Jump to content

Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)


Toro

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, skosh said:

go with data...

$100k/yr (tax free) with 1 year min signing time for maintenance officers, finance specialists and CE.  $69k/yr for WSOs w/ 20 year minimum signing time taxed at 50%.  For any 11-X AFSCs, no bonus because the retention is fixed.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, MDDieselPilot said:

anyone bored and care to post it?

 

In the interest of keeping the rumor mill fully operational, this is what a dude in my squadron just sent me. 

156436513_1763483523822941_3153761992394019492_n.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t have a picture handy, but for real this time:

Tier 1 Initial 11F/B/S/M, CSAR FW & HC-130s

5-7 years: $25k/yr with $100k up front option

8-12 years: $35k/yr with $200k up front option

Tier 2 Initial CSAR RW

5-7 years: $15k/yr

8-12 years: $25k/yr

Tier 3 Initial 11U/18X

5-7 years: $25k/yr

8-12 years: $35k/yr

Edited by Standby
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gotta love that the guys that have the shortest commitment after winging and are the easiest/cheapest to replace end up with the best bonus option, while the Air Force shits on the RW guys.

An 18u looking to retire at 20 can take the 12 year bonus after their six year commitment.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This would've been the perfect opportunity for the AF to prove that people are its most valuable asset. Not only that, they could have doubled down and bridged the gap on retention until UPT output gets fixed by bumping the bonus. What's everyone's guess on how much higher the take rate would've been if they offered $50k/yr? A number which is actually cheap when compared to the cost of training another pilot; not to mention the most important aspect: A dude that has 8-12 years' worth of experience is literally irreplaceable for 8-12 years and has a non-linear impact because that person can train/mentor dozens of fellow squad members.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm as bearish as they come when it comes to finances, but even I acknowledge the airlines will resume dod-retention germane hiring in way less than five fiscal years. I'm not saying blue is pulling anything surprising by taking advantage of covid to cajole people into a de facto 20 year ADSC, but I think they overplayed their hand by telegraphing for posterity what we all privately knew: the DOD does NOT care about experience retention, get it through your thick Stockholm syndrome skulls already. Any rhetoric to the contrary from senior leadership is rank gaslighting at this point.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, hindsight2020 said:

I'm as bearish as they come when it comes to finances, but even I acknowledge the airlines will resume dod-retention germane hiring in way less than five fiscal years. I'm not saying blue is pulling anything surprising by taking advantage of covid to cajole people into a de facto 20 year ADSC, but I think they overplayed their hand by telegraphing for posterity what we all privately knew: the DOD does NOT care about experience retention, get it through your thick Stockholm syndrome skulls already. Any rhetoric to the contrary from senior leadership is rank gaslighting at this point.

Exhibit A:  I signed a 3 year bonus last year. I know stupid me. But I already have a line number with a major air line, so I got that going for me. 6,000+ hour, prior EP in the -17.  Requal’d at LTS, then did 2 local flights at CHS. And here I sit with ~80 hours since Altus, that was from April 2020 til now.  I’m now tagged to do a 6-month ground deployment supporting COVID vaccine distribution. How’s that not FWA?  3 CBTs later I’m a vaccine expert!  We need pilots!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Nodeskjobs said:

Exhibit A:  I signed a 3 year bonus last year. I know stupid me. But I already have a line number with a major air line, so I got that going for me. 6,000+ hour, prior EP in the -17.  Requal’d at LTS, then did 2 local flights at CHS. And here I sit with ~80 hours since Altus, that was from April 2020 til now.  I’m now tagged to do a 6-month ground deployment supporting COVID vaccine distribution. How’s that not FWA?  3 CBTs later I’m a vaccine expert!  We need pilots!

But we redesigned the PT uniform. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I haven't said it a minute, and now I have even more perspective after separating.  

DO NOT TAKE THE BONUS

AFRC and ANG have bonuses too, and they aren't underhanded or insulting.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Air Force does not value you as an individual...it is a numbers game and they just proved it.  In two years when they are screaming about retention point back to this ACP offering while telling them to suck an egg.

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This just circles back to the Wills, "win one for the gipper," FB post.  Not hard to spot when you're being given the "you're not going to like this" speech....seen it plenty of times now.  Dude would have gotten more respect if he'd have just said, sorry gents (can you still say that), you're not going to like the bonus, but we're stuck with what congress is giving us because they think the problem is fixed.  

 

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

The Air Force does not value you as an individual...it is a numbers game and they just proved it.  In two years when they are screaming about retention point back to this ACP offering while telling them to suck an egg.

 

Word!  Mongo just pawn in game of life! 

BTW, your post just made me think of the defensive egg post.  Talk about a flashback!

Edited by SocialD
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SocialD said:

Word!  Mong just pawn in game of life! 

BTW, your post just made me think of the defensive egg post.  Talk about a flashback!

It shall live forever!

post-3479-1217643971.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just coming on completing my 6yr 18X commitment. I'm AGR ANG. I'm thinking of signing 12 year 35k bonus because I plan on doing 20yr. Does 18X qualify for the 100k up front for 12 year? Would it be smarter to just sign 8 year? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just coming on completing my 6yr 18X commitment. I'm AGR ANG. I'm thinking of signing 12 year 35k bonus because I plan on doing 20yr. Does 18X qualify for the 100k up front for 12 year? Would it be smarter to just sign 8 year? 

Different bonus program for ANG than posted above


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just confirmed with AvB Program office- no bonus options for 11R’s due to manning.  The new fact sheets and documents are also on Mypers.  

Edited by UDEL09
Words
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UDEL09 said:

Just confirmed with AvB Program office- no bonus options for 11R’s due to manning.  The new fact sheets and documents are also on Mypers.  

No, the manning is terrible in 11R. I'm positive because I've asked 69 times to cross train and was told no due to manning. Also I asked to palace chase and was told no due to manning. There must be a mistake here?!?!! Or AFPC is just completely fucked. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...