Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

11 hours ago, Breckey said:

So I read this that if the billet is an 11/12X position then you're good. I guess the AMS mail robots will get even more desperate.

Yes, I think that’s accurate.

The problem is with jobs that are 11/12 “desired”. Since they’re not “must”-fills with aviators your AvIP will stop no matter how many gates you’ve completed.

Anyone with or looking at staying 12+ should take note as this could affect them... especially anyone looking at going to non-joint Staff, anyone taking secondary AFSCs (like FAO/PAS) or someone switching to the new 13O careerfield. Read: pay cut for filling institutional requirements.

There are probably others it affects. In general, not a worry for most aviators, but cutting off AvIP for 10-20% of folks between 12-28 YAS will def save the AF some money. Go AF.

Edited by Klepto

Sooooo... Any rumors on this year's bonus or when it'll be released?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It’s not going to exceed 35k a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

You don’t know what you’re talking about.

First, Afghan aviation will not fall apart as soon as we leave. It’ll be super unsafe, but they will find a way.

Second, INs are no longer tasked for the deployment.

Third, the requirement is going from 6 x C130 guys to 3, and forecast to hit zero soon.  I know of no C130 non-vols.

Fourth, copy there is a green on blue threat and thank you for the history lesson.  However your characterization of the environment is misinformed despite the events of 7 years ago.

Finally, I know the anecdote of an ate-up active duty commander doing room inspections on some AGR mission hackers minding their own business is emotionally appealing.  But consider the possibility said AGR dudes were such disgusting slobs they attracted rodents by their poor hygiene.  I wasn’t there.  But I did see an AD commander on his hands and knees scrubbing piss stains off the floor of an AGR members room to clean it before another AGR guy occupied it the next morning.  Two sides to every story.

I don’t blame anyone who passes on an adviser gig, especially in the AGR.  I’d recommend against using your third hand years old info to argue facts with a guy currently doing the task in question.

God bless ya for doing what you're doing, but for clarification, you're arguing with a guy who is making the case it sucks.

Are you saying it's a good deal or are you just saying your facts for substantiating that it is a shit deal are better than his facts for substantiating its a shit deal?

Me thinks tac airlifter's blue kool aid has stained his forehead in phallic shape.  

And this assessment "First, Afghan aviation will not fall apart as soon as we leave. It’ll be super unsafe, but they will find a way." 

That entire country already is fallen apart soooo ya.

Edited by DirtyFlightSuit
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, DirtyFlightSuit said:

Me thinks tac airlifter's blue kool aid has stained his forehead in phallic shape. 

Oooooooooorrrrr... maybe he know what he’s talking about and is tired of the “sky is falling” self-fellating this board is famous for. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Homestar said:

Oooooooooorrrrr... maybe he know what he’s talking about and is tired of the “sky is falling” self-fellating this board is famous for. 

I do agree the sky is not falling, that all of us who have left and will continue to leave will usher no change in this Air Force.  I accept that now, even though it doesn't make me happy to.  The Air Force will chug on, it will find new bodies to fill its "slots" because either thankfully or not our nation so far has been blessed with those willing to step forward and take on that sacrifice.  

However; there is a cost for being so accepting of the sheer lunacy at the top.  Those thinking for an instance that our endeavors in Afghanistan or Iraq/Syria will have any real positive effect on this world are either lying to themselves or simpletons.  Or thinking that if we produce more pilots quicker with more VR and "innovation" that we will some how stem the flow of experience leaving the door, or that somehow that inexperience will reverse the trend of ever increasing fatal accidents is insane.  So no the sky isn't falling but our service has been lowered that much more as a result of this inability to accept these truths. 

More will die needlessly flying aircraft that are maintained by ever increasingly stressed out mx shops, inexperienced pilots, aircraft that are vastly beyond their shelf life, and more.  

So while I accept that reality, I refuse to defend those reinforcing it as defensible or correct. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

Regarding aviation pay...there is no change to the gate months. The addition allows fliers in those specific positions to continue aviation pay even if not gate complete.

Para 3.3.b covers the rest of us in OFDA creditable positions (flying positions / API coded).

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

That’s correct. There has been no change to AvIP since that change in 2016. Since then, aviators placed in non-flying gigs who are not assigned to one of the 4 positions above are no longer eligible for AvIP regardless of gate-months completed.

