Today in hypocrisy...

2 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

Could your every post on this bro level chat board withstand the same level of scrutiny you’re applying to others?  It is the hypocrisy thread after all…

Yeah, point taken. I was thinking more society in general though. Most of us aren’t as good as we think we are at stating our actual positions. Much easier to parrot a catchy slogan or post a witty meme than to articulate our actual views. I think it leads to a lot of misunderstanding and distrust when the fact of the matter is usually that most of us have more in common than we think. 

Not hypocrisy per sr but irony, mining for the RE metals for “green” energy ain’t do green

Report: China Destroying Myanmar with Rare Earth Mining for ‘Green’ Energy https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2022/08/10/report-china-destroying-myanmar-with-rare-earth-mining-for-green-energy/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some hypocrisy In light of recent events..

The "lock her up" crowd suddenly not caring at all about mishandling of classified documents. 

The "but her emails" crowd suddenly caring so much about mishandling of classified documents. 

It's wild that people are so mentally broken by political polarization they can't even recognize a standard and apply it equally. Either classified documents matter or they don't. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 7

The "lock her up" crowd suddenly not caring at all about mishandling of classified documents. 
The "but her emails" crowd suddenly caring so much about mishandling of classified documents. 

It's wild that people are so mentally broken by political polarization they can't even recognize a standard and apply it equally. Either classified documents matter or they don't. 

I’d be very surprised if Obama, Bush, and Clinton didn’t have some classified docs in their possession after vacating the office.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pooter said:

Were classified documents found? Did I miss something?

Honest question.

1 hour ago, arg said:

Honest question.

22 Hillary Clinton Emails Dubbed Top Secret

As noted in the investigation liberals don't like to talk about, this was a DELIBERATE effort to remove TS/SCI material from a classified server or package and put it on an unclassified email system...and Comey let her off the hook for it.  There are two standards of justice in the country and sadly Conservatives are getting the shaft.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

22 Hillary Clinton Emails Dubbed Top Secret

As noted in the investigation liberals don't like to talk about, this was a DELIBERATE effort to remove TS/SCI material from a classified server or package and put it on an unclassified email system...and Comey let her off the hook for it.  There are standard of justice in the country and sadly Conservatives are getting the shaft.

I was asking if any classified was found at Trumps house.

4 hours ago, arg said:

Honest question.

That is the going theory. FBI hasn't yet released what was found in the raid. 

5 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

I’d be very surprised if Obama, Bush, and Clinton didn’t have some classified docs in their possession after vacating the office.

1) would that make it okay?

2) I actually kindof doubt it. Looking from the outside-in those administrations seemed to have their shit far more in a sock than the trump camp. Also probably a better general respect for national security and classification procedures. There are literally insider accounts of trump attempting to flush documents down WH toilets. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pooter said:

2) I actually kindof doubt it. Looking from the outside-in those administrations seemed to have their shit far more in a sock than the trump camp. Also probably a better general respect for national security and classification procedures. There are literally insider accounts of trump attempting to flush documents down WH toilets. 

Those administrations had their shit in a sock? Or is it: the George Soros infested media didn’t scrutinize those administrations nearly as they did/do Trump?  Bush got us into two wars we arguably lost, Obama decimated our military, the effects of which we are still feeling, but the worst…Trump had mean tweets.  Got it! 

These “insider accounts” always need to be taken with a grain of salt.  Not saying Trump isn’t without fault, but many of these “insider accounts” are mid level peons just trying to get their 5 mins of fame. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, dream big said:

Those administrations had their shit in a sock? Or is it: the George Soros infested media didn’t scrutinize those administrations nearly as they did/do Trump?  Bush got us into two wars we arguably lost, Obama decimated our military, the effects of which we are still feeling, but the worst…Trump had mean tweets.  Got it! 

These “insider accounts” always need to be taken with a grain of salt.  Not saying Trump isn’t without fault, but many of these “insider accounts” are mid level peons just trying to get their 5 mins of fame. 

