Next CSAF?

On 4/28/2023 at 8:21 PM, Boomer6 said:

The first person to cut their dick off in the pool of applicants will definitely be the next CSAF.

That would be an amazing parody skit. Imagine the perpetual second place guy scrambling to get his cut off in a slapstick way, bursting into the room to make the announcement, only to find out the careerist already being congratulated on the transition and awarded the job

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2023 at 9:33 PM, filthy_liar said:

If she's the best for the job, put her in. If she's not, don't.  My answer hasn't changed on that in my lifetime.

For the love of Olds can I get a so to speak?!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

2880px-P20210308AS-1221_(51102026543).jp

This picture will haunt my dreams for years to come.  Lol

2880px-P20210308AS-1221_(51102026543).jpg

I’d just like to point out literally none of those masks is anything but a cloth napkin…. The president isn’t wearing an N95 compliant mask… neither is the 2nd in line in our chain of succession.

So besides optics what the F was the point. It’s like they literally think we are too stupid to notice them not obeying the made up rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GKinnear said:

Looks like Wilsbach is officially out of the CSAF running...I also have a terrible track record betting on sports.

Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III announced today that the president has made the following nominations:

Air Force Gen. Kenneth S. Wilsbach for appointment to the grade of general, with assignment as commander, Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia.  Wilsbach is currently serving as commander, Pacific Air Forces; and air component commander, U.S. Indo-Pacific Command, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii.

Does CJCS get a senior enlisted leader? How will he fare without having Bass (or Bass?) to talk and take selfies on his behalf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expecting a boring stint as CJCS with no profound decisions.

3 hours ago, StoleIt said:

Reddit hated on him hard a few weeks/months ago because he labeled beards ‘faddish’ during a q&a with the CMSAF. 

Shoot a thousand haji but tell one airman no beard and you’re no longer a badass. 

3 hours ago, Bigred said:

Reddit hated on him hard a few weeks/months ago because he labeled beards ‘faddish’ during a q&a with the CMSAF. 

Shoot a thousand haji but tell one airman no beard and you’re no longer a badass. 

He compared folks not shaving due to medical or religious reasons to wearing skinny jeans. 

Ironic given that he has photos like this:

Screenshot_20230505_063343_Chrome.jpg

52 minutes ago, pawnman said:

He compared folks not shaving due to medical or religious reasons to wearing skinny jeans. 

Ironic given that he has photos like this:

Meh, I'd say it's a bit different than the personnelist who wants to sport his beard to fit in at the coffee shop.  There really seems to be a strong infatuation with beards recently.  I don't particularly hate them, but I get why the military/companies are against them.  

On another note, you guys see this dudes first duty assignment.  Irakloin AB in Crete, probably not a bad place to chill for a first assignment.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, SocialD said:

Meh, I'd say it's a bit different than the personnelist who wants to sport his beard to fit in at the coffee shop.  There really seems to be a strong infatuation with beards recently.  I don't particularly hate them, but I get why the military/companies are against them.  

On another note, you guys see this dudes first duty assignment.  Irakloin AB in Crete, probably not a bad place to chill for a first assignment.  

I just think it's a matter of where the priorities are. We approved additional hairstyles for women because the previous regs caused hair loss for some women. We didn't force those women to get "pony tail waivers".

We have data that shaving waivers for medical reasons lead to lower promotion rates. And since there's one group that gets more shaving waivers than others, it directly contradicts the D&I efforts of the DoD.

We have data that shows the Air Force medical folks spend something like 10,000 man hours a year on shaving waivers. Wouldn't it be nice to have those appointments open for real issues?

I admit I'm not an expert in every NATO country, but I think we're in the vast minority when it comes to beards. Almost every other NATO country allows them.

And then we approved neck tattoos? Beards are unprofessional, but neck tattoos are fine? GTFO.

And then to casually disregard legitimate medical issues as a "fad" rings very hollow from a dude who wore a beard for the better part of his own career.

5 hours ago, pawnman said:

Lol.  This is actually funny. 

Personally,  I like seeing the AFCAM on our senior leaders, Especially a Chief.    I’d actually like to see a real “warrior” in senior leadership positions.  Not some dude who sat in an office his whole career.  

10 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

Lol.  This is actually funny. 

Personally,  I like seeing the AFCAM on our senior leaders, Especially a Chief.    I’d actually like to see a real “warrior” in senior leadership positions.  Not some dude who sat in an office his whole career.  

I don't really find it funny. He is another middle aged white dude who is making a joke out of something that is disproportionately affecting a single race. He might not see the wider context but that is no excuse--at his position he has an obligation to know better. I like seeing warriors in high office as well but they carry character flaws as often as anyone else. Especially SOCOM types. Look how many scandals were uncovered in the last decade with drug smuggling/addiction/abuse and murder for hire schemes. 

• Upvote 1