Pilot watches

Guest Dirt Beater

Any SA on group Breitling Airwolf orders? Word around the squadron is they don't offer them anymore....

They stopped making the normal Airwolf a few year ago and went to the one with the rubber bezel, and now that isn't in production either.

There was one order with the Chronospace, but apparently Breitling said no way on another one; however, I heard they would do a Chronospace Auto order (sub dials vs. digital readouts is the big cosmetic difference). In my opinion, this model is the closest thing to the old Airwolf, if that's the style of watch you're looking for.

I've heard a lot of good things about Andrew Michaels, probably a great place to start.

• 1 month later...

No problem, man, I know that feeling, but thanks for the response and info.

I pulled the trigger and bought one, even though the new Fenix2 was just announced yesterday. The Fenix will have quite a few more capabilities than the Tactix, but they're pretty much all geared at Triathletes and Open Water swimming stuff, which I have pretty much zero use for... Then there's the fact that the new Fenix doesn't come out until March at the earliest, the backlight is not safe for NVG's like the Tactix's is (plus it's red, which I hate), and it doesn't have the skydiving feature.

Last, but not least, if you give HeartRateWatchCompany a call, they'll give you a code for a 10% off Military Discount... that applies to all their products, not just the Tactix. I actually spoke to the owner, Rusty; he's a great guy, and hooked me up with Free 2-Day shipping and some other free add-ons as well, so I ended-up saving about $60 altogether.

They have several other watch brands and products, so figured I'd throw that out there if anyone else is interested. The number is (866)586-7129....

hepu5y9u.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fyi, wife got me this watch - it's excellent and I wish I could wear it to work, but I can't. It is 100%, absolutely forbidden to enter the SCIF under any circumstances. It has 3 features that prevent it from being approved. #1 It has BLUETOOTH, so it's a no starter. #2 It receives GPS signals, so per current regs that not allowed in the SCIF. #3 It has a USB cable connection and can read/write to memory, so another no-starter.

Fought it for awhile, and pretended to not know what the deal was - but those are facts. Bluetooth + GPS + USB memory....this is a walking security incident, and as blatant as brining your iPhone in the vault (well maybe not quite as bad, but pretty close).

Time have changed, i'm sure some of you still remember doing crew briefs with your phone turned off, laying on the table in front of you....

Limited run of 135 watches.

10556265_836958989648918_319943837257582

Edited to add - Ordering info from bremont: "The first look at the highly anticipated limited edition Bremont KC-135 Stratotanker! Watches are being assembled now and will be dispatched in mid to late September. This project is limited to 135 pieces for US KC-135 crew members only. There are still a few available if you meet the qualifications. Contact us at military@bremont.com for more information on this exclusive timepiece."

Edited by HU&W

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am putting together a group order for a Breitling Aerospace Strike Eagle custom watch. Retail price is $4,095. The price for our custom Strike Eagle Breitling is £1835 ($3,063) which is the tax free price and includes delivery. We are about 10 short for the 25 watches minimum in order for production. Monthly payment plans are available at no additional cost. We are doing the order through Andrew Michaels Jewelry out of the UK who is working directly with Breitling.

To purchase your custom Strike Eagle Breitling,PM me for the deatils.

We want to submit our order by Oct 31st so spread the word to the bros. PM me or comment below with any questions.

FYI: Custom name engraving with pilot/wso wings on the back is in the works.

10609504_10101551861184719_8037304542004

10556988_10101553870038959_8157327460804

Edited by M2
There is already a thread on pilot watches, we don't need another one. I merged your thread into this one.

Paid ~2K for mine about 2 years ago. You dudes need to cut out the middleman and deal with Breitling directly like everyone else does. That jeweler is ripping you off.

Concur with the above. Paid ~2.3k for a TPS version in 2013. Also, why not go for the Chronospace? At ~4k directly from Breitling, you get an awesome mechanical watch.

