Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

If anyone gets their virtual hands on a copy of the message, please PM me and I'll provide my .mil address.

I have a feeing this will be faster than waiting for my CSS to hunt down the message.

Cheers,

Cap-10

Im guessing the AF tried to get a higher pay rate, but somehow had a hard time justifying it when they just paid a bunch of pilots to involuntarily separate. I'm not on the inside of that staffing process (nor do I want to be) but i imagine it was difficult to explain. And so, we have more of the same.

I can't imagine the take rate being any higher than previous rates, but I do think it will still be close to whatever the Air Force considers 'normal' overall...doesn't matter what the rate is, the AF will say it is 'normal' or 'what was expected' in the next Air Force Times. Unless the verbiage changed from when I signed mine, the AF did get an extra 9 months out of some guys since your ADSC clock starts when you take the bonus...so those eligible last October whose clocks should have started last October will now start their commitments in July. Nicely played Big Blue!

Sorry dudes, I was really hoping big blue would come through for you newly eligible guys. I'm not eligible, and even I'm disappointed...

If anyone gets their virtual hands on a copy of the message, please PM me and I'll provide my .mil address.

I have a feeing this will be faster than waiting for my CSS to hunt down the message.

Cheers,

Cap-10

It's not available on AFPC. Are we sure he's not looking at a different document (AFRC/ANG only)?

No kidding. I think it was just to let some of the fiscal tempers settle down before they post it on af.mil. Just a tactic to make it sound like pilots aren't getting bonuses in a time of austerity. The name change is part of that as well. On another note, no increase or change to the plan is not going to improve retention. The same death spiral will still exist. Should be interesting.

Well, maybe we can RIF fewer people in the next round, so we can save money by not hiring them back with huge bonuses a year later.

Im guessing the AF tried to get a higher pay rate, but somehow had a hard time justifying it when they just paid a bunch of pilots to involuntarily separate. I'm not on the inside of that staffing process (nor do I want to be) but i imagine it was difficult to explain. And so, we have more of the same.

I think you're probably correct. At the end of the day, it's hard to justify being a retard if you don't have the appropriate paperwork. And, for whatever reason, the Air Force refuses to get the appropriate paperwork.

I'm still holding out hope for a bigger bonus for AD... Three main reasons: the Navy put out their version in Feb an it had a few changes to it, so there's no reason the AF couldn't have done the same if it was carbon copy from last year.

Secondly, last year's take rate among fighters and RPAs was lower than FY11 even with 50% up front.

Lastly, most everyone I know in RPAs that is bonus eligible has already jumped ship and guys behind us are Palace Chasing like it's going out of style. The numbers will only be more dismal than last year especially since it's only 6-9 weeks til the end of the FY. So...the AF is seeing all of this too, right? Right??

I'm still holding out hope for a bigger bonus for AD... Three main reasons: the Navy put out their version in Feb an it had a few changes to it, so there's no reason the AF couldn't have done the same if it was carbon copy from last year.

Secondly, last year's take rate among fighters and RPAs was lower than FY11 even with 50% up front.

Lastly, most everyone I know in RPAs that is bonus eligible has already jumped ship and guys behind us are Palace Chasing like it's going out of style. The numbers will only be more dismal than last year especially since it's only 6-9 weeks til the end of the FY. So...the AF is seeing all of this too, right? Right??

Still have plenty of guys to non-vol into RPAs. I'm sure they think it's fine.

Bob at the ACP office actually answered the phone today. He said it will be released at 0800 Tuesday, I'm assuming East Coast time. He wouldn't give me any hints. I told him the bro network was saying $750k and a stripper in every cockpit, but no reaction*. For what it's worth. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

*i may or may not have actually said that

• Upvote 1

If anyone gets this info tomorrow really at 0800 can you please post it on here. I have a feeling that the red tape is going to hold up mass information from being sent to all people interested stifled by chain of command and out-of-office replies.

Still holding out hope that the delay was for the 7 @35K rumor but expecting it was because of piss-poor standard shoeclerk execution. Hope I eat my words

I can see some of the 2013 ARP items...but nothing actually mentions a dollar amount for pilots. I'm sure it is 25K per year as the eligibility for 50% up front and 5 year commitment looks identical to last year's. Didn't see a PDSM for 2013.

I can see some of the 2013 ARP items...but nothing actually mentions a dollar amount for pilots. I'm sure it is 25K per year as the eligibility for 50% up front and 5 year commitment looks identical to last year's. Didn't see a PDSM for 2013.

Release is tomorrow. I provided the links for people to find the information themselves as soon as it goes on the web.

damn, it is different. just saw it. interesting.....Anybody know when the clock starts for Years of Aviation Service (YAS)? i.e. pilot training graduation or upt start date?

I found this after a search. I would assume pilot training start date...but not sure.

YAS: Service computed beginning with the effective date of the initial order to perform aviation service. It may be adjusted for breaks in

military service and/or periods of non-permanent disqualification, as defined by the Secretary of the Military Department concerned

Edited by epsilon

I am 11F and know we may be hurting a little more now, but it is crazy for them to not offer the same to heavies. That community will be totally broken as a result of aviation hiring soon enough.

I am 11F and know we may be hurting a little more now, but it is crazy for them to not offer the same to heavies. That community will be totally broken as a result of aviation hiring soon enough.

Yep.