Army aviators get kicked in the nads

ClearedHot

We just happened to discover that you owe us three more years.  Lol.  Fuck that.  

It’s in their agreed-to contract that the Army is now enforcing.  What’s the issue?  They agreed to the terms!

This is equivalent to all the sniveling weenies who ran up significant college debt saying, “Uncle Sam, it’s your fault.  Forgive my debt!”  Screw that!  You agreed to sit in the pig stall, now go wallow in the mud and stop griping about how “unfair” your life is.  Man up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

It’s in their agreed-to contract that the Army is now enforcing.  What’s the issue?  They agreed to the terms!
This is equivalent to all the sniveling weenies who ran up significant college debt saying, “Uncle Sam, it’s your fault.  Forgive my debt!”  Screw that!  You agreed to sit in the pig stall, now go wallow in the mud and stop griping about how “unfair” your life is.  Man up.

I disagree

From the article

“In letters the Army sent this month to the affected aviators as well as to members of Congress, which were obtained by NBC News, it said it “realized” after conducting a “legal review of this policy” that the three-year BRADSO requirement has to be served separately.”

I don’t think they knew. I would put money on the fact that, when they signed up, they asked if this commitment would be concurrent and I would put money on the fact that some personnel NCOs said yes.

How many times have you talked to someone at MPF and gotten a confidently wrong answer from someone and gone with it only to find out later that the info was incorrect?

I can give you multiple examples of personnel inconsistencies

When I was awarded a Nav slot in 1994, the commitment had changed from 5 to 6 years. I had to cross out every 5 in my contract, change it to a 6 and initial it. One of my friends was at a Det that didn’t do that. Guess what? She got out at the 5 year mark.

My kid was told in Jan 2021 that he could commission into the ANG from ROTC in 2021 under the Bow Wave program. Everyone was on board, he found a unit and got hired…then in April 2021 A1 ended the program and didn’t tell anyone…not the gaining state recruiters, not the ROTC det, not the unit. They did all the paperwork to submit in May only for AFPC to say “sorry, that program is over, the moose out front should have told you.”

I could go on and on.

So to make a blanket sweeping generalization that every single one of these aviators read a contract that apparently the entire Army didn’t even understand and they all need to man up?

It’s another case of the member getting screwed and the incompetent bureaucrats run free.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums
  • Upvote 7

23 minutes ago, Scooter14 said:

I disagree

From the article

“In letters the Army sent this month to the affected aviators as well as to members of Congress, which were obtained by NBC News, it said it “realized” after conducting a “legal review of this policy” that the three-year BRADSO requirement has to be served separately.”

I don’t think they knew. I would put money on the fact that, when they signed up, they asked if this commitment would be concurrent and I would put money on the fact that some personnel NCOs said yes.

How many times have you talked to someone at MPF and gotten a confidently wrong answer from someone and gone with it only to find out later that the info was incorrect?

I can give you multiple examples of personnel inconsistencies

When I was awarded a Nav slot in 1994, the commitment had changed from 5 to 6 years. I had to cross out every 5 in my contract, change it to a 6 and initial it. One of my friends was at a Det that didn’t do that. Guess what? She got out at the 5 year mark.

My kid was told in Jan 2021 that he could commission into the ANG from ROTC in 2021 under the Bow Wave program. Everyone was on board, he found a unit and got hired…then in April 2021 A1 ended the program and didn’t tell anyone…not the gaining state recruiters, not the ROTC det, not the unit. They did all the paperwork to submit in May only for AFPC to say “sorry, that program is over, the moose out front should have told you.”

I could go on and on.

So to make a blanket sweeping generalization that every single one of these aviators read a contract that apparently the entire Army didn’t even understand and they all need to man up?

It’s another case of the member getting screwed and the incompetent bureaucrats run free.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Thats the problem. If they are going to reinterpret the rules then Grandfather everyone in based on the previous widely known interpretation.

