Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

Retention could tank even further.  I think it is a false assumption that those 30% were staying anyway.  The IDE, Staff, DO, SQ/CC, School, Staff hustle to stay Tier 1 and survive until 20 years becomes A LOT less appealing if you pay them $245,000 or more less...

Retention will tank further; every passing day proves it…I agree. I disagree about the 30%, they were at worst willing to stay. I also disagree it takes any of those thing listed to make it to 20 years.

That said, we’re in a bad way. Centralized Command, Decentralized Control, and the lower echelons of Command AND the highest levels of Control are both incentivized to just say yes, beyond reason.

It’s clear to those who can see it, at the highest and lowest levels.

It’s a great job (calling even) this AF pilot gig…it’s a horrible place to spend a career. Don’t ever think it’s the same for 20 years…be a pilot, serve your country, then choose for yourself if this is what you want. Most of us stay because we think others need help/protection. If no one cared about people, the take rate would round down to zero. IMO.

Don’t take the bonus unless you love/will love what you’re doing…to each their own.

~Bendy

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Scooter14 said:

Don’t tease me

Haha, I’m teasing myself.  I’m one of the guys who was getting out (hit submit on my apps Mar 15, Aug separation date).  I took the 3 year to see how things play out.  That would be my best case scenario.

That being said, I know better.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me a million times…

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With the fiscal year over, I was curious where the take rates ended up.  They were abysmal, as we all knew they would be.

Overall rated take rates for Initial Eligible folks was 42.5%, but that is artificially inflated primarily by higher take rates among CSOs and RPA pilots.

Fixed Wing Pilot initial take rate was 35.4%.

AFSC breakouts were as follows:

11B - 30%

11F - 29%

11M - 31%

11H - 56%

11S - 54%

Can't wait to see the spin if this gets any visibility in Congress.

3 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

With the fiscal year over, I was curious where the take rates ended up.  They were abysmal, as we all knew they would be.

Overall rated take rates for Initial Eligible folks was 42.5%, but that is artificially inflated primarily by higher take rates among CSOs and RPA pilots.

Fixed Wing Pilot initial take rate was 35.4%.

AFSC breakouts were as follows:

11B - 30%

11F - 29%

11M - 31%

11H - 56%

11S - 54%

Can't wait to see the spin if this gets any visibility in Congress.

Curious what was the 11H rotary-wing rate?