Today in hypocrisy...

13 hours ago, HeloDude said:

When Trump and his supporters say the election was stolen it’s anti-democracy, fascism, etc…but when the Dems say an election was stolen, well then that’s different.

“White House Press Secretary Called Out for Saying Trump ‘Stole’ 2016 Election“

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/white-house-press-secretary-called-out-for-saying-trump-stole-2016-election/?fbclid=IwAR1DySUnay0jMN9T1CJWQMq6qMuHGUbT5tO-0qlqL-nCbuAYxGZo4RCflhU&fs=e&s=cl

images.jpeg.074b70922729809b62bc2f06945c9707.jpeg

Replace ignorant with ridiculous and you get the point.  

• 2 weeks later...

Who would have thought a bunch of limousine liberals who live sheltered lives in an exclusive bubble would actually think this way?

WATCH: Spanish TV Reporter Says Martha’s Vineyard Residents Privately Admitted They ‘Don’t Want Migrants Here’ https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/09/16/watch-spanish-tv-reporter-says-marthas-vineyard-residents-privately-admitted-they-dont-want-migrants-here/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Who would have thought a bunch of limousine liberals who live sheltered lives in an exclusive bubble would actually think this way?

WATCH: Spanish TV Reporter Says Martha’s Vineyard Residents Privately Admitted They ‘Don’t Want Migrants Here’ https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/09/16/watch-spanish-tv-reporter-says-marthas-vineyard-residents-privately-admitted-they-dont-want-migrants-here/

Hell Ron could have sent them to Vale, Aspen, or any other place where limousine liberals own ritzy properties. How about a ranch in Montana owned by a Hollywood liberal with go away signs everywhere. All these places have already chased away middle-class trade guys who make modern life possible due to exuberant rent and real estate prices.  

38 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

There aren't racist liberals.   Your science is wrong. Lol

16 hours ago, Prosuper said:

Hell Ron could have sent them to Vale, Aspen, or any other place where limousine liberals own ritzy properties. How about a ranch in Montana owned by a Hollywood liberal with go away signs everywhere. All these places have already chased away middle-class trade guys who make modern life possible due to exuberant rent and real estate prices.  

I'll bet that when the town council (or whatever passes for local government there) passed the "Sanctuary" thing, they never dreamed actual immigrants would ever show up.  Maybe that should be called "Safe Hypocrisy"

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, dream big said:

Haha, just like there aren’t any racist black people. Just ask the DOD’s Chief Diversity Officer Kelisa Wing:

Hopefully all the parents out there who think their kids are “safe from all that” because they’re in DOD schools see this…spoiler alert, your kids aren’t safe from all that bullshit.

Edited by brabus
  • Upvote 1

The implosion of the Democratic message over this is stunningly fascinating......it is literally falling into shambles as the narrative can no longer logically outpace it's hypocrisy. 

I do not think AOC, Lightfoot, Bowser, others realize that as they bash the Republican party for doing this, the majority of Americans believe their message is resentful at the migrants and not at Republicans..... 

The ONLY way they could have played this and not done that would have been to accept the immigrants graciously, provide services, and not say a word about it. But the Republican governors totally outplayed them here recognizing that politicians can never keep their mouth shut... 

Personally, I'm very pro immigration. Especially after I spent the last year working with DoS and CIS and recognized what a disaster our immigration channels are. However, border state governor's are 100% correct. This is not only on their states and infrastructure to navigate this issue. It's going to take a whole country approach to it. And Biden is asleep at the wheel to come up with a comprehensive policy.

• Upvote 1

The US Border is nearly entirely a federally controlled entity. Kamala claiming border state governors are failing to due their duty is just simply incorrect. This entire problem falls right on the federal government, and most notably Kamala and Joe themselves. 

How the word “border town” has been thrown around by the democrat elites is eye opening to their disdain for immigrants and those that live in border communities. 

Democrats are also playing with fire here as the values of the Hispanic community in general don’t align with the woke progressiveness of the New Democrat party. 

• Upvote 1

My 9 yr old called me a racist when I told her to eat her asparagus. Teaching moment, I asked her if she knew what racism was.

“Dad, that’s just what my generation says when we don’t like something”

Thanks leftists for making racism a joke.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FLEA said:

The implosion of the Democratic message over this is stunningly fascinating......it is literally falling into shambles as the narrative can no longer logically outpace it's hypocrisy. 

