Today in hypocrisy...

2 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

Being purposely sent to the Rockies Mountains, in the upcoming winter months, after entering the U.S., by people knowing that support services are lacking in that area is inhumane. Those people crammed under a bridge in Del Rio did so by their own accord trying to enter the U.S., thus exposing themselves to any risks for doing so.

I personally think if people are wanting to immigrate to the U.S., and aren’t on a student or work visa, can wait outside the U.S. until their application is processed and they’re issued a visa. Instead of right and left using this as political fodder for votes, both Dems and GOP need to put pressure on the Biden Administration for immigration reform (i.e., keeping Title 42 in place until they figure it out).  

And while sleepy Biden and his affirmative action Vice President fail in this line of effort…we should move migrants to so called “sanctuary cities” should we not? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Right, however Del Rio isn't 8,000ft in the air, has 23,000 less people, averages 44F in temp starting in October (and doesn't warm up above freezing until March/April), and averages 134 inches of snow per year. 

Regardless, using humans as pawns in said political stunt is poor form and we Americans are better than that. 

I can think of a few thousand very well appointed resort rooms and some very nice winter coats from dozens of overpriced ski shops that could be provided to those migrants free of charge!  That might mitigate those cold temps if the left was actually serious about helping people.  But we both know that would never happen.  Their care for fellow humans extends precisely as far as the "coexist" bumper stickers and "hate has no place here" lawn signs.. and not an inch farther.

Their nimby-ism is on full display when they cry 'logistics' over 50 people in Martha's Vineyard or even the possibility of a few migrants in aspen while conveniently ignoring the absolute shitshow they've forced on del rio for literal years. Out of sight out of mind I guess. 

Oh wait! and when they do pay attention to the border they publish literally false stories slandering border patrol for supposedly "whipping" migrants from horseback based on a single misleading photo. 

I have zero sympathy for the flaming hypocrisy of the left on the immigration issue. They've been using these immigrants as human pawns to bludgeon the right for decades while completely avoiding any consequences for their virtue signaling sanctuary city and amnesty policies. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

However, an American governor sending them elsewhere to an area that has extreme winters and terrain, intentionally, is inhumane.

Wtf, is this Red Dawn we're talking here?  Like these migrants would be thrown to pasture in the 'extreme terrain/harsh climate'...  Come on

7 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

You keep trying to encompass all these areas as the same, which obviously they're not. I'm going to assume you're intelligent enough to realize that the high country of Colorado has a more extreme climate than Martha's Vineyard, correct? I don't care if they're busing immigrants to Chicago or New York. But I'm specifically talking about if they decide to start shipping people to the middle of the Rocky Mountains in the winter/spring timeframe. 

My god dude, you’re missing the forest for the trees here. The hypocrisy isn’t about shipping these people to Chicago vs Vail. 

The hypocrisy is you drew a moral line in the sand that shipping migrants to Vail Colorado is inhumane. If you feel that’s inhumane, then you need to be outside the White House protesting every single day about the utterly deplorable conditions these people are facing everywhere else on their journey. 

But you aren’t, and no on the left is, and that’s my entire point! That the left doesn’t actually GAF about these people. No one was “spurred to action” about any single thing involving immigration or migrants until they started showing up or threatened to be delivered to their little enclaves. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

Being purposely sent to the Rockies Mountains, in the upcoming winter months, after entering the U.S., by people knowing that support services are lacking in that area is inhumane. Those people crammed under a bridge in Del Rio did so by their own accord trying to enter the U.S., thus exposing themselves to any risks for doing so.

I personally think if people are wanting to immigrate to the U.S., and aren’t on a student or work visa, can wait outside the U.S. until their application is processed and they’re issued a visa. Instead of right and left using this as political fodder for votes, both Dems and GOP need to put pressure on the Biden Administration for immigration reform (i.e., keeping Title 42 in place until they figure it out).  

We tried that. Democrats called Trump's "remain in Mexico" policy racist. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/17/2022 at 1:23 PM, nsplayr said:

@Pooteris freaking spot on.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: the best way forward is always to handle the current situation correctly.

Ya know I’m frankly surprised conservatives are making these arguments that Trump should be potentially let off the hook in the same way they feel Hillary was because that would be “fair.” I always thought that conservatives agreed that “fair” meant not an equality of outcomes but by holding to a standard that gives an equality of opportunity.

The way I see it, both Hillary and potentially Trump mishandled classified, with various circumstances in each case. The standard is doing so is bad and there should be consequences.

The FBI declined to charge Hillary, although they did basically deep-6 her run at the presidency with the timing of their statements, and either way basically no one on any side thinks that case was handled correctly.

