Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

I am not sure I am understanding "have not reached 12 years 364 days TAFMS as of 30 September 2012". I don't think I will be eligible this year because my ADSC is 02 October 13. And next year I will have exceeded 12 years 364 days as of 30 September 2014. So either I am interpreting that wrong, or I somehow ended up on a timeline where I will never be eligible for the ACP, assuming they do not change the verbiage.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the $35k for 7 yrs rumor is true...seems like an OG at KRND might indeed leak that to his fence-sitters. Plus it happened just before it was signed Friday and he's collocated with his bros at AFPC...this could get very interesting.

7 years at 35k a year might be a game changer. That "devil money" as someone else on here called it might be compelling.

I am not sure I am understanding "have not reached 12 years 364 days TAFMS as of 30 September 2012". I don't think I will be eligible this year because my ADSC is 02 October 13. And next year I will have exceeded 12 years 364 days as of 30 September 2014. So either I am interpreting that wrong, or I somehow ended up on a timeline where I will never be eligible for the ACP, assuming they do not change the verbiage.

You will fall under the FY14 ACP (or whatever they decide to call it).

Based upon your dates, you will not be eligible for the uncommitted bonus (3,4, or 5 years at $15k). The only bonus you will be eligible for is the initial bonus (5 years at $25k).

Disclaimer: This is assuming they don't change any of the criteria.

Edit: When we had the 8 year UPT commitment, the uncommitted bonus seemed more feasible as guys could not take the initial and delay a year or two to take the uncommitted bonus. As we get to where those groups are not eligible for the uncommitted, it would seem like that criteria may have to change if they plan on keeping it around. With the 10 year, most people are not going to be eligible for the uncommitted bonus, so why keep it around?

Edited by Fifty-six & Two
  • Upvote 1

The 2013 ARP (ACP) was released from JFHQ today. I just got an email from our OG with the memo and policy letter. Ping your leadership for info beotches.

In other news, I'm just glad that I don't have to check this blog every other day and be subjected to Butter's bullshit rhetoric.

The 2013 ARP (ACP) was released from JFHQ today. I just got an email from our OG with the memo and policy letter. Ping your leadership for info beotches.

In other news, I'm just glad that I don't have to check this blog every other day and be subjected to Butter's bullshit rhetoric.

And??

And??

Sorry, wanted to read the policy before I posted further just to ensure that I didn't pass any misinformation. Same as last year: 25K for 5 years active duty, 25K for 4 AGR. No 35K for 7 option but it looks like the 50% up front is still available for AD. For any folks who were casual or getting their master's degree immediately after college etc. check the verbage on the follow-on 2 year (15K) bonus for AGR. The 2 year follow-on cannot take you past 18yrs total time of service.

I'm just glad that it has been released and the bros can start getting paid.

Sorry, wanted to read the policy before I posted further just to ensure that I didn't pass any misinformation. Same as last year: 25K for 5 years active duty, 25K for 4 AGR. No 35K for 7 option but it looks like the 50% up front is still available for AD. For any folks who were casual or getting their master's degree immediately after college etc. check the verbage on the follow-on 2 year (15K) bonus for AGR. The 2 year follow-on cannot take you past 18yrs total time of service. I'm just glad that it has been released and the bros can start getting paid.

One more thing to note: AD guys QC your policy letter clearly. The version that I am reading is tailored for ANG pilots. Just FYI.

Cheers,

BONIS

I would not call my rhetoric bullshit! My rhetoric is cheeky and fun. You leaving everyone hanging was crule and tragic.

{this space reserved for future bullshit rhetoric when I have more time}

Thanks for posting, Bonis.

You've seriously got to be kidding me - all of that extra time to release this thing and it's exactly the same. Our government is so dysfunctional.

Thanks for posting, Bonis.

You've seriously got to be kidding me - all of that extra time to release this thing and it's exactly the same. Our government is so dysfunctional.

No kidding. I think it was just to let some of the fiscal tempers settle down before they post it on af.mil. Just a tactic to make it sound like pilots aren't getting bonuses in a time of austerity. The name change is part of that as well. On another note, no increase or change to the plan is not going to improve retention. The same death spiral will still exist. Should be interesting.

Good Lord, after all that this is the best the AF can do? I guess in the end I'm not actually that surprised. I do think, however, that the AF lost at least a few good dudes who were sitting on the fence waiting.

You said it exactly, in the end I'm not all that surprised. Depressing