Today in hypocrisy...

Biden’s classified docs issue should be handled the same as Trump’s, i.e. investigated by proper authorities. Not obstructed, no frivolous law suits, no ignoring subpoenas.
DOJ already appointed a special prosecutor. let the man cook and see what comes out.
[mention=1812]ClearedHot[/mention] I mean, are you sitting around waiting for me to comment or something? I’m not Biden’s press secretary

So given the fact he and his representative mouth pieces keeping finding new documents we should have the FBI thoroughly check all his properties for them right? In raid jackets?

The disparity between the two and the reaction of government agents is pretty damn stark. The National Archives at least knew and accounted for what was in Trumps office, his lawyers said they returned it all, and when it was discovered there was more they executed a raid on a secret service guarded residence. Meanwhile nobody has a clue Biden has this crap, nobody has bothered to ask, they discover it, they call it good…. And we just accept that? How is one set of A-hole lawyers allowed to call their search complete and the others has to be raided and double checked by the FBI? We literally have no accountable tracking for Biden’s documents, and they keep just magically finding more. Obviously
prudence and transparency would demand at best a search by government agencies not his personal lawyers.

Both these parties were negligent with the handling and storage of classified documents. Only one party was insinuated as to be doing something nefarious with them (selling them was a media narrative for a minute) while the other gets a free hand of oh no big deal it’s just a few pages of stuff that never should have been outside a secure environment…..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nsplayr said:

I am not affiliated with the Biden WH, I don’t get why you are yelling at me, that’s my point.

My long standing belief is these types of investigations need to be conducted fairly and that belief holds here.

Do you think it is fair that Biden's attorney's should be the one doing the search?  Fair would be the FBI raiding Biden's home and offices period dot.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Do you think it is fair that Biden's attorney's should be the one doing the search?  Fair would be the FBI raiding Biden's home and offices period dot.

I’m not a lawyer but yea, that seems fair to at this point have the special prosecutor and whatever LEOs he chooses do the searches.

There is some nuance between voluntarily cooperating with the Archives and rechecking your docs for compliance vs a long-running pissing match compete with lawsuits and ignoring subpoenas…but at the end of the day yea, you probably want supervised or LEO-led searches and verification that all classified has been secured.

Honestly I’m not sure what that isn’t done with every doc and hard drive taken out of official storage locations when these guys leave office…

Edited by nsplayr

1 minute ago, nsplayr said:

I’m not a lawyer but yea, that seems fair to at this point have the special prosecutor and whatever LEOs he chooses do the searches.

But that is not what is happening. 

1.  Biden's lawyers have been doing the searches for the past two months and apparently the lawyers doing the first two rounds of searches did not have a clearance. 

2.  When the AG knew about Trump's issues it was immediately leaked and released, but the AG sat on the Biden story for two MONTHS!  Even more ludicrous, he knew about Biden' situation the day he stepped to the microphone and appointed a Special Counsel to investigate Trump's classified.

How do you just hand-waive this away?

6 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

Honestly I’m not sure what that isn’t done with every doc and hard drive taken out of official storage locations when these guys leave office…

Nuance is the word, I don't know when Trump's folks moved the classified to Mar Lago, if he was still President then legally it is a different situation as he was the de-classification authority.  Again, I think that is a shitty defense and ultimately wrong but as it relates to the law he has a push-back argument.  Regardless the records act would kick in and he should return everything.

Biden's situation is far worse "legally", he was not the declassification authority, he broke the same records act, he had TSI/SCI unguarded in his garage for years, exponentially worse in my opinion as we don't know who had access to his garage, or his office space that was paid for by the Chinese.

I am a fairness kind of guy, whatever you do, do it equally to both sides and for a great many years through multiple incidents of mishandled classified that simply has not happened, to say otherwise is pure tripe.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, herkbum said:

And didn’t the Trump raid occur before the appointment of a special prosecutor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/attorney-general-names-special-prosecutor-to-oversee-trump-investigations

• Merrick Garland, U.S. Attorney General:

Based on recent developments, including the former president's announcement that he is a candidate for president in the next election and the sitting president's stated intention to be a candidate as well, I have concluded that it is in the public interest to appoint a special counsel.

Such an appointment underscores the department's commitment to both independence and accountability in particularly sensitive matters.

57 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

How do you just hand-waive this away?

I don’t! TBH stop @ ing me for things I’m not involved in. This isn’t a productive conversation if you just want to yell at me (and the clouds) for things I have not said nor done.

I am not condoning, hand waiving, or anything around Biden’s classified docs situation. It’s not great! Let’s have the appointed special prosecutor lead a fair investigation using whatever LEOs he’d like. No one is above the law.

53 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

I don’t! TBH stop @ ing me for things I’m not involved in. This isn’t a productive conversation if you just want to yell at me (and the clouds) for things I have not said nor done.

I am not condoning, hand waiving, or anything around Biden’s classified docs situation. It’s not great! Let’s have the appointed special prosecutor lead a fair investigation using whatever LEOs he’d like. No one is above the law.

Triggered much?  When this came up in the past with regard to Hillary and he handling of classified you hand-waived "whataboutism" so stop acting like a freaking martyr.   If you were so concerned about fairness you would have said the same thing when she did it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Triggered much?  When this came up in the past with regard to Hillary and he handling of classified you hand-waived "whataboutism" so stop acting like a freaking martyr.   If you were so concerned about fairness you would have said the same thing when she did it.

