Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

11 minutes ago, Guardian said:

I’m still hung up on his attitude is every officer should desire to run the Air Force and be the best pilot while taking less money and doing additional work. That’s a tough one.

da488e96-abb7-4c56-90ee-ba216676cb26_text.gif

Edited by QAZqaz

Funny, they let me separate without ever offering me a bonus.  As for the pilot vs officer first.  My ROTC commitment was 4 years.  My UPT commitment was 10 years.  So which one was keeping me on the hook for the last 2/3 of my career?  And they are offended that (many) pilots see themselves as a pilot first. For me, the commission was just a means to an end.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/25/2021 at 5:37 PM, di1630 said:

~1 month to go:

Fixed wing overall take rate: 32%

11F: 24%
11B: 31%
11M: 29%

Ouch

Do you know the break even point, back when Orville, Wilbur and myself were offered the bonus they needed 64% to break even.

On 9/1/2021 at 6:14 AM, Chuck17 said:

Get ready for this kinda take rate being used as justification to kill the bonus altogether… I give it one more FY, tops. 

Makes a perfect compliment to the $300+B in cuts coming to the Pentagon… 

Rough roads ahead. 

Chuck

Highly doubtful at this point.  Given the Russia/Ukraine situation and the potential for the house to flip I doubt we will see a substantial decrease int he Defense Budget.

9 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Do you know the break even point, back when Orville, Wilbur and myself were offered the bonus they needed 64% to break even.

The target is still 65% to maintain status quo manning. Big Air Force hasn't made that in years...probably approaching a decade now.

1 hour ago, Hunter Rose said:

The target is still 65% to maintain status quo manning. Big Air Force hasn't made that in years...probably approaching a decade now.

AF is being forced by circumstances to change their offering(s)/options, let's see the bureaucracy turn on a dime now with whatever options remain (ex. payment timing, contract length, amounts [under $35k that is]) and the flexibility/options AF grants to prospective 'takers'. Not much else they can get creative with...new buzzwords perhaps...

They haven't explored taker-directed payouts, aka taker decides where/to whom the $ goes

AF is being forced by circumstances to change their offering(s)/options, let's see the bureaucracy turn on a dime now with whatever options remain (ex. payment timing, contract length, amounts [under $35k that is]) and the flexibility/options AF grants to prospective 'takers'. Not much else they can get creative with...new buzzwords perhaps...
They haven't explored taker-directed payouts, aka taker decides where/to whom the $ goes

Why would the taker want to send the $ to anyone but themself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/9/2022 at 6:32 PM, Guardian said:

Bonus. “It’s essential”.

AD program. Capped at 35k per year by law (he claimed). O5 and below. Tiers. And required after pilot commitment complete.

2022 doesn’t have an appropriations bill yet or CR. So no bonus program yet.

The 35k cap is written into law, it was passed as part of title 37 section 334.

As to why the AF doesn’t have a program out yet, who knows. A quick Google shows that the Marines already have a program out and the Navy’s is about to be released. 

4 hours ago, Guardian said:

Guard part timer and or reservists part timers. Anyone still having issues getting flight pay?

It's still showing up via a secondary paycheck.  Nothing like getting 6-9 pay stubs every month.   Don't worry though...I was assured in 2018, that it would all be fixed when DFAS rolls out the new pay system in Jan of 2020...

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2022 at 9:14 PM, SocialD said:

It's still showing up via a secondary paycheck.  Nothing like getting 6-9 pay stubs every month.   Don't worry though...I was assured in 2018, that it would all be fixed when DFAS rolls out the new pay system in Jan of 2020...

SocialD, you should feel privileged. You are literally living the real life “checks in the mail” maxim. Your check has just been in the mail for 4+ years. 

• Haha 1

SocialD, you should feel privileged. You are literally living the real life “checks in the mail” maxim. Your check has just been in the mail for 4+ years. 

Maybe they’ll move from snail mail to IE11 soon like UTAPS and AROWS. Only the most advanced.

1 hour ago, mp5g said:

Right!  It was real fun last week explaining to the loan assumptions department why I had 6 paychecks one month and 1 the next month.  So now I just let my 105s stack up and sign them all at once on a monthly or bi-monthly basis.  Our CSS chick was like, must be nice to not need your paycheck lol. 

On 3/11/2022 at 11:56 AM, ClearedHot said:

Highly doubtful at this point.  Given the Russia/Ukraine situation and the potential for the house to flip I doubt we will see a substantial decrease in the Defense Budget.

Ha yeah no kidding - things changed in the six months since I made that comment, so, good point... I guess I had too much focus on the withdrawal from Afghanistan and the historical evidence of reduced defense budgets under democratic leadership... 

Chuck

Edited by Chuck17

Looks like the new bonus is out. 35k/year (even for 11Rs this time) with 3-12 year options. Lump sums starting at 5 years for initial eligibles.

CSOs/WSOs… it’s not awesome. 15/25/35k per year starting at 3/5/8.

Now, if we can just get folks to see past the “35k max is congress’s fault…” It’s bullsh1t. We ask Congress to write a law about every dollar we spend; failing to equip the force in front of congress and failing to build the force we need (pay for talent) are both the same failure. 

• Upvote 2