Tinker AFB Witch Hunt

ClearedHot

Reading the Air Force AMN/NCO/SNCO page on Facebook is both comedy gold and shocking at some of the BS so called leaders are doing.  In the latest installment when have warrant-less phone searches en mass.

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 11.38.38 AM.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Reading the Air Force AMN/NCO/SNCO page on Facebook is both comedy gold and shocking at some of the BS so called leaders are doing.  In the latest installment when have warrant-less phone searches en mass.

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 11.38.38 AM.png

Even more hilarious is that it's in the SP squadron to boot.  I bet you poll your local cop squadron and 75% of folks will say this is legal.  Makes you think...

Interested to hear "the rest of the story" here.

No matter how it comes out, Air Force amn/nco/snco is always an entertaining read.  They also do a good job of shining the light on fraud/waste/abuse/asshole-ishness/absurdity/etc.

I wish they had some kind of "Top Ten" or "Greatest Hits," because I know there have been some real changes made based on stories that were first publicized on their page.

image.png.3613c6e4eef04037d87082a349750569.png

image.png.a6a35c1e52913ede5dd58f032964fa91.png

16 hours ago, uhhello said:

Even more hilarious is that it's in the SP squadron to boot.  I bet you poll your local cop squadron and 75% of folks will say this is legal.  Makes you think...

2nd lowest ASVAB scores (I think Life Support, sorry “AFE” have the lowest but I may be mistaken).

4 hours ago, dream big said:

2nd lowest ASVAB scores (I think Life Support, sorry “AFE” have the lowest but I may be mistaken).

AFE is lower middle of the pack for requirements.  Services, Cops, and Stewardess have the lowest component requirement.  

Colin Powell said it well, If your troops stop bringing you their problems you have failed as a leader. Not surprised this happened at Tinker, story coming off the FB page is about an AWACS AMN who joined the 22 club which was known by his fellow members but not the leadership who went on a hunt looking for him when he didn't show up to work.

Wasn't sure what the 22 club was/is.  My google search results ... 

I'm guessing this is wrong, unless he bagged a rich cougar.

A luxury bar, restaurant or cafe where women can have dine and pick a male member of staff for desert/sex... Members only club for wealthy and famous women... I ...

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 8.28.03 AM.png

Edited by bfargin
add pic

I apologize for the paywall.

TLDR;

”Thanks to the efforts of a veteran pilot, the Air Force reversed a misguided effort to ban online criticism of its policies by members of the public. Justice Department lawyers have agreed that Air Force websites and pages won’t remove posts or ban users based on their point of view.

Richard Rynearson, a retired Air Force command pilot and field-grade officer, was banned from an official Air Force Facebook page because he criticized a post by Chief Master Sgt. of the Air Force Joanne Bass. Mr. Rynearson believed that Air Force leadership was prioritizing cultural sensitivity issues to such a degree, it was corrupting the strength and character of the Air Force, and that our military leaders had become hostile to critics of these policy directions. In November 2020, Sgt. Bass published a post on her official Facebook page encouraging readers to reflect on the things for which they were thankful. Mr. Rynearson replied that he was thankful that other branches of the military were concentrating on conducting warfare so that the Air Force could concentrate on “making sure we all feel good about ourselves” and that “nobody is offended or feels like a victim.”

Sgt. Bass objected to Mr. Rynearson’s comment and within hours deleted all his comments from the page and banned him from commenting further there. Mr. Rynearson tried to contact her office to have the ban rescinded. He alerted Sgt. Bass that blocking him from an official government Facebook page violated the First Amendment, but she didn’t respond. After repeated attempts to resolve the issue, Mr. Rynearson decided to pursue legal action.”