Ok, so that’s a “minus” when we’re shot/killing that engagement. FBI didn’t do their jobs no matter what you think of her guilt.

Does that mean when we’re evaluating the next shot any of that matters? No, it doesn’t. There is and should be a standard and we need to hold Trump to that. We’re not weeks away from an election where he’s on the ballot, he is a private citizen years out from any potential future office-seeking who was caught with classified at his house - handle that situation correctly.

It’s frankly bullshit to do anything different and call it “fairness” and that type of argument in other contexts is often made by leftists who are equally wrong when they do it.

I totally agree man…so what exactly happens to Biden?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 2

On 8/17/2022 at 1:23 PM, nsplayr said:

@Pooteris freaking spot on.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: the best way forward is always to handle the current situation correctly.

Ya know I’m frankly surprised conservatives are making these arguments that Trump should be potentially let off the hook in the same way they feel Hillary was because that would be “fair.” I always thought that conservatives agreed that “fair” meant not an equality of outcomes but by holding to a standard that gives an equality of opportunity.

The way I see it, both Hillary and potentially Trump mishandled classified, with various circumstances in each case. The standard is doing so is bad and there should be consequences.

The FBI declined to charge Hillary, although they did basically deep-6 her run at the presidency with the timing of their statements, and either way basically no one on any side thinks that case was handled correctly.

Ok, so that’s a “minus” when we’re shot/killing that engagement. FBI didn’t do their jobs no matter what you think of her guilt.

Does that mean when we’re evaluating the next shot any of that matters? No, it doesn’t. There is and should be a standard and we need to hold Trump to that. We’re not weeks away from an election where he’s on the ballot, he is a private citizen years out from any potential future office-seeking who was caught with classified at his house - handle that situation correctly.

It’s frankly bullshit to do anything different and call it “fairness” and that type of argument in other contexts is often made by leftists who are equally wrong when they do it.

well-were-waiting-sarcastic.gif

• Haha 2

Biden’s classified docs issue should be handled the same as Trump’s, i.e. investigated by proper authorities. Not obstructed, no frivolous law suits, no ignoring subpoenas.

DOJ already appointed a special prosecutor. 🤷‍♂️ let the man cook and see what comes out.

@ClearedHot I mean, are you sitting around waiting for me to comment or something? I’m not Biden’s press secretary 😅

Edited by nsplayr

7 minutes ago, brabus said:

How do we create a viable 3rd party. Not one that just siphons votes, one that actually wins elections. I wish I had that answer. 

Get rid of single-member districts and first past the post winners, that would help quite a bit.

RCV or preference voting with instant runoffs and multi-member districts, plus expand the size of the House, and get rid of the electoral college. I am favor of all those things even though I’m perfectly comfortable in one of the existing parties!

9 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

Biden’s classified docs issue should be handled the same as Trump’s, i.e. investigated by proper authorities. Not obstructed, no frivolous law suits, no ignoring subpoenas.

AGREED!  But guess what brother....it ain't!  I have yet to see a load of FBI agents search all of Biden's properties.  In fact, he was allowed to return to his home (a potential crime scene), AND THEY found MORE while he was there.  Why are his attorneys being allowed to conduct the search...yet ANOTHER double standard you don't want to admit.

DOJ already appointed a special prosecutor. 🤷‍♂️ let the man cook and see what comes out.

Let him cook, with Biden's attorneys doing the search....oh you mean cook the books, I get it.

@ClearedHot I mean, are you sitting around waiting for me to comment or something? I’m not Biden’s press secretary 😅

The way you spin things, you might want to give up the flying gig and ask Jean-Pierre to step aside. 😆

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JimNtexas said:

It seems possible that the Dems + DOJ have decided that Biden needs to be dumped.

I love how everyone always thinks it’s some big coordinated DNC conspiracy lol. The DNC couldn’t conspiracy their way out if a wet paper bag.

1 minute ago, ClearedHot said:

AGREED!  But guess what brother....it ain't!  I have yet to see a load of FBI agents search all of Biden's properties.  In fact, he was allowed to return to his home (a potential crime scene), AND THEY found MORE while he was there.  Why are his attorneys being allowed to conduct the search...yet ANOTHER double standard you don't want to admit.

Let him cook, with Biden's attorneys doing the search....oh you mean cook the books, I get it.

The way you spin things, you might want to give up the flying gig and ask Jean-Pierre to step aside. 😆

I am not affiliated with the Biden WH, I don’t get why you are yelling at me, that’s my point.

My long standing belief is these types of investigations need to be conducted fairly and that belief holds here.