I don't think the person you're quoting is the "triggered" one here 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Not really, it's just not a fun/productive/worthwhile conversation. Which is unfortunate because we know each other IRL and I like talking with you! I'm 100% sure I am a bit more of an self-righteous asshole online than in person, but yea...so are you my friend 🍺

My desire to ever comment on, think about, or bring up Hillary Clinton ever again in my entire life is zero, and I humbly advise you to consider adopting that policy too.

BLUF on the issue: What Donald Trump did with classified documents was bad, and should be investigated, and is. What Joe Biden did with classified documents was bad, and should be investigated, and is.

17 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

Not really, it's just not a fun/productive/worthwhile conversation. Which is unfortunate because we know each other IRL and I like talking with you! I'm 100% sure I am a bit more of an self-righteous asshole online than in person, but yea...so are you my friend 🍺

🥃

18 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

My desire to ever comment on, think about, or bring up Hillary Clinton ever again in my entire life is zero, and I humbly advise you to consider adopting that policy too.

Sorry, I won't hand-waive history, especially when that history demonstrates the double standard of justice your party has imposed on society.  Hillary was given a pass on her handling of classified, that is a crime we should all remember, especially when we see how the other side has been treated.

19 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

BLUF on the issue: What Donald Trump did with classified documents was bad, and should be investigated, and is. What Joe Biden did with classified documents was bad, and should be investigated, and is.

I am not so sure, with Biden being allowed to return to the scene of the crime, his lawyers, not LEO, finding more classified tells me this Special Counsel is already giving a double standard.  Hur's first action after appointment should have been to have LEO search all properties and residences and he certainly should not have allowed Biden into that house until that task was complete.  But that's just me asking for fairness and an equal standard of justice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

I am not so sure, with Biden being allowed to return to the scene of the crime, his lawyers, not LEO, finding more classified tells me this Special Counsel is already giving a double standard.  Hur's first action after appointment should have been to have LEO search all properties and residences and he certainly should not have allowed Biden into that house until that task was complete.  But that's just me asking for fairness and an equal standard of justice.

Rules for thee, but not for me…

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

I can and it will just confirm what we already know...

The Dems screwed themselves on this one.  If they find Trump at fault and not Biden, then it only further supports the argument from the right about the DOJ not being fair, etc.  If they find both at fault, then this will hurt the Dems and their argument that Biden was the adult in the room/returning non-corruption back to the WH.  And if none of them are found at fault, then the left will be upset that Trump once again is found not be the bad man the left/media has made him out to be.

But, is anyone really that surprised?

Edited by HeloDude
  • Haha 1

The Dems screwed themselves on this one.  If they find Trump at fault and not Biden, then it only further supports the argument from the right about the DOJ not being fair, etc.  If they find both at fault, then this will hurt the Dems and their argument that Biden was the adult in the room/returning non-corruption back to the WH.  And if none of them are found at fault, then the left will be upset that Trump once again is found not be the bad man the left/media has made him out to be.
But, is anyone really that surprised?

I don’t think that the facts matter at all, 90% of the media, entertainment industry, most of academia and the administrative state will just ignore it, obfuscate it or spin it.
Nothing will come of it except he won’t run again, nothing will come of the substantive allegations of influence peddling against him, his son or any members of his family.
They (the 10-20%) of this country caught between the committed partisan 40ish percent on the left / right of which I’m a part have zero faith that they have thru their representatives in the government will up channel enough disapproval to convince them to do something. They’re too scared of losing what they have in this life, being cancelled or just are not affected by it right now so they DGAF. But I’m not cynical not one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh you’re cooperative…. Well take all the time you need to find this stuff you were never supposed to have in a location it isn’t legal to be in that seems to keep appearing from god damned nowhere.

It’s cool guys… the dudes Lawyer told me he’s good to go.

It’s like they aren’t even trying to hide the blatant hypocrisy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Lawman said:

Oh you’re cooperative…. Well take all the time you need to find this stuff you were never supposed to have in a location it isn’t legal to be in that seems to keep appearing from god damned nowhere.

It’s cool guys… the dudes Lawyer told me he’s good to go.

It’s like they aren’t even trying to hide the blatant hypocrisy.

Come on man!

Every suspected criminal in America gets a chance to have their lawyers comb through the crime scene before the cops do (lol).  Besides, even if Joey B did take a few little TS items home, he's used to doing a little jail time for all of the times he stood up for African Americans during the Civil Rights Movement.  He was also locked up in Africa during a visit to see Nelson Mandela.   He's a tough dude.  First Biden in a 1,000 years to attend college.  He's from coal mining blood.  He's one tough SOB.  Oh yeah, and he's a compulsive liar with a crack head son, who's clearly a person kept propped up by using the Biden last name to do business deals. I wonder how much crack was smoked in the vault (Biden's garage)?  

Come on man, it's just a few secrets.  

Edited by Biff_T
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

confused-biden.jpg

"How that could possibly happen, how one anyone could be that irresponsible," Biden responded. "And I thought what data was in there that may compromise sources and methods. By that, I mean, names of people helped or et cetera."

-- President Joe Biden, Sep 28,2022

"Here's the deal"...."I have no regrets"

-- President Joe Biden, Jan 19, 2023

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

confused-biden.jpg

"How that could possibly happen, how one anyone could be that irresponsible," Biden responded. "And I thought what data was in there that may compromise sources and methods. By that, I mean, names of people helped or et cetera."

-- President Joe Biden, Sep 28,2022

"Here's the deal"...."I have no regrets"

-- President Joe Biden, Jan 19, 2023

He's had a little time to reflect about the mishandling of classified material. Apparently,  he's had a change of heart.  

Back to the garage.  I need to study and smoke a little crack with my son.  

• Haha 1