Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

8 hours ago, Homestar said:

Increased amount. Early take option. Additional ADSC for assignment of preference. More contract options. Gen Miller briefed it in a small group I was a part of a couple weeks ago. Those were the interesting parts I remember 

As someone who got ed the last time the AF offered early take, absolutely don’t ing do it.

May I please have “Fük” added to my list of words I can use?

Edited by McJay Pilot

2 hours ago, McJay Pilot said:

As someone who got ed the last time the AF offered early take, absolutely don’t ing do it.

May I please have “Fük” added to my list of words I can use?

For'ward the assist: Fuck that shite!!!

image.png.bad96359e9533ed75fc476fccbad73c2.png

On 3/1/2023 at 5:22 AM, General Chang said:

$50K is a lot of money, young peeps.  I recommend you sign early.

It’s nothing compared to the total loss of earnings they’ll experience if they delay getting out. Need at least $100k to be in the ballpark. Now for those who are going to stay in anyways, fuck yeah you should grab that money. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Duck said:

Any idea on what the ANG is going to do? Will it be similar and when do they typically release it?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

The ANG will offer the tiered approach, and is shooting for $50k/yr for one of the higher commitment periods (maybe 4+ years?) That is not approved yet to my knowledge. So checks in the mail. Probably will come out within the next 60 days. 

• Upvote 1

So just to recap: A1 looked at the numbers and said “the only way we have a chance of making an effective bonus at this price point is to trick them before they’re old/wise enough to have considered the implications of their decisions.”

A flat bonus is a blunt instrument and a small flat bonus is a small blunt instrument. If you’re coercively using small blunt instruments… well let’s just say that’s not operating in good faith.

I hope this saved a shitty labor economist from mowing lawns, but the reality is I doubt any were consulted. 

On 2/28/2023 at 11:22 PM, General Chang said:

$50K is a lot of money, young peeps.  I recommend you sign early.

Meh....this month, a certain air line is going to pay out nearly double that to any pilot that has been on the property for more than a 3 or 4 years....without ever having to have leave with your family cancelled, being forced to move every 3 years, or be scolded by somebody named Chief for leaning back on your chair in the chow hall because it's a "fire hazard...."  

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, WheelsOff said:

…In other news, Delta pilots just voted in their new TA and set a new standard for the rest of the industry.

image.gif.b13019467dce1ffd9f64d144897ca2ff.gif

And oh by the way… they’ve also got a CJO for you 2 years prior to your separation date… so, yeah. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jice said:

And oh by the way… they’ve also got a CJO for you 2 years prior to your separation date… so, yeah. 

And? What I mean is, by that metric, Walmart has a CJO for me 2 years from separation date too, and I don't even have to apply for that one. It's not the draw you think it is.

Now, let me sit day one of indoc on personal leave, grab that line number and come back in 2 years, now you got my attention.

Edited by hindsight2020
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jice said:

1 year from separation (validated) and 2 years from retirement. How they tell the difference…no clue.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, hindsight2020 said:

And? What I mean is, by that metric, Walmart has a CJO for me 2 years from separation date too, and I don't even have to apply for that one. It's not the draw you think it is.

Now, let me sit day one of indoc on personal leave, grab that line number and come back in 2 years, now you got my attention.

That’s true, and totally agree re: the second point. But a CJO is better than absolute uncertainty. “You’re not the weird guy nobody will hire” is probably enough for a lot of folks who haven’t seen their kids in 6 months. Having a (conditional) answer to the wife’s “when are we going to be done with this BS and start the airline life” might be worth dozens of thousands of future dollars… depending on the wife. 

• Upvote 1