Roof Stomp

Guest cb03t

Any of the older guys have some good ideas for how to conduct a good ole fashion roof stomp? Any advice, or input would be appreciated, thanks.

Guest masekrs

Not an old guy but I've done a roof stomp recently. 5 of us parked up the street and snuck around to the side of his house. Bringing a ladder would be a good idea; we didn't have one and made more noise that we otherwise would have just trying to get onto the roof. Also, scuffed the siding on his house with our shoes. He and his wife knew we were coming and had prepared water balloons and had bought some Beast Lite for us. Good times were had. Nothing extraordinary about it, but a good time none the less. Just my experience. I'm sure the old heads have got more creative roof stomps.

Steve

SECRET NO SNAP (S/NS)

AFTTP 3-1.69, 7 February 2006 1-1

CHAPTER 1

(U) INTRODUCTION

1.1 (S/NS) PURPOSE. This volume contains specifics about Roof-Stomp (RS) capabilities and limitations, specific RS mission planning responsibilities, and tactics for accomplishing the RS mission. (See the RS capabilities and Limitations video). This volume concentrates on the roles of the flight lead and wingmen in planning and executing specific RS missions and discusses tested tactics that can be employed. Chapter 4, “Surface to Roof Mission Planning,” goes to the heart of the issue: the role of the flight lead in developing appropriate tactics that can be applied during various phases of the mission. Chapter 5, “RS Interdiction”; Chapter 7, “Suppression of Roof Defenses”; Chapter 8, “Close Roof Operations”; Chapter 9, “Night Roof Operations”; Chapter 10, “ Combat Search and Roof Operations; and Chapter 12, “Specialized Surface to Roof Operations” contain specific examples of how to apply those tactical options to particular RS missions. It is assumed the users of this volume are familiar with AFTTP 3-1.2. General Planning and Employment Considerations; and AFTTP3-3.69 Roof Stomp Reference Guide and Countertactics ; and AFTTP 3-3.3 Combat Roof Stomp Fundamentals .

1.2 (S/NS) Tactics Usage and Feedback. The tactics presented in this volume are effective ways to employ the RS but are not the “only way” to perform the mission. Rather, this volume is a discussion of tested, successful, and approved tactics and serves as a base line from which new tactics can be developed to improve RS employment. New ideas are encouraged and may be investigated at the unit level. The tactics improvement proposal (TIP) and unit level tactics review board (TRB) are methods for forwarding lessons learned to MAJCOM for review and inclusion in AFTTP3-1.69, Tactical Employment-Roof Stomp

1.3 (S/NS) General. The RS is a tactical level asset highly flexible in day and night force application roles. The Primary RS mission, Close Roof Support (CRS), is performed with a variety of alcohol laced, inebriation inducing, low cost can or bottle dispensed munitions. All of these operations are conducted in low roof environments, day or night.

1.4 (S/NS) Close Roof Operations. CRO is an action against friendly forces to encourage moral and camaraderie within an organization in close proximity to friendly forces which require detailed integration of each mission with the fire and movement forces.

1.5 (S/NS) Combat Search and Roof Operations. CSRO are employed to effectively recover distressed personnel during RS operations. CSRO are essential to ensuring safe employment of RS operations.

Guest lovelacm

CH,

That's gotta be the funniest parody of the AFTTP series I've seen to date!

Much Grass for the chuckles, snickers, and laughs.

Cheers!

Linda

Originally posted by collarup:

what job do you have that gives you the time to come up with that?

I work on the Airstaff in Long Range Plans, so I have plnety of time for this stuff...

Actually I have to come up with this stuff almost on a daily basis, usually on very short notice, ...Did you happen to read QDR?

[ 07. February 2006, 16:32: Message edited by: Clearedhot ]

Guest KoolKat

I guess so!

I'm goin' to go out on a limb and say it's when dudes and dudettes climb up on a roof and ...ummm...I don't know, lost my train of thought.

Oh yeah, stomp maybe?

AM I CLOSE?

BENDY

Guest Hydro130

Well done Chuck!

Yikes, I feel like the welcome wagon on this post.

"Laughter does a body good"!

Cheers, Hydro

Originally posted by cb03t:

Any of the older guys have some good ideas for how to conduct a good ole fashion roof stomp? Any advice, or input would be appreciated, thanks.

