Field Fairies

Biff_T

America will make the world call it "Soccer"!   Lol.  Probably not this year but in 2026 maybe?  

USMNT vs Wales today!   

USA just scored!!!! 

6 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

Taking down their best player in the penalty area is not advisable.

Yeap.

1st Half awesome.  2nd not so much.  But we're playing with a young team.  Our team should be better in 2026.   

Anyways, we have a lot of talent.  More than I've ever seen on the USMNT.  

• Like 1

Saudi Arabia beat Argentina.   WTF?  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Saudi Arabia beat Argentina.   WTF?  

That was crazy. The called back goals must have really put Argentina off their game. I'm shocked.

I'm not a fan of any SouthAmerican team since they all, along with the Spaniards and Portuguese, dive like mofos, but I'd still hate to see saudi advance.

16 hours ago, bfargin said:

That was crazy. The called back goals must have really put Argentina off their game. I'm shocked.

I'm not a fan of any SouthAmerican team since they all, along with the Spaniards and Portuguese, dive like mofos, but I'd still hate to see saudi advance.

That game would have been totally different without all of the offsides calls.  But Argentina was offsides (I like VAR).   They certainly do dive in the Latin world of football.  I'd even throw Italy (sorry Italy no WC lol) into that group.  

The good thing about that game is if the Saudis can beat Argentina then maybe we can at least draw England on Friday.   

Yankee-doodle-1776-A.M.-Willard-500.jpg.e46be6c6a289f68d66000a30a6ae2566.jpg

We were underdogs in 1776!    Friday will be no different (hopefully lol).  

We must beat those snaggletoothed bastards!!  

I'm being overly dramatic lol.   I hope we can at least draw.  

14 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Yankee-doodle-1776-A.M.-Willard-500.jpg.e46be6c6a289f68d66000a30a6ae2566.jpg

We were underdogs in 1776!    Friday will be no different (hopefully lol).  

We must beat those snaggletoothed bastards!!  

I'm being overly dramatic lol.   I hope we can at least draw.  

We're probably going to get less help from France this time around...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, pawnman said:

We're probably going to get less help from France this time around...

We could definitely use Mbappe lol.  

Good job boys!!!!   

England was counting how many goals they were going to beat us by.   😆 

They got lucky we didn't beat them.   

USA-Snaggleteath (ENG) 0-0. 

Well played today. Could’ve/should’ve had the win. 

Have to beat Iran; Iran gets through with a tie or win. That will make the game tough.

Feels a lot like the 2010 World Cup where the US had to beat Algeria to advance. Hopefully we don’t wait until stoppage time to make it happen like the US did back then. 

Still haven’t lost to England in a WC. Truly fantastic and their fans booing the team at the end was fabulous. 

Btw, thread title is dumb and should be changed. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Edited by kaputt
  • Upvote 1

They need to use the VAR for flops.  If a flop is confirmed, yellow card.  It would put an end to the most absurd aspect of the sport.

That and have the players stop raising their hands telling the ref who should get the throw in the second the ball goes out of bounds.  Guess what guys?  The ref isn't taking their cue from you.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, StoleIt said:

Accurate.

Yeap.   It's kinda funny watching a grown man fly through the air and roll on the ground because someone almost touched his elbow.   

The ref in the USA-England game didn't give a single yellow card.   That's good.   Let them play.   

They do give yellow cards for flops.  Just not as often as I'd like.   

Anyways the USA are doing better than expected.  England got lucky we didn't beat them.   I like watching all of the English sportscasters cry about it.   They always talk so much shit about how bad the USA sucks at soccer.   Lol.  England never learns.   Can't stop that 1776 magic.  

2 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Yeap.   It's kinda funny watching a grown man fly through the air and roll on the ground because someone almost touched his elbow.   

The ref in the USA-England game didn't give a single yellow card.   That's good.   Let them play.   

They do give yellow cards for flops.  Just not as often as I'd like.   

Anyways the USA are doing better than expected.  England got lucky we didn't beat them.   I like watching all of the English sportscasters cry about it.   They always talk so much shit about how bad the USA sucks at soccer.   Lol.  England never learns.   Can't stop that 1776 magic.  

soccer.jpg

• Haha 1

Two draws so far.. riveting stuff.

The only interesting thing to come out of this World Cup has been watching woke western world soccer fans collectively realize Qatar is an ethical dumpster fire.. and then promptly turn a blind eye to it. 

• Upvote 2