The ONLY way they could have played this and not done that would have been to accept the immigrants graciously, provide services, and not say a word about it. But the Republican governors totally outplayed them here recognizing that politicians can never keep their mouth shut... 

Yup.  Unlike in the past, I don't see a way for anyone to talk their way out of this.

Every time politicians beat the war drums to intervene somewhere or another, there is grumbling along the lines of "if they want boots-on-the-ground in Syria/Libya/Africa/wherever, send the Congresspersons or their kids first."

Entertaining and cathartic to think about, but obviously not feasible.

Covid gave the occasional blurb about politicians disregarding their own lockdown decrees, but that was written off as "politicians behaving badly."

You had AOC try to make some noise awhile back about how Trump and the Republicans failed her "Abuela," suffering in Puerto Rico with no help months after their hurricane.  And then some of the normal right-wing pundits started asking the question about "what has AOC done to help," to the point of Shapiro, or one of those clowns starting a Go Fund Me for AOC's "poor Abuela."

Entertaining, but just another bullshit AOC media sideshow.

Now you have immigrants getting bussed to the blue cities.  It's hilarious and fascinating in it's impact, but most of all, you gotta love the simplicity.  I can see no real path to someone talking their way out of this.  You said you were a "Sanctuary City?"  Well, here you go.  Provide some sanctuary!

It's like watching some political black comedy movie unfold in real life.

Edited by Blue
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

“In Aspen and Vail, maybe, some more high profile places, but — if it does — we need to react quickly like Martha’s Vineyard did so that we can do the right thing for these people,” a local elected official said of the possibility of migrant flights.

Let’s finish that quote for this elected official, “We need to react quickly and do the right thing for these people, and get them the fuck out of our towns and into shitty areas where only people with dark skin live.”

Clowns, every last one of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, kaputt said:

Let’s finish that quote for this elected official, “We need to react quickly and do the right thing for these people, and get them the fuck out of our towns and into shitty areas where only people with dark skin live.”

Clowns, every last one of them. 

Aspen and Vail don't even have housing for the workers of all the stores the billionaires shop at. Shipping them to the high country of Colorado when winter is approaching isn't really humane. 

26 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Aspen and Vail don't even have housing for the workers of all the stores the billionaires shop at. Shipping them to the high country of Colorado when winter is approaching isn't really humane. 

Ah, so that's where the left draws the line.

Cramming under a bridge in Del Rio, dying in the brutal heat of the desert, being taken advantage of by human traffickers and drug lords; all that's okay, because hey, the people who make it might vote for my team some day!

But being sent to some of the wealthiest areas of the country, "Thats inhumane!!!!!"

More utterly ridiculous leftist hypocrisy. 

Edited by kaputt
Toned down the profanity
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, kaputt said:

Ah, so that's where the left draws the line.

Cramming under a bridge in Del Rio, dying in the brutal heat of the desert, being taken advantage of by human traffickers and drug lords; all that's okay, because hey, the people who make it might vote for my team some day!

But being sent to some of the wealthiest areas of the country, "Thats inhumane!!!!!"

More utterly ridiculous leftist hypocrisy. 

Being purposely sent to the Rockies Mountains, in the upcoming winter months, after entering the U.S., by people knowing that support services are lacking in that area is inhumane. Those people crammed under a bridge in Del Rio did so by their own accord trying to enter the U.S., thus exposing themselves to any risks for doing so.

I personally think if people are wanting to immigrate to the U.S., and aren’t on a student or work visa, can wait outside the U.S. until their application is processed and they’re issued a visa. Instead of right and left using this as political fodder for votes, both Dems and GOP need to put pressure on the Biden Administration for immigration reform (i.e., keeping Title 42 in place until they figure it out).  

23 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Being purposely sent to the Rockies Mountains, in the upcoming winter months, after entering the U.S., by people knowing that support services are lacking in that area is inhumane. Those people crammed under a bridge in Del Rio did so by their own accord trying to enter the U.S., thus exposing themselves to any risks for doing so.

I personally think if people are wanting to immigrate to the U.S., and aren’t on a student or work visa, can wait outside the U.S. until their application is processed and they’re issued a visa. Instead of right and left using this as political fodder for votes, both Dems and GOP need to put pressure on the Biden Administration for immigration reform (i.e., keeping Title 42 in place until they figure it out).  