Step 1: Get on Roof

Step 2: Stomp

Step 3: Go into House

Step 4: Drink Booze, Eat Food, Be loud, wake up kids

Step 5: Leave.

Hoser

Very similar to a college pasttime we had called Dean Martin...where you started drinking at someone's apartment, then you figure out who would be studying at that time and go over to their apartment and start drinking. Once they've started drinking, you then go to someone else's apartment, and before you know it, you've got a Dean Martin party going!

Dean Martin knew how to throw a party!

girlsa.JPG

Cheers! M2

Thanks for the replies, one question, what's the "protocol" on notifying the wife? No, yes, just show up and stomp on the roof and hope they're cooperative?

Originally posted by cb03t:

what's the "protocol" on notifying the wife? No, yes, just show up and stomp on the roof and hope they're cooperative?

If you want to do it in the true fasion of a roof stomp, you'll just show up. However, depending on the wife a call may sometimes be warranted - NOT to warn her, but to let her prepare. A smart wife (mine included) would make sure that there's beer in the fridge and maybe even chuck a frozen pizza or two in the oven.

In my B-Course we roof stomped our SQ/CC, SQ/DO, and class manager. The first one was the SQ/CC and of course we were a little nervous on the protocol, so we called his wife to make sure they'd be there, etc. Not only did she welcome us -- and promise not to tell him -- she went to the store to get several cases of beer and had a huge sandwich catered from Subway. She hid everything in the garage until we got there - he had no idea we were coming (sts) until we got there.

Guest homewith4

As a wife, I am very OK with a no notice stomp. In fact, it's fun for me too. But, I do know ladies who would not be happy about it, so I'd recommend a courtesy call to let her know you'll be there. It also helps to make sure they'll be home. We are always stocked with beer and snacks, but it is great if you bring along some chips/salsa or other snacks to munch on.

Guest GIMMIE9

what do you think about roof stomping your UPT FLT CCs house if you have only met him once? thought it might be a good way for the class say hi. He seems laid back and is single, so I dont think we will wake any kids or piss off a wife. Is that to bold for UPT? I could see this possibly blowing up in my face. Any word from the wise?

Originally posted by GIMMIE9:

what do you think about roof stomping your UPT FLT CCs house if you have only met him once? thought it might be a good way for the class say hi. He seems laid back and is single, so I dont think we will wake any kids or piss off a wife. Is that to bold for UPT? I could see this possibly blowing up in my face. Any word from the wise?

Well, your class could down as the first one ever to try it! That should probably tell you something.

My class had good luck with roof stomping after track select. We drank in the flight room until 2am, stashed all of the empties in the IP's room, then headed to the Flt/CC's house to attempt to steal his car (a very elaborate plan involving pushing it into the road then loading it on a car trailer. We got it into the road, but then the front tires locked (steering wheel lock) and we could push it straight up the trailer. So, we proceeded to Plan B which was roof stomping. After we finished his beer, Jack, and SoCo he threatened us with cheap tequila so we left....and went to our original Flt/CCs house (he left for T-6 training midway thru). By that time it was 0430...he and his wife were good sports about it and we had a good time drinking 'til sunrise.

Guest GIMMIE9

I would love to do it, but I am a little afraid of all the AETC bull crap getting in the way. I found out he was a Buff driver…..if that holds any water. Its going to take some serious persuading to get some of the other guys in on it. I might have to get them all drunk and then present the idea…hmmm…or maybe I should just go on my way and get the frick out of UPT with out hanging my self.

P.S. Bergman, I was there when Gianetti (how ever you spell it) “took the hill”

We roof stomped about a dozen and a half times during UPT from unsuspecting civilians (That is an interesting apology) to Lt Col's. After a night at Tobys while waiting for a cab home it always seemed like a great idea. The drivers were always eager to drop us off early. Sometimes we would do 2 a night, occasionally on the wrong house. My roomate and I roof stomped our new neighbours to welcome them to the neighbourhood. One evening we even had a shot gun pulled on us by a Captain. Interesting seeing 10 dudes drop to their face on a 30 degree slant as the flight cc, blinded by his own auto security lighting, waived a gun around. Needless to say, we never gave notice, never took a ladder, and never left hungry or thirsty. The single dudes are always a sure bet although we had our way with a few groggy wives too.

Some of my best memories and bloodiest scars came from the roof stomp and any UPT experience will not be complete without a few.

Have fun, and take a camera.

-j