PT Test Bribery

HeyEng

"Instead of punishing [the] individual and holding them accountable, the airmen are now required to attend more pt so no one else is in the same situation to fail,"

Glad to see time honored traditions of AF leadership are alive and well.  When one idiot shits their pants, we all wear diapers.  Bravo.  👏

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

"the Air Force surgeon general has recommended the waist-to-height ratio as the best method for assessing body composition instead of the long-used tape test."

Jimminy Cricket, it's about friggin time!

5 minutes ago, BFM this said:

"Instead of punishing [the] individual and holding them accountable, the airmen are now required to attend more pt so no one else is in the same situation to fail,"

Glad to see time honored traditions of AF leadership are alive and well.  When one idiot shits their pants, we all wear diapers.  Bravo.  👏

Honestly, it appears this was a Lt's attempt to handle this at the bro level without escalating it. 

Sounds like there were allegations made that it happened but little substantiating proof. Lt then ordered the practice testing to see how widespread the problem was and as a way of keeping it in house and ensuring readiness. It wasn't until it was leaked on FB that it was because bribery was happening that higher command came in and said "hey this is serious, we need to get involved." 

• Like 1

What really blows my mind is someone is such a slug they can’t pass an embarrassingly low-bar PT test, and are so weak-minded (because its just mental at this low of a bar) they would rather bribe than workout a little bit. Fuck ‘em, send them packing as an example to the rest, and leave everyone else alone. 

• Upvote 6

We professional warfighters in the Air National Guard would never condone the exchange of bottles of whiskey for signed-off PT test paperwork…never! 😆

I’m actually working an initiative right now to allow our OG to experiment with what the Space Force is doing. Unit funded and issued wearables tracking health metrics year-round in lieu of once-a-year testing where you can kinda cram your training and meet the mins while being a fat boi for 90% of the year.

Accelerate change or lose amirite?

Edited by nsplayr
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

We professional warfighters in the Air National Guard would never condone the exchange of bottles of whiskey for signed-off PT test paperwork…never! 😆

I’m actually working an initiative right now to allow our OG to experiment with what the Space Force is doing. Unit funded and issued wearables tracking health metrics year-round in lieu of once-a-year testing where you can kinda cram your training and meet the mins while being a fat boi for 90% of the year.

Ugh…I’d much rather just take a relatively easy fitness test once a year (worst case twice a year) than be required to wear an electronic device every day(?) for an entire year tracking what I am/am not doing according to the Air Force’s liking.  But that’s just me.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Ugh…I’d much rather just take a relatively easy fitness test once a year (worst case twice a year) than be required to wear an electronic device every day(?) for an entire year tracking what I am/am not doing according to the Air Force’s liking.  But that’s just me.

It's not every day. It's 90 minutes a week. 

14 hours ago, JBueno said:

If you don’t speak Guard:

”We’re tryna get the whole gang some Garmin watches with innovation funds.”

Let us know how it works out. Sounds like a legit plan!

I know a unit that did this... twice. I have both watches to prove it. They didn't end up doing the "track workouts instead of PT test" thing and I never linked either of my watches to anything the unit had access to. Still, I have two very nice, very expensive garmin watches to go with my endless supply of knives and sunglasses/shooting glasses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KWings06j said:

I know a unit that did this... twice. I have both watches to prove it. They didn't end up doing the "track workouts instead of PT test" thing and I never linked either of my watches to anything the unit had access to. Still, I have two very nice, very expensive garmin watches to go with my endless supply of knives and sunglasses/shooting glasses.

We got them at Dyess. Sold them as "personnel recovery devices" if we had to eject. 

3 hours ago, KWings06j said:

I’m sure the taxpayer is thrilled.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, frog said:

I’m sure the taxpayer is thrilled.

I’m sure the average tax payer couldn’t care less. We as a nation stopped caring about fiscal responsibility a long time ago. Watches are a drop in the bucket compared to the other crap the DOD wastes money on. Think we are ever getting those HIMARS launchers back from UKR?

• Upvote 3

On 8/6/2022 at 12:48 PM, nsplayr said:

And I'd give mine to a fitness buff with a handle of brown juice every year.  Track that.