Standups at UPT

Sneedro

I bet if a student was actually taught a cross check (beyond the 2.6 hours a CSI “teaches”) helmet fires would be significantly reduced from current levels...Vance’s “2.5” included. Although, in its defense, Vance’s “2.5” does give flight line IPs additional opportunity to teach a cross check. It’s not in the syllabus to use the opportunity that way, but the opportunity exists none the less.

If we actually taught students the shit they needed to know, good things would start to happen. Or at least, that’s the thought...time will tell.

~Bendy

Edit: Stand ups too...has always been a trial by fire brown cluster. Doesn’t need to be, we just like to waste an entire go of a FAIP’s day slogging through it multiple times a week because we had to do it too. Seems legit.

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network mobile app

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bender said:

I bet if a student was actually taught a cross check (beyond the 2.6 hours a CSI “teaches”) helmet fires would be significantly reduced from current levels...Vance’s “2.5” included. Although, in its defense, Vance’s “2.5” does give flight line IPs additional opportunity to teach a cross check.

In the end it all boils down to flight hours. The traditional Air Force pilot training experience is already significantly condensed for what they want out of the end product. If hours didn’t matter the airlines would accept every douche with a commercial and 60 hours in a Cessna. You can sit on the ground all day long and tell someone xyz, that wont be enough to develop good habit patterns in the jet. Upper echelons of leadership need to realize what we expect out of modern single seat pilots is extremely demanding and corners cannot be cut in developing it. 

• Upvote 2