It never fails to impress me how much credit is given to George Soros (and Bill Gates, the Clintons, & a few others). I guess boogeymen can be useful.  Question for the believers/“awake”: did George replace the Rothschilds or Colonel Sanders in the Pentaverate?

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, dream big said:

I'm talking about admin.. not broader policy. You know.. the kind of admin that prevents you from getting a landscaping business and the four seasons hotel mixed up when you're shopping for press conference locations. 

Not here to debate George soros or military funding or which wars we should and should not have fought. I'm simply pointing out that the trump administration was notoriously all over the place on administrivia and it's pretty hilarious you'd even dispute that.  Knowing who he is as a person and his level of disrespect for basic processes it seems not just probable, but likely he purposefully or accidentally mishandled classified. 

And now the DOJ is trying to make the warrant public and trumps legal team is potentially trying to prevent that move. Must be some good stuff in there. 

Sure, I’m fine with both.

But you have to look at events in vacuums. If he did what they’re saying, it will require a lot of mental gymnastics for the right to not call for harsh consequences regardless. With that being said, I entirely expect it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Negatory said:

Sure, I’m fine with both.

But you have to look at events in vacuums. If he did what they’re saying, it will require a lot of mental gymnastics for the right to not call for harsh consequences regardless. With that being said, I entirely expect it.

If he did what WHO is saying.  I think the two situations are VERY different but would like the law to apply equally.

On the Trump side there are a few complicating factors that are not adding up at first look.

1.  His initial response is "these were declassified documents"  As we all know, POTUS is the ultimate declassification authority.  While the intel apparatus prefers those documents be reviewed, there is no requirement.  It will be interesting to see if any process was followed or is this just an excuse.

2.  The FBI knew all of this stuff was there and there were other mechanisms to get the documents.  Also, they left the information there for two months after the last visit.  If this was so sensitive why did they wait? The timing is VERY specious and has the appearance of the DOJ being weaponized just before the mid-terms.

3.  It has been reported that Obama took 30 MILLION documents with him when he left.  The national archives has put out a statement saying there is no classified in those documents.  Do you honestly believe they reviewed all 30 million documents.

With regard to Hillary Clinton that is a VERY different situation.

1.  She was not POTUS, she had no declassification authority and no legal justification to purposely mishandle very classified material.

2.  They found SCI not in a locked closet but on her freaking private server.  As you know, that was a deliberate act...I say again, A DELIBERATE ACT.  Someone had to copy/print/USB stick that info from a system that did not touch her private server and purposely load it onto an unclassified system.

3.  She purposely destroyed 33,000 emails.

How can they prosecute Trump with a straight face after Comey changed the language on the Hillary report and let her off the hook.  Do you not see that as complete double standard of justice? 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The whataboutism is amazing. I, for one, find the thing most ironic in these discussions to be the title of this thread. Today, in hypocrisy, you defend someone’s actions just because they are a Republican.

Also, the President can not unilaterally declassify anything. Notable exceptions include nuclear data, waived data, and intelligence agent locations, among others. Oh, and there’s a process for it, you don’t just get to say “I DECLARE UNCLASSIFIED” like Michael Scott.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Negatory said:

The whataboutism is amazing. I, for one, find the thing most ironic in these discussions to be the title of this thread. Today, in hypocrisy, you defend someone’s actions just because they are a Republican.

I am NOT defending anyone, I want to see details beyond a warrant.  Let me guess you think the FBI is pristine and this is a slam dunk because the FBI pursued a warrant...I mean they would never lie....like to the FISA court to get a warrant to spy on an American citizen.

I also pointed out the hypocrisy given the way Hillary was treated...something the left never seems to acknowledge. 

10 minutes ago, Negatory said:

Oh, and there’s a process for it...

Do you even bother objectively read other posts....to quote my own post "It will be interesting to see if any process was followed or is this just an excuse."

And where is your equal outrage about how Hillary was treated?

• Like 1