Heard this in the SQ the other day, too!  Looking forward to the LES in a few weeks when it takes effect...  Also, for the TECH's that are ADSC complete - and under 25 YAS - add the $18K AvB ART bonus that was approved in June.
YMMV, but the ART gig seems to be headed in a better direction for now, $$$. 

Completely depends on the unit and state though. They aren’t applying those things for tech’s universally.
  • Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:09 AM, Homestar said:

I have one of my squadrons that flies 99.9% of their sorties AFG unilateral and the others are just as capable, we partner as needed but usually for dynamic mission sets not safety related. Green on blue is always a concern but that doesn't mean people are walking around jocked up all the time (mostly). 

As stated, it's better to have the facts from people in the know instead or running around screaming fire.

Cooter

P.S. I've got FW/RW positions open if anyone is interested!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Cooter said:

I have one of my squadrons that flies 99.9% of their sorties AFG unilateral and the others are just as capable, we partner as needed but usually for dynamic mission sets not safety related. Green on blue is always a concern but that doesn't mean people are walking around jocked up all the time (mostly). 

As stated, it's better to have the facts from people in the know instead or running around screaming fire.

Cooter

P.S. I've got FW/RW positions open if anyone is interested!

I'm in a Guard unit that my be tagged for an AFG air advisor tasking in 2019. I'm having a hard time understanding your post because I don't know what positions your speaking from or about. I may be wrong, but your post and Homestar's post seem to be defending the assignment.

Are you saying it's a good deal for a guard guy, or bad, but not that bad...?

2 minutes ago, Homestar said:

I did the job as a non-vol 2012-2013. I’m not going to defend it. 

My point is that the threat of a 365 right now is way overblown by fear mongers here. 

That's a vague accusation. Either the threat exists or it doesn't. You acknowledge that it exists, you're just disputing your interpretation of an unspecified individual's statement of how great the threat is. Hardly qualifies an argument that the whole board is sucking it's own c^&*,

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, torqued said:

I'm in a Guard unit that my be tagged for an AFG air advisor tasking in 2019. I'm having a hard time understanding your post because I don't know what positions your speaking from or about. I may be wrong, but your post and Homestar's post seem to be defending the assignment.

It’s not about “defending the assignment.”  It’s about not spreading incorrect second hand information on a platform many folks use as a primary tool to gather information. 

Whether advising is a good deal or bad deal depends on you.  Mine is a good deal for me personally, but I’m not a 130 guy.

if you have specific questions I’m happy to talk over PM.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Tucson sounds like they have shit well dialed in, and I know a few other units do as well.  But, word to the wise, this is one end of the spectrum and there are other units (reserve and ANG) who have terrible technician deals.  The problem usually lies with the wing and/or HRO, not OG and down.  So do your research at prospective units before you dive blindly in, some are not good deals (but may still be the right short term decision to get your family where you want them).

Edited by brabus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My point is that the threat of a 365 right now is way overblown by fear mongers here. 

When someone in my squadron with a STRD one year prior to mine had to 3 day opt a 365, the threat became very real. That’s why I won’t accept any kind of ADSC and will be jumping ship at the first opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, torqued said:

Like Tac said, not defending just presenting the facts.  It's a war, there's some risk, there's risk getting out of bed in the morning. If you are interested in FW/RW partnered advisor positions you can PM me as well with a .mil.

Cooter

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Homestar said:

Ah yes, the syndrome of “I had to so you should/don’t care if you have to”

Lines again blurred between this thread and “What’s wrong with the AF”

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, IDALPHA said:

Ah yes, the syndrome of “I had to so you should/don’t care if you have to”

Lines again blurred between this thread and “What’s wrong with the AF”

That's not what he said at all.  He said there are far fewer 365s and far fewer people at risk for them as a result.  Not that everyone should do a 365.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Cooter said:

Like Tac said, not defending just presenting the facts.  It's a war, there's some risk, there's risk getting out of bed in the morning. If you are interested in FW/RW partnered advisor positions you can PM me as well with a .mil.

Cooter

I understand the necessity to correct the misconceptions, it's just that the corrections don't change the result. That result being: This is not something a Guard guy should feel compelled to accept.