Here's what my google-fu uncovered for those wanting to do Breitling orders.

CUSTOM MILITARY LOGO WATCH ORDER REQUIREMENTS:

• 2 models are available for logo printing: Aerospace (not Aerospace Evo) and Chronospace Automatic
  • A minimum order of 25 pieces is required of the same model, same dial color and same logo design. No exceptions.
  • Camera-ready artwork for your logo must be sent by e-mail. We require a high resolution jpeg file.
  • Pantone color numbers (PMS) are required (A Pantone color is an international printing language providing an accurate method for the reproduction and control of color) – we cannot create an image or custom dial without these numbers
  • Prepayment in the form of one bank check is required after the image of the watch has been approved by squadron – we do not accept credit cards or personal checks
  • Delivery to one U.S. address, no individual addresses.
  • We do not charge for freight. Shipments are sent via FedEx or UPS – signature required. APO addresses are okay and will be shipped via registered mail
  • Sales tax is charged on orders shipping to CT, NY, FL, MI, IL, NV & CA only. Please provide shipping address and phone number contact information.
  • Approximate 9 month delivery time - after image has been approved and payment has been received
  • Custom logo orders are Final Sale - No returns or exchanges. Custom dials are the only watches BUSA will sell directly to the consumer. Please refer to an authorized Breitling retailer from our website for other purchases.
  • Current pricing for each model:
    Aerospace on Professional brclt – Retail $4095.00 – your cost $2757.00 with logo dial. $2857.00 with engraved caseback & logo. The Aerospace Evo is not offered for custom dial
    Chronospace Automatic on Professional brclt – Retail $6860.00 – your cost $4416.00 with logo dial. $4516.00 with engraved caseback & logo. (you may choose an attachment other than what is listed above, i.e. bracelet, calfskin, crocodile, rubber. Pricing will be adjusted depending on attachment)

TIMEFRAME OF CUSTOM ORDERS IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER:

1. Squadron leader chooses watch model, dial color and attachment, then sends camera-ready artwork and Pantone colors via e-mail to: susan.mcdonald@breitlingusa.com
  2. Breitling USA sends artwork to Breitling SA home office in Switzerland to create an image of your watch choice with logo on the dial. This takes approximately 4 weeks
  3. Breitling USA e-mails logo image to squadron leader for approval.
  4. Squadron leader approves design and remits payment by one bank check for entire order made out to Breitling USA. Check is sent attention; Susan McDonald to Breitling USA, 206 Danbury Road, Wilton, CT 06897
  5. Breitling USA places watch order with Breitling SA
  6. Breitling USA delivers custom watches once they arrive from Breitling SA approximately 9 months after order date. Watches can be delivered all at once or as they are received in batches. Squadron leaders choice.

Wow, that sounds like great info! Just a couple of notes:

I contacted Breitling and their best best price of $2757 doesn't include tax. At 7%, tax would be $200 which puts you at about $3,000.

Breitling also ships the entire order to one person who then has to turn around and ship the watches around the world. AMJ will ship it right to your house. Going through Breitling will add $50-$75 for shipping which puts you right at the AMJ price of $3063.

Additionally, you can pay with a credit card to AMJ. Imagine herding the cats of the people who have "committed" to pay. It's hard enough to get people to pay their snacko bill, let alone a $3000 check.

Naturally prices increase over the years (and months). I'd rather get in now before they go up again (especially seeing how much you guys paid not so long ago).

I think the best part about going through AMJ is that you can pay via monthly payments throughout the 9ish months instead of the lump sum.

At the end of the day, we are getting better benefits for the same "ripped off" price Breitling is offering. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Bremont T-38 Watch is ready to ship...check your email for final payment instructions.

IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO ORDER.

If interested, shoot me a PM and I'll get you the info.

Once payment is received, it is shipped via FedEx and will be at your door in 1-3 days (what they said in payment confirmation email).

Cap-10

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net iOS App!