Tinker AFB Witch Hunt

ClearedHot

1 hour ago, Majestik Møøse said:

☠️CMSAF in shambles

I’ve posted this before but I’ll tell the story again.  I’ll never forget sitting in the base theatre in the Middle East around Xmas 2020.  We had the opportunity to listen to the CSAF, CMSAF and the Sec of the AF.  I was genuinely interested in what they had to say.  There was a lot going on at the time.  Most notably, Covid.  We had been through a lot just to get in theatre with quarantines and such.   

I sat there and listened to two women and a black four star general talk for an hour about social issues, discrimination and how we all needed to do better.  That’s all they talked about   

It was one of many turning points in my long AF career.  And it was one of the most disappointing.  I can’t even say that they thanked us for being there during the holidays.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Boomer6 said:

You mean the guy in the money and finance thread? 🤔

Different guy. He's got his own website where he chronicles his perceived slights against the system, individuals, organizations...he's the poor man's Mikey Weinstein.

5 hours ago, Boomer6 said:

Oh I know, but the level of unhinged trolling and thread hijacking seems familiar.

Random Guy is downright cordial and reasonable compared to the other guy. 

Nutty, and with a singular focus, I'll grant you. But polite and knowledgeable. 

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Boomer6 said:

Things seem to be going well at Tinker…xkxkflavbafqpmfpqcmi.thumb.jpeg.1b61e062071554e1c025b883df46b31a.jpeg

This CC needed more ass beatings as a kid.  JFC.  I had one Sqd CC that banned alcohol in the bar.  We all started drinkng at the other Squadron's bar lol.  Way to crush morale man.   

• Upvote 3

You will be held accountable if you are a bystander to any kind of a situation and fail to report it.

I would quote this line in my reports for every kind of situation. Every day.

"Sir, I was in the SQ bar today at 1500 and witnessed a situation in which there was no alcohol. Thought you should know."

On 8/4/2022 at 6:02 PM, artvandelay43201 said:

Looking back at the thread, I missed this. So he won a legal case against the CMSgt for a Facebook ban? That's pretty funny. What ultimately happened to this guy? Did he make it to 20? I thought he either resigned or was booted from active duty over a drone issue. It's probably buried here somewhere, but didn't he post a vid of a sports car that he spent thousands on turning it into a James Bond anti-cop vehicle with electric shock door handles and a fog machine?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Biff_T said:

I had one Sqd CC that banned alcohol in the bar.  We all started drinkng at the other Squadron's bar lol.  Way to crush morale man.   

Try having Alcohol banned on all state property, which includes every Guard base in the state.  Each group gets one sanctioned Alcohol event per year.  I'm not saying there isn't fight club, but it's kinda a ridiculous rule.  I'm told, it came about because of a particular TAG (our "Joint Chief of Staff") that was Army National Guard.  I know of 2 other states who have the same policy.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Boomer6 said:

Things seem to be going well at Tinker…

xkxkflavbafqpmfpqcmi.thumb.jpeg.1b61e062071554e1c025b883df46b31a.jpeg

I'd definitely take the 0800-1500 option. That's earlier than I leave already. 

And with no drinking at the squadron bar, a 1500 departure should get you to the local Applebee's just in time for happy hour...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SocialD said:

Try having Alcohol banned on all state property, which includes every Guard base in the state.  Each group gets one sanctioned Alcohol event per year.  I'm not saying there isn't fight club, but it's kinda a ridiculous rule.  I'm told, it came about because of a particular TAG (our "Joint Chief of Staff") that was Army National Guard.  I know of 2 other states who have the same policy.  

I get the frustration, but the Army vs Air Force perspective can get skewed when you have a lot more E-4s who can get tagged for a DUI or abusing a GTC etc. but I digress.  As I've mentioned elsewhere, I've never had a problem with a jet getting a DUI. (i.e. a career managing equipment vs people)

5 hours ago, fire4effect said:

I get the frustration, but the Army vs Air Force perspective can get skewed when you have a lot more E-4s who can get tagged for a DUI or abusing a GTC etc. but I digress.  As I've mentioned elsewhere, I've never had a problem with a jet getting a DUI. (i.e. a career managing equipment vs people)

Fully understand.  Easy solution, make the rule applicable to the Army, not a blanket policy.  

15 hours ago, kaputt said:

Blues Fridays? JFC. Blues Monday is bad enough but Blues Friday seems designed solely to kick people in the junk. 

Absolute idiots in charge in so many places. 

On the plus side, you can wear blues to a bar. Unlike the flight suit/OCPs. Which is a bonus if you have to do all your drinking off-base.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, artvandelay43201 said:

It’s the 964 AACS. CC is an ABM. OG/CC is an ABM. WG/CC is an ABM. 

That must be a blast lol!  Penguins leading the way!!! 

• Haha 1