College Football

O Face

Well if we’re going to have a conversation going about soccer, for the love of God we should have at least one for this year’s college football season!  It’s been a hell of a great year. Lots of upsets, surprisingly close games, and some old power houses awakening from their slumber and making some waves again (UT, USC, etc) and the “playoff” not including Alabama or Clemson and including TCU?!  I wasn’t too excited about the transfer portal initially, however, I think it has led to some extra excitement. And speaking of playoffs, can we get a 12 team bracket now, please?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, guineapigfury said:

FCS has 24 teams in the playoff and it works great.  For the FBS, I'm pulling for TCU.  Any team going hard with HypnoToad memes deserves to win the whole damn thing.

I’m with ya on the FCS playoffs. Baby steps I suppose, not to mention ensuring the continued smashing success of the New Mexico bowl. 

1 hour ago, VMFA187 said:

I'm happy that TAMU took Jimbo Fischer from us!

Happy to be in the top 20 again with Norvell leading FSU to an 8-3 season after such a terrible few years. I see top 10 next year. 

Another great, classic team remembering that they’re supposed to be good at this game!  Nebraska however…

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Isn't that an all girls school?

Close. Jackrabbits get all the girls. The girls school you’re thinking of is Middle Tennessee. 

2 hours ago, O Face said:

Another great, classic team remembering that they’re supposed to be good at this game!  Nebraska however…

Funny story about them…back in the day, I went on a recruiting trip to Nebraska and they suffered their biggest home loss ever up to that point (38-9 to Kansas State). They offered me and then subsequently fired Frank Solich (for bad recruiting) and ended the Tom Osborne coaching legacy. It’s all been trash since then. So basically, I destroyed the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

• Haha 5

Huh, what? I guess that makes the Gamecocks world beaters..

Go Buckeyes!

Edited by bcuziknow
The “approval” action required on this site is not only comical, but explains the enormous amount of misinformation perpetuated on the board. But as we well know, pilots know best so as long as the desire for harmony conformity can be maintained, you can

On 11/22/2022 at 10:33 PM, Danger41 said:

How about the #1 seed South Dakota State Jackrabbits! LFG!!

For the College Gameday fans, Pat McAfee’s first appearance on the show was sitting in for Adam Vinatieri (SDSU alum) as guest picker. Hilarious stuff. 

58 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

For the College Gameday fans, Pat McAfee’s first appearance on the show was sitting in for Adam Vinatieri (SDSU alum) as guest picker. Hilarious stuff. 

McAfee's presence on Gameday has only made it better.  It sucks seeing Corso in this clip compared to his appearances lately.  Getting old can suck.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Utah somehow hit the 4-way parlay to fall backwards into the PAC-12 championship game. Them winning that is the only hope OSU has of making the playoff over USC. Lucky for them Utah already beat the Trojans once this year so I say LFG do it again 💪

I guess TCU could lose the Big 12 championship game, but even though they’re kinda fake I don’t think that’ll happen…OSU also badly needs Michigan and Georgia to win out as well so as to not introduce more 1-loss non-conference champ options.

Yeah, I’d be willing to bet a lot of $ that one, or more, of these guys will lose their conference championship game. Which will completely muddy the entire thing - if only there was a playoff format that could help remedy this situation. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I’d be willing to bet a lot of $ that one, or more, of these guys will lose their conference championship game. Which will completely muddy the entire thing - if only there was a playoff format that could help remedy this situation. 

No, we couldn’t possibly accommodate more than four teams in a playoff.

Agreed, it’s a great change. I just love the whole 2026 “unless earlier implementation is possible” part. What is the hold up??!!  Has the US mint not printed enough money yet to cover the insane amount of cash this will generate??  I’ve always wanted to hear a good argument against a real playoff and have not. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1