Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

2 hours ago, Swizzle said:

How...? BoP? Or the mathematics of inflation? 

Compare these two sources and stories and what they say, which are from the USAF:

https://m.facebook.com/AirForcePersonnelCenter/photos/a.399299226864/10155160716116865/?type=3

2017 - Volunteer! ...then a mere 3 or 4 years later...cannot provide what we promoted - terminate midstream!!

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/air-force-ending-program-for-career-airmen-to-apply-for-preferred-bases/

...ultimately, what makes this round of BoP promises, with AvB, different? And if the assignment isn't to a base with your MWS did you just volunteer not to fly?

This was my thought. What happens when everyone that takes the bonus early puts NAS Pensacola (perhaps with the hope to fly T-6s)? If the numbers are skewed, Big AF will change the rules and send those volunteers to Laughlin, et al. 

5 hours ago, brabus said:

I think it is from their perspective. They entice people to sign a year or two before the average person realizes AD sucks balls compared to the ARC, airlines, etc. (for many people, not all of course). Now as those people approach their 10 yr point and realize their mistake, it’ll be too late. Many of those people will probably just resign themselves to 20 years. It’s a good idea from the AD perspective. Hopefully those O-3s at 6-9 years of service don’t have low SA and fall for the trap.  

Nailed it. Hopefully those 6-9 year O-3s are also becoming aware that a longer time-scale and higher congressional authorizations provide a bit of leverage to the collective. Until Congress (draft) or the president (stop-loss) take action to make it free, nobody says lining up to risk your life needs to be cheap.

16 hours ago, Bigred said:

This was my thought. What happens when everyone that takes the bonus early puts NAS Pensacola (perhaps with the hope to fly T-6s)? If the numbers are skewed, Big AF will change the rules and send those volunteers to Laughlin, et al. 

A dramatic depiction of the Air Force in literally any deal/program/agreement they put out:

darth-vader-alter-the-deal.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Yep.  Half of FY23 already gone and it hasn't even been released yet. Big AF is clueless, but they never stop surprising me on just how clueless they are.

They’re probably trying to figure out which AFSCs they’ll offer the full 50k to, and which will be a reduced amount. I doubt they have enough budgeted to offer it across the board. Congress is a big part of the problem when they put the amount into law, but don’t provide enough $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/1/2023 at 12:11 PM, BeefBears said:

Why would they incentivize CC when there is already a line of officers eager to deep throat big blue by applying for wing exec, GOFO exec, and aide de camp jobs? Seems like the incentive is already there.  And most (not all) take the CC job for a shot at full bird which comes with a lot more pay than O4 to O5.

A lot of guys want to command and fly at the highest level of operational war fighting, which is arguably the squadron.

Edit: the other half of the thought: but no one in their right mind signs up for O-6 without a cultural change in the Air Force.

Edited by Majestik Møøse

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bad_timing said:

I don't see anywhere to sign it yet for AD FY 23.  Maybe I'm looking the wrong spot. Last update on the myFSS page is 21 March with no useful info on there.

You can't sign it on myFSS yet as the PSDM hasn't been released. According the AvB office the PSDM release will be mid to late April. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, McJay Pilot said:

Meanwhile, at AFSOC A1…IMG_1431.thumb.jpeg.da4d8f6f7afe368e25c1abfef5263cde.jpeg

Bro if you'd seen what came out of the 3rd floor this week you'd know this overly checks/truer words have never been spoken.

Edited by DirkDiggler
grammar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

Bro if you'd seen what came out of the 3rd floor this week you'd know this overly checks/truer words have never been spoken.

Im sure you can't say but is it any worse than, "let's bring everyone back and deploy all the tired, worn out FGOs to staff positions downrange?"

With only a few exceptions, all the sharp dudes in my neck of the woods got out recently and the douchers all went to aide de camp jobs... 

9 minutes ago, General Chang said:

$50K bonus will be out soon.  Everybody just chill and eat your chips and salsa quietly.

$50K will come out & people will sign like they always do.  Geesh.

I didn't sign the 25K bonus way back when.  Probably a dumb idea because I ended up going 20.  But more and more young people are thinking like I did back then.  They aren't really drawn to money, and when I was in I wasn't really drawn to some bullshit government cause that we should kick all the middle eastern peoples' asses because of oil.  Or whatever bullshit excuses they came up with that totally excused Saudi Arabia.  I dunno.  You A1s might have it right, but I wouldn't be surprised if this generation comes up with a middle finger.  They don't have the same patriotic fervor as we did. 

9 hours ago, General Chang said:

$50K bonus will be out soon.  Everybody just chill and eat your chips and salsa quietly.

$50K will come out & people will sign like they always do.  Geesh.

Yeah about 5 years late, this should have been what it needed to be in 16 when the wave started. Keep rolling it out later and later. Even with the new catch them earlier attempt it’s not going to slow the bleeding talent. 

18 hours ago, BeefBears said:

Im sure you can't say but is it any worse than, "let's bring everyone back and deploy all the tired, worn out FGOs to staff positions downrange?"

With only a few exceptions, all the sharp dudes in my neck of the woods got out recently and the douchers all went to aide de camp jobs... 

not trying to derail the thread but short answer is yes.

• Like 1