Field Fairies

Biff_T

6 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Will it though? What do you think it is that keeps USA Men’s soccer from doing better? 

A plethora (lol) of things.  Throughout US soccer's history we've had other sports that absorb talent that could make the US dominate soccer.  Imagine some the NFL, NBA, MLB and etc players playing soccer their whole lives instead of football, basketball and such.  Over the past 20 years some of these guys have started to play soccer. The past US teams had the drive to win but not the skill.  Only now do we have actual talent to compete with the big boys.  In other countries, the youth soccer programs are free.  The kids play soccer in the streets like we do basketball and football.  In the US most of the soccer associations are in well off areas.  We don't really have a soccer players playing in the lower income areas.  Competitive soccer is historically expensive to play in the US.

In 2026, our dudes will be 4 years older.  The majority of our starters play for competitive teams in Eruope.  We will have the experience to go with the drive and talent.  We are going to start winning World Cups in the near future.  Also,  the 2026 World Cup is in the US.  Add a new manager, a good CB and a striker that can finish consistently and we will have a good team in 2026.

These are some of the things  holding us back, not everything.   

• Upvote 1

Bye bye Brazil!!!!!

Good job 🇭🇷!!!!

• Upvote 1

496412228_images(7).jpeg.c616a2833c63b64a28840af579f9430e.jpeg

Morroco 1,   Portugal 0

Nice job Messi!!!

Congrats 🇦🇷 

Sorry to see Croatia go but Argentina earned it today.  

• Like 1

France vs Argentina let's go Messi!

That was a good WC Final.   Way to go Argentina and Messi!!!   French tears taste the sweetest.  Lol

Edited by Biff_T
  • Upvote 1

Liverpool vs Manchester City tomorrow.

Let's go Liverpool!!!

Uh, not quite. . .

Maybe in some demographics, but soccer isn't exactly figure skating or the biathlon. 

If anything, we need to start taking some cues from them. Imagine the Cleveland Browns or Jacksonville Jaguars getting relegated from the NFL!

3 hours ago, StoleIt said:

Pretty sure we are all back to not caring about this sport for another 4 years.

Someday, you too will bow down to soccer.  We will prance all over your NFL stadiums and flop down your NHL rinks.  We march (again, more like a prance) through the baseball fields.  We will never surrender!   

Field Fairies por vida!

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Liverpool sucks right now 😕

The Premier League is pretty good this year.  

• 4 months later...

Man City or Inter Milan?   

I hope Man City gets crushed but that's not likely.   

41 minutes ago, SocialD said:

Those team names seem to fit the name of this thread...

Lol.  Im so blinded by young men kicking balls around I never noticed the underlying homoerotic naming of the teams.  There are some pretty gay undertones in soccer.  I’ll give you that.  

Edit: If you’re curious (think of the ads in the back 80’s and 90’s penthouses),  Man City Intered Milan.   1-0

Edited by Biff_T

The USMNT beat Mexico 3-0 in the CONCACAF Nations League Semi Final last night.   There were 4 red cards given.   This is the best USMNT we've ever had.   If you're curious about soccer, (wink wink SocialD) this is the time to be a USMNT fan.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Very interesting the game was called early due to homophobic chants from the crowd. Liberals throughout America become massive supporters of Trumps wall to keep out the bigoted Mexicans?

I’ve  always wondered why nobody in the US brings this up.   Lol.  Not a single word from the media about some real homophobia and race issues. Imagine if everyone chanted “faggot” or “nigger” during an NFL game.   Good game though.  

On 6/16/2023 at 10:10 AM, Biff_T said:

The USMNT beat Mexico 3-0 in the CONCACAF Nations League Semi Final last night.   There were 4 red cards given.   This is the best USMNT we've ever had.   If you're curious about soccer, (wink wink SocialD) this is the time to be a USMNT fan.  

Agreed! Not my meme but it’s apt 😁

image.png.77ddc8d5110f0ddbca4af347915dbd5d.png

I believe that we will win!

Edited by nsplayr
  • Downvote 1

🤷‍♂️ USMNT qualified for the World Cup every cycle 1990 through 2014, until they missed it during Trump’s term. They made it once again in 2022 under Dark Brandon’s sage leadership.

#IBlameTrump

/sarcasm if y’all can’t tell

• Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

🤷‍♂️ USMNT qualified for the World Cup every cycle 1990 through 2014, until they missed it during Trump’s term. They made it once again in 2022 under Dark Brandon’s sage leadership.

#IBlameTrump

/sarcasm if y’all can’t tell

Lol

They're the best I've ever seen.... under Biden too.....lol 

We're currently up 2-0 against Canada in the CONCACAF (long one sts) Nations League Final.  

Edit: Biden better not fuck this one up

Edited by Biff_T
More Biffness
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Lol

They're the best I've ever seen.... under Biden too.....lol 

We're currently up 2-0 against Canada in the CONCACAF (long one sts) Nations League Final.  

Edit: Biden better not fuck this one up

Yup, I’ll optimistic about US soccer’s future, both this talented USMNT and with Messi coming to Miami, general interest increasing for MLS.

Not that I ever really played much soccer or care too much about the sport honestly, I mostly just want the US to dominate the world as part of a global manifest destiny thing and we’ve yet to do it in men’s soccer.

It’s high time that we get to it! Back-to-back World War champs yet no men’s World Cups, gotta remedy that soon.