Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

JPIG, if you know a lot of 12Rs that you trust you could all agree to not take the bonus early. Doing so may even cause the AF to raise the bonus for your career field. Knowledge is power. 

13 hours ago, Lifer said:

JPIG, if you know a lot of 12Rs that you trust you could all agree to not take the bonus early. Doing so may even cause the AF to raise the bonus for your career field. Knowledge is power. 

I admire your faith in big AF’s ability to take action when confronted with a retention problem

Edited by Runr6730
  • Haha 1

Bonus proration question.  I took the 3 year/25k AGR bonus in 2015.  At the time my orders ended in Jan 2018, 4 months shy of 3 years.  In 2017 my orders were extended 2 more years to 2020. My last payment was prorated to Jan 18, even though I served the 3 year commitment.  Currently have a myPers “incident report” in per my local finance to get the full payment and I’m sure they’ll get on a one sentence reply any month now.  Anyone else delt with something like this?

12 hours ago, Larry Sellers said:

Bonus proration question.  I took the 3 year/25k AGR bonus in 2015.  At the time my orders ended in Jan 2018, 4 months shy of 3 years.  In 2017 my orders were extended 2 more years to 2020. My last payment was prorated to Jan 18, even though I served the 3 year commitment.  Currently have a myPers “incident report” in per my local finance to get the full payment and I’m sure they’ll get on a one sentence reply any month now.  Anyone else delt with something like this?

Nope, but I’ve seen it be an issue.  At our unit, the AGR orders are changed when you sign the bonus to run concurrently so this is not an issue.

On 4/26/2018 at 5:24 PM, Homestar said:

That’s because we have people getting up in front of the Chief and SECAF and saying it’s not about the money. 

It is about the money. It’s also about other stuff. But it is 100% about the money. And that’s ok. 

Totally agree! The money is the ONLY thing you can count on, everything else is built on hope. I hope the AF gets turned around but unfortunately there is risk it will not get get better. 

1 hour ago, sling-it-17 said:

They want to wait and see what the 5k bump does....

Kind of need to release the PDSM and ctually offer a bonus first to see what the 5K bump does. 

I wonder how long HAF will sit on this. Hopefully we see it offered sometime in June. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2018 at 4:23 AM, FourFans130 said:

Cuz I haven't seen it said recently here:

Don't take the bonus.  The USAF cannot be trusted.

But but but integrity something something service...  put that on your f’ing quad chart Air Force, I’m out...

Edited by Snooter

On 5/17/2018 at 11:05 AM, Barrelroll9 said:

Supposedly the ANG FY18 AvB completed its routing for signatures about a month ago. Does anyone know of its status?

See attached. Buddy of mine texted the pictures to me since I'm off the AFNET. 

Page 1.jpg

Page 2.jpg

Page 3.jpg

Just got an email. Is the option to renegotiate new? I took it in 2014 til 20 yas. 3 yrs left + I gotta sign on for 3 addt’l = $140k net....

Is it wrong I didn’t consider it for a moment?

No it isn’t wrong. But I read that as well but didn’t see it in the actual PDSM.

So, I’m tracking the initial 25% tax.  But, with regard to these lump sum options, does the remaining cash count against you as income during tax season?  Concern would be with getting pushed to higher tax brackets.

18 minutes ago, neontico said:

does the remaining cash count against you as income during tax season?

Yep.  But our tax is progressive, so not every dollar is taxed at the higher rate.  

Surprised at how many people don’t understand this. 

More importantly, Social Security stops after ~130k in income. Based on my rough math, with the lump sum I may be paying an extra 2% in federal taxes on 35k of my income, but saving 6% on 70k of it.