Regret leaving

XC-

I'll answer this a different way.  I hated everything about active duty.  I loved every job.  Its a bit psychotic but that's what it was.  I loved being a student, and I hated formal release.  Hated being a flight commander, and I found it rewarding to lead a few people.  Loved the schools.  ACSC was a dream - many of you haters have been mislead.  School was out by 11 and on the golf course.  Loved SAMS that came next.  One of the best experiences I've had in the military.  Hated DO.  Worked for a shitty boss.  Loved/hated squadron command.  But one of the other best experiences I had in the military. Hated the system.  Absolutely hated it.  It drove me out.  To me the system turned out to be not what I described what I loved above.  It became all about PC, get the metrics green even if you have to blatantly lie, the mission isn't really what we're focused on right now, etc.  Drove me the out.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2022 at 8:07 PM, BFM this said:

PF into LGA yesterday

Figure I checked the NOT decidedly boring square for the next year at least.

Been there! Honestly I don’t find airline flying boring, I find it different. Different isn’t a bad thing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/1/2022 at 8:07 PM, BFM this said:

PF into LGA yesterday

Figure I checked the NOT decidedly boring square for the next year at least.

Years ago flying the Stupid-80 into LGA and I was following some corporate type on the Expressway arrival. Tower asks, "American 69, you have a corporate doofus way long turning final so don't turn final until you seem him." We pick him up and turn final with LGA standard min spacing. On short final we hear "CORPORATE DOOFUS, WHAT ARE YOU DOING??..... YOU CAN'T STOP ON THE RUNWAY!!!"...."American 69, go around"  CA immediately goes heads down MAKING A PA while I employ single man rules for the go around. About the time I'm abeam the runway after flying the Expressway arrival again, the CA rejoins the conversation in the cockpit and asks, "Where are we?" I do not miss domestic flying. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

CA immediately goes heads down MAKING A PA while I employ single man rules for the go around. About the time I'm abeam the runway after flying the Expressway arrival again, the CA rejoins the conversation in the cockpit and asks, "Where are we?" I do not miss domestic flying. 

I love the number of PA announcements my brown boxes require.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FourFans130 said:

We were doing a lot of cargo only flights during the COVID debacle and the topic of cargo vs pax came up often. The general consensus was it doesn't suck. No pax and no flight attendants made for very peaceful and quiet flights. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

On 12/4/2022 at 1:32 PM, FourFans130 said:

STS?  Lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SocialD said:

It's like how you never go through dry and you can always save a landing...never go around!  

CC Call from Dec Drill: “if any of you pussies go through dry or go around, I will have your ass (sts)!” - SocialD

• Haha 1