Info on flight boots

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:37 AM, Champ Kind said:

...black boots with OCPs...

wait...what?

edit...RTFQ.  Yeah, I'm was moving at herc speed on that one.

Edited by FourFans130

I think you both miss read that. I know you two are used to the slow life and all. But what he’s getting at is that the green boots are going to die just like the black ones did when we go to OCP’s and it will be the new coyote color since we need to spend more money on stuff. 

I think you both miss read that. I know you two are used to the slow life and all. But what he’s getting at is that the green boots are going to die just like the black ones did when we go to OCP’s and it will be the new coyote color since we need to spend more money on stuff. 

Ding ding ding.

Yes, I was suggesting that green boots are likely on their way out. If the AF ditches ABUs for OCPs as the utility uniform, I would expect them to go with the “coyote brown” boots mentioned above. There will undoubtedly be a prolonged phase-in period as there was when BDUs went away.

Because the BDU-to-ABU transition didn’t involve a new flying uniform, what I’m wondering is whether or not the green one-piece coverall flight suits will slowly go away in favor of OCP two-piece or (hopefully) if not will the brown boots for OCPs be authorized for wear with the green flight suits.

In the end, it’s only $100 bucks for the Danners linked above which is a great deal for what I’ve heard is a solid boot.

Ding ding ding.

Yes, I was suggesting that green boots are likely on their way out. If the AF ditches ABUs for OCPs as the utility uniform, I would expect them to go with the “coyote brown” boots mentioned above. There will undoubtedly be a prolonged phase-in period as there was when BDUs went away.

Because the BDU-to-ABU transition didn’t involve a new flying uniform, what I’m wondering is whether or not the green one-piece coverall flight suits will slowly go away in favor of OCP two-piece or (hopefully) if not will the brown boots for OCPs be authorized for wear with the green flight suits.

In the end, it’s only $100 bucks for the Danners linked above which is a great deal for what I’ve heard is a solid boot.
Two piece will probably never be authorized for ejection seat aircraft, so unless they make ocp coveralls you'll probably always have bags in the supply system.

4 hours ago, MooseAg03 said:

It’ll be a sad day when/if the green flight suits go away. I feel like we earned the right to wear them by earning our wings. OCPs just make me look like another ground pounder.

And that's EXACTLY why the one-piece green bag will go the way of the dinosaur. It's like a shoe wet dream....

11 hours ago, polcat said:

Wouldn't that be something if we went back to black boots. What's old is new again. If/when we go to OCPs, I bet it will be tan boots with flightsuits.

It’s been tan, they released new guidance that OCPs need to have coyote boots in the next year or so, right after we just spent all that money on the tan. 

• Thanks 1

It’s been tan, they released new guidance that OCPs need to have coyote boots in the next year or so, right after we just spent all that money on the tan. 

Who spent all that money on the tan? Non-flyers who were issued OCP when they deployed?

Flyers have been wearing tan bags and boots forever

25 minutes ago, the g-man said:

Who spent all that money on the tan? Non-flyers who were issued OCP when they deployed?

Flyers have been wearing tan bags and boots forever

Ya good point, better wording and use of my brain and I would have said—now we have to spend more money to reissue the entire squadron coyote because tan isn’t authorized after 2019. AFSOC has been rocking OCP flights for awhile now home and deployed, seems most my heavy bros are rocking them deployed. 

It's a really good thing that we're spending millions to differentiate between two different colors of sand.  Coyote and tan are pretty much the same color, coyote being half a shade darker...so yeah, that's worth a whole re-issue while we're still doing combat ops in Afghan, Syria, Africa...on top of acquiring new weapons systems...

*donning parachute and flipping to the bailout procedures*

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2018 at 9:19 AM, FourFans130 said:

It's a really good thing that we're spending millions to differentiate between two different colors of sand.  Coyote and tan are pretty much the same color, coyote being half a shade darker...so yeah, that's worth a whole re-issue while we're still doing combat ops in Afghan, Syria, Africa...on top of acquiring new weapons systems...

*donning parachute and flipping to the bailout procedures*

After about a day in deployedland your tan and coyote boots are the same color anyway.  I deployed with unauthorized (at the time) coyote Rocky boots and a tan bag, and nobody noticed.

• 11 months later...

Need a new sage green boot ("flight" if able)... Got wide feet.  What do you guys recommend?

I just ordered a pair of Belleville 693s from US Patriot Tactical as buddies recommended those.. but theyre on closeout, too small, cant return now.

17 minutes ago, rancormac said:

Need a new sage green boot ("flight" if able)... Got wide feet.  What do you guys recommend?

I just ordered a pair of Belleville 693s from US Patriot Tactical as buddies recommended those.. but theyre on closeout, too small, cant return now.

Rocky S2Vs, order a wide size. They got put back on the flight approved list last year. The flight approved ones aren’t the warm weather ones though. (I don’t think, my sage green ones are much warmer and thicker than my brown ones, my feet get hot pretty quick). But other than that they are comfy. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, viper154 said:

Rocky S2Vs, order a wide size. They got put back on the flight approved list last year. The flight approved ones aren’t the warm weather ones though. (I don’t think, my sage green ones are much warmer and thicker than my brown ones, my feet get hot pretty quick). But other than that they are comfy. 

^^^this x1000. The S2V is by far the best boot I’ve worn. The heels wear out somewhat fast but I’ll buy them over and over. 

1 hour ago, Standby said:

^^^this x1000. The S2V is by far the best boot I’ve worn. The heels wear out somewhat fast but I’ll buy them over and over. 

They are my favorite approved (and issued to me) flight boot. I was also issued the Solomon XA forces GTX boots that I am in love with. They are much more of a hiking boot/shoe and have the quick pull no tie lace thing. They are coyote though and barely above the ankle, so they look retarded in the traditional green bag, they are all I wear in OCPs though. Not flight approved but several flying units at the two AFSOC bases I have been at in the last year have bought/issued them.