Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

Their inability to get a bonus out before the 8th month of the FY, is a perfect metaphor for how things go in the AF. 

Nothing like spending a monumental amount of effort on TDYs that just get cancelled.  Not knowing if the money will be there for a TDY until the day prior to leaving (true story).  Even then, the money didn't flow, just told, "Trust us, it will be there."   Fuck it...let's roll!  

$50K isn't enough, not in today environment.  It will be a nice perk for those who were staying anyway.

• Upvote 1

Their inability to get a bonus out before the 8th month of the FY, is a perfect metaphor for how things go in the AF. 

Nothing like spending a monumental amount of effort on TDYs that just get cancelled.  Not knowing if the money will be there for a TDY until the day prior to leaving (true story).  Even then, the money didn't flow, just told, "Trust us, it will be there."    it...let's roll!  

$50K isn't enough, not in today environment.  It will be a nice perk for those who were staying anyway.

Shack

Everything the DoD does is a day late and a dollar short and then some.

The ART to AGR conversion in the Guard…5 years too late.

This bonus…5 years too late.

Takes forever to get vouchers through because the money doesn’t flow from AMC…even though they know that Coronet season happens every April and October.

Units run out of AFTP money, etc, etc, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, General Chang said:

$50K bonus will be out soon.  Everybody just chill and eat your chips and salsa quietly.

$50K will come out & people will sign like they always do.  Geesh.

Dude, I'm so glad you're back!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The AvB page was updated on Friday to say the following:

”The Go Live date for the Aviation Bonus program is currently delayed due to myFSS scheduled maintenance timelines and a pending program update from OSD.”

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2023 at 10:29 AM, Scooter14 said:

Units run out of AFTP money, etc, etc, etc.

My OG/CC gave a big speech about how important PME opportunities are for the Guard since for better or worse we get stuck at home base essentially forever with our mission. He went to SDE recently and had a blast. Cool cool, sounds good.

Like 6 months later I get selected for a 8-day PME course that’s drivable and pretty cheap as TDYs go (~$1,200 all-in), and my SQ/CC had to deny it because of lack of unit travel funds.
😐

9 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

My OG/CC gave a big speech about how important PME opportunities are for the Guard since for better or worse we get stuck at home base essentially forever with our mission. He went to SDE recently and had a blast. Cool cool, sounds good.

Like 6 months later I get selected for a 8-day PME course that’s drivable and pretty cheap as TDYs go (~$1,200 all-in), and my SQ/CC had to deny it because of lack of unit travel funds.
😐

Dude I'm sorry that happened. Sucks. But I think it says something about the value of PME if commanders aren't willing to prioritize funds for people to attend. If the AF doesn't think it holds value why should we? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

As of 3 May:

”The Go Live date for the AvB program is currently delayed due to a pending program update from HAF/A1.”

You can’t make this stuff up.  And I’d bet a lot of money the update is not in us aviator’s favor.

20 minutes ago, DuckHunter said:

As of 3 May:

”The Go Live date for the AvB program is currently delayed due to a pending program update from HAF/A1.”

You can’t make this stuff up.  And I’d bet a lot of money the update is not in us aviator’s favor.

Might they be challenging some people's bluffs? Like those who say they'll walk without AvB or maybe (smartly) testing the actual retention rate without AvB...I mean it's been a hot minute since DoD had the legal authority to issue it to members. Maybe they're seeing how many will proceed without it....but if policy is holding it up, why? It's self-defeating

2 hours ago, DuckHunter said:

As of 3 May:

HAF/A1 is also holding up the latest rated board for AFROTC cadets. 

• Like 1

More comedy from the talking craniums. “Before, the needs of the Air Force would shape your career. Now we have talent marketplace where they can go out and at least provide some more input, have a little more agency in there future assignments.” Just so APFC can disregard them because you just signed a bonus and they know you can’t leave

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/air-force-boost-pilot-retention/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Let this be a lesson to you young punks who still think they care about you.  This is what high level leadership thinks of you.  They don't care enough to roll out a bonus before the 9th month of the FY.  Make your decisions accordingly.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SocialD said:

Let this be a lesson to you young punks who still think they care about you.  This is what high level leadership thinks of you.  They don't care enough to roll out a bonus before the 9th month of the FY.  Make your decisions accordingly.  

The young punks who cared were still going to stay in regardless.

Insider baseball says it was held up above HAF level, aka, OSD, due to conflicts amongst DODI, FM instructions, and the new NDAA. I have no idea what the bonus will look like but I’ll be the first to admit I was bitching about HAF dragging their feet and it appears they are waiting like the rest of the us. 

All that said, who knows when it’ll actually be released. 

13 hours ago, artvandelay43201 said:

The young punks who cared were still going to stay in regardless.

Which is why the whole proposal for early takes is such a tragedy. Take rate statistics and survey trend data including “reasons given for turning down the bonus at 10+ years aviation commitment” should be mandatory at all bonus counseling sessions. A mandatory statement of “this is indentured servitude” is not very far from the truth.

People turn down the bonus because they don’t like what the Air Force is selling THEM. People take the bonus because THEIR with the Air Force is something they can live with. 

Kids at 7 years of aviation service just don’t have enough information to make an informed decision. They haven’t been sufficiently exposed to the Air Force Corporate structure to understand what opting into living it means.

7 hours ago, Bigred said:

Insider baseball says it was held up above HAF level, aka, OSD, due to conflicts amongst DODI, FM instructions, and the new NDAA. I have no idea what the bonus will look like but I’ll be the first to admit I was bitching about HAF dragging their feet and it appears they are waiting like the rest of the us. 

All that said, who knows when it’ll actually be released. 

Herein lies one of my biggest issues with the .gov/military as a whole.  Little to no room for interpretation of intent.  I became painfully aware of this as the DETCO of a recent activation.   You're not allowed to do what everyone fully understands and agrees is the obvious/right thing to do.  BUT because it's a one off situation, none of the FM/JAG/Senior leader weenies are willing to take even the smallest amount of risk, because it's "coloring between the lines."  It didn't specifically state we could do it, so we make life painful on everyone and do the most illogical COA.  

Also, my point still stands.  When I said "high level leadership," that extends to those above HAF.  

• Like 1