On another note, was it coded as a concurrent or consecutive? Are the S1's literally changing the code that they, themselves, input previously? Army aviators must have a vmpf equivalent where they can see the type of commitment. 

On 4/28/2023 at 6:00 PM, General Chang said:

You had your epic troll moment years ago. Don’t sully your legacy. 

• Haha 4

On 4/28/2023 at 9:00 PM, General Chang said:

You're really @ClearedHot's alternate login, right?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, hindsight2020 said:

You joke. Received today in my inbox.

image.png.e6e05906c9480a3a098f47b60c0ea1d8.png

Of course this shit happens when I'm set to retire.  It wouldn't be a fitting end to my career without one more admin fuck job lol. 

At this point, I really shouldn't be surprised by any of this.  The first time I submitted a batch of orders for early retirement (circa 2017), I received the results in about 10 days.  I submitted another one in early Feb (assuming same timeline), and I have yet to receive a response.  I wanted to add another order (just completed) but it won't let me because, it's still "work in progress."  It's been in that status for over 2 months now.

I called and asked about the timeline because I retire in 2ish months.  The VPC lady had no idea and couldn't get me in contact with those who may have an idea...good talk Russ!   She did say that I can still work this issue in retirement, but she said, "it's more painful."  So I got that going for me, which is nice.  

Fuck, at this point I've already totalled my days and know what my early retirement should be.  They should just take my data and call it good.  I mean, we already do everyone else's job as it is, why would this be any different? 

• Like 2

@SocialD I know two people who “retired,” and months later were told, “sorry, we messed up when we thought 2+3=7, so you still owe 2 more months of duty to retire. See you on Sat for drill! Oh, and you’re also overdue for a PT test, plus you might as well expect a piss test too”

21 hours ago, brabus said:

@SocialD I know two people who “retired,” and months later were told, “sorry, we messed up when we thought 2+3=7, so you still owe 2 more months of duty to retire. See you on Sat for drill! Oh, and you’re also overdue for a PT test, plus you might as well expect a piss test too”

I'm not surprised, this is why you have do everything yourself.  One dude thought he had shacked 20 years plus 1 day, based on their data.  But that was too close for comfort so he extended his orders a few months.  Good thing because, after the fact, they realized he'd have been short anyway.  Must have lost a day here and there.  

As always, never trust anything admin in the AF.  I trusted them on my 214s, but as I did a pre-retirment audit, I realized I'm missing 5 of the 12 DD214s I'm owed.  Standard.

Wrt PT tests...our base has always exempt PT tests for anyone within a year of retirement.  Either way, it would be the damnest thing...every drill weekend I'd have a vision problem and not be able to make it to work.  🤣

• Like 1

23 hours ago, brabus said:

Welp, guess I'll just keep being overdue, so.....GFY

• Like 2

On 4/28/2023 at 10:00 PM, General Chang said:

We have a company man over here...

That almost happened to me as I tried jumping from Army to Air Force in 2019. They were adding 2-3 year commitments to dudes trying to jump ship just for going to a 2-week AFE course at Rucker. One guy got suckered into attending a 2-week advanced course and got hit with a 2 year ADSO. Made a huge deal about it, and tried to get his congressman involved... but in the end, the army sent him to Fort Polk Louisiana to be an LNO. Had to turn down a slot with a C-130 guard unit. I guess I was at the right place and time because they are now forcing dudes to sign a 10-year contract out of Rucker when it used to be 6. 

I feel even worse for these commission dudes. Their flying days are over because the army is a warrant officers world. Having to continue their existence in an aviation unit but not being able to fly... while doing all the bitch work WOs don't want to do while because of "flying". Somebody needs to write those awards and keep track of those trackers. But remember to color code the trackers correctly, becuase the COL doesn't actually read them. He just looks at colors and the color red is very bad. Green is very good. Yellow is questionable. 

• Upvote 1