 of the way between board start and result release.

Break / Break

Does anyone have the stats broken out by shredout, specifically for 12X?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, olevelo said:

It pops up under the name of the board. The O-5 records showed up maybe 3/4 of the way between board start and result release.

Thanks, mine was a sub folder under the name of board. Thanks for confirming. 

Edited by budderbar

Yet again more evidence promotions should be separated by AFSC types.

Please stop giving them these ideas... this is your chance to reach escape velocity and separate.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

16 hours ago, FourFans130 said:

But was he/she a wing exec!?

UFB

15 hours ago, soupafly06 said:

In all seriousness how are your communities treating passed over O-4s?  Are they the crusty, experienced IPs/EPs dispensing wisdom to the ever increasing inexperienced young 'uns or are they the punching bags picking up every crap detail and 365?  I say this being a passed over dude myself. 

C-130s:  They are shoved in a hole at wing staff or HHQ staff, their experience and knowledge going to waste, while the only IPs/EPs in the squadron are also Flight Commanders, mission commanders and tasked so heavily with non flying related queep that they maybe actually instruct once or twice a month. 

• Upvote 1