College Football

O Face

Max chaos: somehow Purdue, KState, Utah and LSU win their conferences. Just for the lolz. Whatever scenario gets us to an expanded playoff faster gets my vote. There have been lots of good teams and wild upsets this year, it would be super fun to let the top 12 duke it out. Shit, I want March Madness but for college football. Shut up and take my money!

• Upvote 3

12 is just strange.  I agree that 4 isn't enough, but 8 is the logical number.  How many teams could be ranked 9th, regardless of how messed up the season gets, and have a legitimate claim that they should be a contender?  If that's really not enough, then just go to 16.  Teams 1-4 getting a first round bye is odd.

2 hours ago, Smokin said:

12 is just strange.  I agree that 4 isn't enough, but 8 is the logical number.  How many teams could be ranked 9th, regardless of how messed up the season gets, and have a legitimate claim that they should be a contender?  If that's really not enough, then just go to 16.  Teams 1-4 getting a first round bye is odd.

I pretty much agree with this. 8 makes the most sense to me. I guess they wanna do the byes for the top 4 so they don’t get knocked off on a flukey way early…but byes can also be strange and a team that keeps playing and keeps winning has momentum over a team that’s sat idle for too long.

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

I pretty much agree with this. 8 makes the most sense to me. I guess they wanna do the byes for the top 4 so they don’t get knocked off on a flukey way early…but byes can also be strange and a team that keeps playing and keeps winning has momentum over a team that’s sat idle for too long.

Arguments for both sides to be sure. However, I do believe that a first round bye would be a big incentive to win the conference and make those regular season games count. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.0c4e77bcb80360c253534112667a1599.png

It’s the time of year for these transfer portal (a whole other discussion there) and this one is great.

”Since I am not very tough and Leach is glad I am leaving, I will be entering my name into the transfer portal”. 

Mike Leach lmao. 

Edited by Danger41

15 hours ago, Danger41 said:

image.thumb.png.0c4e77bcb80360c253534112667a1599.png

It’s the time of year for these transfer portal (a whole other discussion there) and this one is great.

”Since I am not very tough and Leach is glad I am leaving, I will be entering my name into the transfer portal”. 

Mike Leach lmao. 

Jimbo taking it on the chin (sts), with the transfer portal...what were the Aggies thinking with that contract.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, O Face said:

What’s everyone thinking about the final 4?  Obviously a larger playoff would be favorable, but I think they got the 4 teams in that should be. 

Dead on!  No matter how much Alabama squawks, they don't deserve to be there!

UGA vs Michigan will be an outstanding CFP National Championship game!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, M2 said:

Dead on!  No matter how much Alabama squawks, they don't deserve to be there!

UGA vs Michigan will be an outstanding CFP National Championship game!

Hail! You motherfuckers!

Hail! You big cocksuckers!

Hail! Michigan, the cesspool of the world!

--- Long live the student section of Camp Randall Stadium ---

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, disgruntledemployee said:

Hail! You motherers!

Hail! You big cocksuckers!

Hail! Michigan, the cesspool of the world!

--- Long live the student section of Camp Randall Stadium ---

I will say, I think you guys won the coaching carousel this year!

If you’re like me, this time of year is quite depressing. Not because of the holidays or anything, but rather because college football is coming to its annual letdown of a post season, and we’re staring at the realization that there’s nothing worth watching on tv for the next 8 months.  The FCS playoffs on ESPN2 is some really good football however. Semi finals are this Fri-Sat. 

• 3 weeks later...

After Benjamin Harrison denied South Dakota it’s rightful place ahead of those godless heathens to their north in 1889 with his Dakota Territory statehood stunt (https://time.com/4377423/dakota-north-south-history-two/), we will finally settle it on the gridiron for the National Championship! North Dakota State and South Dakota State play on Sunday for the FCS National Title for the first time ever. The two schools have played each other 113 times in their histories (and have one of the best traveling trophies in college football https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakota_Marker) but never for all the marbles. 

Tune in Sunday! I’ll be the drunk one in the Blue.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

If I were a betting man I'd bet that he'll either get drafted or quickly signed as an undrafted free agent shortly after the draft.

Cheap backup who's got that dawg in him quite literally. Not unlike Taylor Heinicke, who's last season in college before being signed was a not-notable 6-6 at Old Dominion.

Not a fantastic or really even a starting NFL QB, but talented and motivated enough to earn a roster spot for a handful of years. Scrappy and a proven winner.

Plus ole SBIV won 2x national championships for the #1 team in the country who can recruit damn near any 5-star QB they could dream of...that ain't nothing.

Edited by nsplayr