Recommended qualified by flight doc for ADHD waiver

HomieSath

Hello, I am applying for a reserve flight engineer job and was required to get a waiver for my history of ADHD. I was recommended qualified by the flight doc and they will be submitting my waiver and flight physical up to the AFRC HQ. Does anyone know if my chances of getting the waiver approved are good if I was recommended qualified by the doc? Thanks. 

3 hours ago, HomieSath said:

Hello, I am applying for a reserve flight engineer job and was required to get a waiver for my history of ADHD. I was recommended qualified by the flight doc and they will be submitting my waiver and flight physical up to the AFRC HQ. Does anyone know if my chances of getting the waiver approved are good if I was recommended qualified by the doc? Thanks. 

It really all comes down to whether you meet the waiver criteria.  The flight doc can make any recommendation they choose, but the waiver authority follows the waiver guidelines the vast, vast majority of the time.  All of this can be found in the Air Force Waiver guide if you want to review it.  I'd post it, but it's a large file.  Google "air force waiver guide 2022" and it's your first hit.

Best of luck.