Nordstream pipeline sabotage?

HeyEng

11 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

A little online research indicates that there is such a thing as a pipeline "pig" which can zip through the pipe, propelled by the gas pressure, usually for cleaning and inspection. Easy to rig with a bomb.

If true for the NS pipes, it would be a much easier solution than using a submarine. And because the gas only flows in one direction, it would have had to come from the Russian side. Getting four to go off at the same time might be tricky

More Intel needed.

I work in the pigging industry on the inspection side.  I'll add my.02.

Never thought of a pig as a delivery vehicle for a bomb but it could happen.  However, I believe the line was idle and not making deliveries?  The pig would have to travel with the pressure of the gas flow. So Germany would need to be taking deliveries.  If the line was idle they couldnt push the pig since the displaced gas had no where to go.

I found this site when I was trying to be an AF pilot.  Now I am posting on my post military career.  Baseops has now become full circle.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, ecugringo said:

I found this site when I was trying to be an AF pilot.  Now I am posting on my post military career.  Baseops has now become full circle.

You missed out. Had you become a pilot you could baselessly speculate with the rest of us, instead you actually know WTF you’re talking about.  

• Haha 11

58 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

You missed out. Had you become a pilot you could baselessly speculate with the rest of us, instead you actually know WTF you’re talking about.  

Ha, checks…

45 minutes ago, TreeA10 said:

Didn't the Bond film "Diamonds are Forever" also feature a mobile pipe inspector/welder thing?  Maybe the pipeline bomber is a Bond film fan. 

Huh, that's three Bond films in pipelines.  WTF?

1 hour ago, TreeA10 said:

Didn't the Bond film "Diamonds are Forever" also feature a mobile pipe inspector/welder thing?  Maybe the pipeline bomber is a Bond film fan. 

It's almost like the control and disruption of energy distribution is a huge component of geopolitics that would be exploited by those wishing to do the West harm 😂🤣

54 minutes ago, slc said:

Ah Denise Richards..... time to do some googling

Pre Charlie Sheen Denise Richards was very nice.   

• Upvote 1

Some video of the pipeline damage (IMHO, more closeup video/photos/the other half of the damaged pipeline section/etc, etc - would help figure this out): it sure looks like a very clean cut. This has the possibility of being an externally applied flexible linear shaped charge attack/the external detonation Initiation point is around the 2 o'clock position?

"The steel pipe itself has a wall of 4.1 cm (1.6 inches) and is coated with steel-reinforced concrete up to 11cm thick. Each section of the pipe weighs 11 tonnes, which goes to 24-25 tonnes after the concrete is applied." 

Edited by waveshaper

main-qimg-ae813d26f766d2d51edcfc7f0cea419c-lq.jpeg.757e65000863ccb57db39a7fae8dce37.jpeg

Maybe Charlie blew up the pipeline?  He made a badass SEAL!

On 10/19/2022 at 6:21 AM, ecugringo said:

I work in the pigging industry on the inspection side.  I'll add my.02.

Never thought of a pig as a delivery vehicle

exercise running GIF         Hats off to you bro. 

Edited by O Face

11 hours ago, O Face said:

exercise running GIF         Hats off to you bro. 

I'll take the fat one! 

4 minutes ago, O Face said:

That’s usually the Nav’s job, but to each his own. 

Navs only get to watch!  Lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

This one was a good copilot back in the day.

From dirty KC-10 Boom to dirty Huey pilot.  I've seen all shapes and sizes!  We seem to attract the big ones lol.  

You could fit several tons of fat girls inside of Big Sexy and the Huey was too slow to outrun them.   

Edited by Biff_T
More fat jokes
  • Haha 2

• 3 months later...

I.

Told.

You.

So.

Nordstream.jpg

Hopefully some of you can finally wake up to the realization that we're being led down the wrong path by f'n criminals.

I want to believe USA is good and Russia is bad, but "The World is Grey, Jack". I don't want these devious acts to be done in the name of America, but they are. Our allies were harmed by this and the people of Europe were lied to. How long can we keep doing this before the rest of the world turns on us?

On 9/27/2022 at 6:32 PM, Prozac said:

I don’t think too many people outside Russia will believe the US is behind this. If by “brilliant strategic plan” you mean Putin committing yet another unforced error and shooting him self in the foot for the umpteenth time, well, ok I guess. 

On 9/28/2022 at 8:56 AM, SurelySerious said:

The Russians using their grey forces to do this sounds like a bad exercise road to war script. Can we loan them some screen writers? If we’re going to end up doing this, I at least want a better plot from the Russians.

On 9/29/2022 at 8:16 AM, Majestik Møøse said:

Dude it’s because you’re blaming your own country based on theory and conjecture. You’ve come up with a hypothesis based on news articles. Were it an airplane accident, the cultural mantra of “wait until the investigation is complete” would’ve stopped you from publicly drawing conclusions. Yet in this case, you’re willing to do so and throw your own country under the bus. For nothing. That’s why people hate conspiracy theorists.

On 10/4/2022 at 5:10 PM, Prozac said:

It'll probably be a few decades before the general public has a clear idea of the American involvement in this conflict. That's a good thing.

On 10/1/2022 at 3:55 PM, SurelySerious said:

That’s because you are a web bot that only copies and pastes spam about “economics” and can’t think critically about geopolitics and the narrative gain Russia potentially gets and the US potentially loses from this.

Edited by gearhog
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1