Pro Cycling

Prozac

hope so, I'd love to see an American GC contender at the grand tours, but a 5 stage Oman win is a far cry from 3 weeks of pain in the tour/vuelta/giro. Hopefully Movistar will give him support, the only other name on their squad this year is Enric Mas. 

1 minute ago, yzl337 said:

hope so, I'd love to see an American GC contender at the grand tours, but a 5 stage Oman win is a far cry from 3 weeks of pain in the tour/vuelta/giro. Hopefully Movistar will give him support, the only other name on their squad this year is Enric Mas. 

Very true. I’m just excited to have a yank (have a yank….giggidy.) in the peloton to support who’s capable of a stage win or two. 

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Anyone else ride?

Trying to ramp back up for a century on my birthday. 

My Litespeed with a great Shimano setup.

536207700_StartanactivityonStrava.png

Nice whip. I’m looking to do a metric later this year. Might turn it into a full century depending on how training goes. Just got started with Zwift about a month ago & already seeing some ftp gains from doing some actual structured training vs going out on the road & over-doing every ride. 

19 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Nice whip. I’m looking to do a metric later this year. Might turn it into a full century depending on how training goes. Just got started with Zwift about a month ago & already seeing some ftp gains from doing some actual structured training vs going out on the road & over-doing every ride. 

I know people like Pelaton but I bought the Schwinn IC-4 and use my IPad with Zwift during the cold months.  Backed off this winter due to a back injury from a crash years ago.

If you are looking for a new whip check out Cobalt Bikes.  The have a great series of bikes.  The owner and designer is a retire USAF O-6 Patch from HH-60's...outstanding human being and has a veteran discount. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Went to high school with Matteo and am still good friends with him. Dude has really rocketed these past two years. If you remember, he was the kid that got his leg sliced open by a brake rotor that caused a bunch of drama. There was another kid out of the riding program in Idaho that I believe is also on Movistar with him. 

19 hours ago, Prozac said:

Very true. I’m just excited to have a yank (have a yank….giggidy.) in the peloton to support who’s capable of a stage win or two. 

Don’t forget about Sepp Kuss on Jumbo! Already has a stage win from 2021 Tour and two Vuelta stages. None last year in the Tour, but was a huge part of Vingegaard‘s win.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/16/2023 at 6:44 AM, ClearedHot said:

Anyone else ride?

Trying to ramp back up for a century on my birthday. 

My Litespeed with a great Shimano setup.

536207700_StartanactivityonStrava.png

@ClearedHot Emerald Coast area? I'm headed to staff at hurbie in a few months, looking for info on riding groups/good routes, etc

• Upvote 2