Aviation Continuation Pay (ACP - The Bonus)

Toro

5 hours ago, gearpig said:

Realize the fundamental error of regarding such functional notions with hatred is not quite equivalent to an important distinction in vocabulary use. A consequence of the approach you seem to be taking is that any associated supporting elements for your distaste are likely different from any abstract underlying order. In the discussion of presumptive confabulations, an important property of such with respect to the ultimate standard is the the accuracy of any proposed grammar. Comparing the earlier examples with their parasitic gap counterparts, we see that the speaker-hearer's linguistic intuition suffices to account for the strong generative capacity of your emotion. Note that the appearance of parasitic gaps in domains relatively inaccessible to ordinary extraction is, apparently, determined by nondistinctness in the sense of distinctive feature theory.

Schofield's Quote...

• Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 3:51 PM, gearpig said:

Realize the fundamental error of regarding such functional notions with hatred is not quite equivalent to an important distinction in vocabulary use. A consequence of the approach you seem to be taking is that any associated supporting elements for your distaste are likely different from any abstract underlying order. In the discussion of presumptive confabulations, an important property of such with respect to the ultimate standard is the the accuracy of any proposed grammar. Comparing the earlier examples with their parasitic gap counterparts, we see that the speaker-hearer's linguistic intuition suffices to account for the strong generative capacity of your emotion. Note that the appearance of parasitic gaps in domains relatively inaccessible to ordinary extraction is, apparently, determined by nondistinctness in the sense of distinctive feature theory.

some of these words.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 12/8/2016 at 0:51 PM, gearpig said:

In summary,

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, ihtfp06 said:

Yes, but the CSAF implied the ARP program is still going to be targeted by airframe. I wouldn't be shocked to see only the 11Fs and 11Us see any increase.

I wonder how long that will be sustainable.  11B and 12B are all undermanned across the board as well, and we've been sucking up the bulk of the 11F-coded deployments that don't involve flying aircraft.  The rumor mill also says that AETC will be taking something like 70 11Bs for UPT because there are no fighter guys left.  Across 5 bomber bases, that's 14 pilots per base.  I can't imagine how we would get along losing 14 people to UPT in addition to the 365s we've been tasked to support.

Edited by pawnman

17 hours ago, pawnman said:

I wonder how long that will be sustainable.  11B and 12B are all undermanned across the board as well, and we've been sucking up the bulk of the 11F-coded deployments that don't involve flying aircraft.  The rumor mill also says that AETC will be taking something like 70 11Bs for UPT because there are no fighter guys left.  Across 5 bomber bases, that's 14 pilots per base.  I can't imagine how we would get along losing 14 people to UPT in addition to the 365s we've been tasked to support.

We have a plan to backfill the bomber community with additional UPT grads to make up for any shortfall you may see over the next few years due to staff demands.  It will be better for your communities as well, since new pilots have more longevity.  All-around win-win.  

Hopefully the fighter and RPA guys get excited about the first bonus raise in a generation.  Definitely a sweet pot of money on that rainbow: $35K/yr for 9 years!  I am pleased that the issue of "raising the bonus" finally worked out.  We had a lot of personnelists spend many hours to make sure our pilots are paid the correct amount via the bonus.  Very exciting that it finally happened.  Pilots, wherever you are at, please thank a personnelist.  That small gesture will make a world of difference.

Merry Christmas, all.

• Downvote 17

2 hours ago, General Chang said:

Pilots, wherever you are at, please thank a personnelist.  That small gesture will make a world of difference.

Are these the same personnelists who were (1) key enablers in creating the pilot shortage mess in the first place, and (2) still can't even be bothered to post the End FY2016 Rated Retention Report--a doc that should take about 69 minutes to write, but we're almost 3 months into the new FY?

I know a number of personnelists who do great work, and I love 'em for it, but the current and near-term future pilot manning shortages within the AF represent a failure by personnelists (specifically rated managers) and the senior AF leaders who listened to them.

TT

• Upvote 2

We have a plan to backfill the bomber community with additional UPT grads to make up for any shortfall you may see over the next few years due to staff demands.  It will be better for your communities as well, since new pilots have more longevity.  All-around win-win.  

And what's the plan to magic up all the instructors who will need to train these dudes?

It should go without saying, but to replace a pilot with X years experience, it takes X years. Trading combat experienced IPs for UPT grads is a shit deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums
  • Upvote 2

Hopefully the fighter and RPA guys get excited about the first bonus raise in a generation.

What's your definition of "a generation"?

I've seen the increase to $25k and now $35k and all of that in my career.

Let's not try to make this sound like you just singlehandedly won the war.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

We had a lot of personnelists spend many hours to make sure our pilots are paid the correct amount via the bonus.  Very exciting that it finally happened.  Pilots, wherever you are at, please thank a personnelist.  That small gesture will make a world of difference.

Thanks for the shit show. Now watch it continue when targeted $35k bonuses fail miserably.
  • Upvote 5

7 hours ago, General Chang said:

Hopefully the fighter and RPA guys get excited about the first bonus raise in a generation.  Definitely a sweet pot of money on that rainbow: $35K/yr for 9 years!  I am pleased that the issue of "raising the bonus" finally worked out.  We had a lot of personnelists spend many hours to make sure our pilots are paid the correct amount via the bonus.  Very exciting that it finally happened.  Pilots, wherever you are at, please thank a personnelist.  That small gesture will make a world of difference.

Merry Christmas, all.

Ugh.  Just go away.

9 hours ago, General Chang said:

We had a lot of personnelists spend many hours to make sure our pilots are paid the correct amount via the bonus.  Very exciting that it finally happened.  Pilots, wherever you are at, please thank a personnelist.  That small gesture will make a world of difference.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 4

I actually should thank a personnelist. Their incompetence was a contributing factor in my decision to separate, and boy is life better on the outside!

Next GC is going to be suggesting we thank a personnelist when we get to start collecting an extra $500 a month in stop-loss pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, General Chang said:

We have a plan to backfill the bomber community with additional UPT grads ...All-around win-win.  

Until all the bomber squadrons start reporting red on SORTS and DRRS because their inexperience levels skyrocket and AC/IP numbers plummet...

Sounds like a win-lose; win on an excel spreadsheet, lose actual combat capability.  I'll go thank a personnelist for that. 

Pile-on question: where are all these UPT grads going to bombers coming from?  According to the assignment night thread, almost every -38 stud is going to a fighter. You gonna take em from T-1s?  So the shortage moves to the AMC world (more than it already exists)?  this is a serious question. 

Edited by Motofalcon
Add'l question

1 hour ago, Motofalcon said:

Until all the bomber squadrons start reporting red on SORTS and DRRS because their inexperience levels skyrocket and AC/IP numbers plummet...

Sounds like a win-lose; win on an excel spreadsheet, lose actual combat capability.  I'll go thank a personnelist for that. 

Pile-on question: where are all these UPT grads going to bombers coming from?  According to the assignment night thread, almost every -38 stud is going to a fighter. You gonna take em from T-1s?  So the shortage moves to the AMC world (more than it already exists)?  this is a serious question. 

Don't forget the SOF pilots and that the CV-22 community is trying to claim T-38 guys