Shoot down over Alaska and Canada

HeyEng

Don't you find this is not funny anymore since this first time in NORADs history that they have shot something down.

A craft that does not have wings nor it lighter than air that can traverse intercontinental? I also saw on TV a senator who said they had over eight briefings on the original Chinese balloon but none so far on these new ones. 
And if these are aliens, I’m kind of disappointed that they are so easy to shoot down, I mean where’s Klaatu ordering Gort to use his lasers to disable the missiles?

It is more than possible for a mylar party balloon to get to 20,000 feet in the right conditions. I was providing tanker support for a POTUS CAP over NYC years ago when Trump was president. It was fun listening to a birthday balloon intercept unfold over tac freq. The Strike Eagle drivers got pretty fired up over not being able to ID this thing for about 10 minutes in between a few overcast layers. EADS was able to pick up a mylar balloon over NYC at about 13,000 feet. In light of recent events, I could see us using excessive force on a party balloon.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Target rich environment. How many AIM-9's do we have stockpiled?

'99 Red Balloons: US Air Base Launching Slew of Weather Balloons as Scrutiny Intensifies over Flying Objects:'

'The National Weather Service alone releases around 92 balloons every single day in the United States and its territories. They can float to altitudes of around 100,000 feet, according to the weather agency.'

99 Red Balloons: US Air Base Launching Slew of Weather Balloons as Scrutiny Intensifies over Flying Objects | Military.com

58 minutes ago, waveshaper said:

Target rich environment. How many AIM-9's do we have stockpiled?

'99 Red Balloons: US Air Base Launching Slew of Weather Balloons as Scrutiny Intensifies over Flying Objects:'

'The National Weather Service alone releases around 92 balloons every single day in the United States and its territories. They can float to altitudes of around 100,000 feet, according to the weather agency.'

99 Red Balloons: US Air Base Launching Slew of Weather Balloons as Scrutiny Intensifies over Flying Objects | Military.com

How many -9Xs? The answer is not near enough 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, herkbum said:

Report I saw said they used 2 because first one missed.

Meh.  If every missile our country created and fired in the last 50 years had performed exactly as advertised, warfare wouldn't exist anymore.

Isn't the Scott O'Grady Rule to get a confirmed air-to-air kill, the target has to cost more than the missile used to destroy it?

Ironically, a quick Google search revealed the O'Grady Rule actually states "a drunken mistake can only be used to (partially) negate mens rea (and only for crimes of specific intent) and not to justify an unreasonable use of force in a plea of self-defence."

The More You Know GIFs | GIFDB.com

National Enquirer - “ F-22 Pilot with two kills seen purchasing 150 Mylar balloons at Party City”

• Like 3
  • Haha 5