Copy, so you only care about these people after they're in the country and likely never leaving (and maybe someday voting). Otherwise, as they're dying in the desert or getting abused by human traffickers, "Meh, they did that on their own accord." 

You're proving my point that the left is full of crap on this issue. You can't cry foul about that being inhumane and then be silent on the freaking open invitation from the current admin to come flooding across the border, and all the inhumanity that entails. The left puts up signs in their yard about how "no human is illegal", cry "inhumane" as these people get shipped to their liberal havens around the country, but the human misery trail to the southern border, nah, we aren't going to say or even do anything about that. I appreciate you want more border security (and I agree with your thoughts there), but saying going to Vail, CO is inhumane but turning around and claiming these migrants did this to themselves under the bridge in Del Rio is frankly textbook hypocrisy. 

Ultimately the leftist politicians are showing their true colors producing gem after gem that the border problem and the migrants associated with it is supposed to be something that happens somewhere else, and it sure as hell isn't going to taint their little enclaves of "paradise".  

58 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Del rio doesn't have the support services to deal with tens of thousands of migrants either. It's a town of barely over 30,000 itself. Same applies for Laredo, Eagle pass, El Paso etc.  Lacking the facilities to deal with huge numbers of migrants isn't unique to Martha's Vineyard or Aspen.

Shipping migrants to upscale liberal enclaves might be a political stunt, but it's also giving them a microscopic taste of the logistical shitshow border towns deal with on a daily basis.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Pooter said:

Del rio doesn't have the support services to deal with tens of thousands of migrants either. It's a town of barely over 30,000 itself. Same applies for Laredo, Eagle pass, El Paso etc.  Lacking the facilities to deal with huge numbers of migrants isn't unique to Martha's Vineyard or Aspen.

Shipping migrants to upscale liberal enclaves might be a political stunt, but it's also giving them a microscopic taste of the logistical shitshow border towns deal with on a daily basis.

This is a good point. How many migrants got shipped to Martha’s Vineyard, 50? How many tens of thousands have likely passed through the border towns? 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, kaputt said:

Copy, so you only care about these people after they're in the country and likely never leaving (and maybe someday voting). Otherwise, as they're dying in the desert or getting abused by human traffickers, "Meh, they did that on their own accord." 

You're proving my point that the left is full of crap on this issue. You can't cry foul about that being inhumane and then be silent on the freaking open invitation from the current admin to come flooding across the border, and all the inhumanity that entails. The left puts up signs in their yard about how "no human is illegal", cry "inhumane" as these people get shipped to their liberal havens around the country, but the human misery trail to the southern border, nah, we aren't going to say or even do anything about that. I appreciate you want more border security (and I agree with your thoughts there), but saying going to Vail, CO is inhumane but turning around and claiming these migrants did this to themselves under the bridge in Del Rio is frankly textbook hypocrisy. 

Ultimately the leftist politicians are showing their true colors producing gem after gem that the border problem and the migrants associated with it is supposed to be something that happens somewhere else, and it sure as hell isn't going to taint their little enclaves of "paradise".  

Because I said that? Use actual critical thinking skills of what I said. An American governor didn't will them to the border. However, an American governor sending them elsewhere to an area that has extreme winters and terrain, intentionally, is inhumane.

You keep trying to encompass all these areas as the same, which obviously they're not. I'm going to assume you're intelligent enough to realize that the high country of Colorado has a more extreme climate than Martha's Vineyard, correct? I don't care if they're busing immigrants to Chicago or New York. But I'm specifically talking about if they decide to start shipping people to the middle of the Rocky Mountains in the winter/spring timeframe. 

I also agree that people in non-border states shouldn't be dictating to border states what their reaction should be to the influx of migrants. Which I why I think that those awaiting the outcome of their asylum/visa status should wait outside the U.S. This is a strain on all states, specifically the border ones that desperately needs to be addressed by the administration. However, it won't due to trying to appease the the liberal democrat/leftist base for the midterms. 

18 minutes ago, Pooter said:

Right, however Del Rio isn't 8,000ft in the air, has 23,000 less people, averages 44F in temp starting in October (and doesn't warm up above freezing until March/April), and averages 134 inches of snow per year. 

Regardless, using humans as pawns in said political stunt is poor form and we Americans are better than that.