Today in hypocrisy...

2 hours ago, skybert said:

...and making sure their rules have convent loopholes.  

...so...like Castle Anthrax type loopholes?   ...you're not wrong...

Edited by FourFans130
  • Upvote 1

This should just become the entire hypocrisy thread...

My favorite hypocrisy of the day from yesterday is the DUI arrest of Nancy Pelosi's husband.  Despite lawyers and multiple freedom of information requests good ole California is refusing to release his booking photo, the bodycam video from the officers involved and any records whatsoever related to the arrest.  If it was a member of the GOP it would have been pushed out to every network as breaking news.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

Guest LumberjackAxe

Finding hypocritical politicians is like finding a needle in a needle store on customer appreciation day. It's way more difficult to find one that is actually authentic and consistent.

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2022 at 3:16 AM, skybert said:

Corporate pilot, the libs have no problem jumping in their planes and making sure their rules have convent loopholes.  

And their voters turn a blind eye to it, either delusional or severe cognitive dissonance. They are conditioned…they buy their electric cars and do “whatever is good for the environment” at whatever cost to the economy and parrot whatever talking points the corporate jet politicians spout out. It’s worse in Central Europe. Some old hag started screaming at me for god forbid sitting in my car with the engine running for a few mins waiting for someone. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dream big said:

Some old hag started screaming at me for god forbid sitting in my car with the engine running for a few mins waiting for someone. 

Here's one of many ways to handle a typical USA Hag:

At McDonalds This Morning.

'I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the lady behind me leaned on her horn and started mouthing something because I was taking too long to place my order. So when I got to the first window I paid for her order along with my own. The cashier must have told her what I'd done, because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness. When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again.'

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

20 hours ago, Blue said:

It's almost as if man-made climate change is nothing but a made-up boogeyman to keep people distracted from the real ills of the world.

Yes, allow the class politics to only see the world through the most distorted of lenses. Tucker Carlson would be proud of you guys 🥹I would also discount the whole of science based on a funny article about a super minority of one political side!

I guess if we’re doing sweeping generalizations that have no basis, it’s those damn religious Republicans who are destroying the world and lying about it with false, untenable pretenses.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kenneth-copeland-jet-inside-edition_n_5cf822fee4b0e63eda94de4f/amp

In reality, it’s rich vs poor, plain and simple. I was gonna ask why you all don’t believe climate change is a real threat to humanity, but then I realized that this forum gets their opinions straight from Rush Limbaugh reruns (RIP).

By the way, it’s possible for there to be more than one ill in the world.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Negatory said:

I was gonna ask why you all don’t believe climate change is a real threat to humanity

I like the general premise of your post, but much in line with the theme, it’s notable to point out most, if not all of us, understand humans affect earth and the climate. Totally on board with working towards cleaner ______, in a honest, logical, and realistic manner. The “green energy” Karen’s and their overlords couldn’t be further from the italicized part. So when many people say “climate change is bullshit,” well it’s absolutely a misnomer, as literal climate impact is true, but the label “climate change” as described  by “the green Karen’s” of society is a complete sham, and that’s the “their truth” that were all calling bullshit on. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, kaputt said:

That had to be Germany 

It's illegal in Germany to run your engine more than 3 minutes while parked. They take it super serious and I've been screamed at in grid lock traffic on the Autobahn where people stop their cars and get out, because it was the middle of July and I prefferred AC like a civilized human. 

1 hour ago, Negatory said:

By the way, it’s possible for there to be more than one ill in the world.

It sure is possible.

But if you can't see through the metric tons of propaganda being foisted upon the American people in regards to "climate change," then I can't help you.

• Like 3

On 8/7/2022 at 7:10 AM, Clark Griswold said:

Billionaires, Hollywood Celebrities Join Call to End Public Plane Tracking After ‘Climate Criminal’ Backlash https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/08/07/how-dare-you-billionaires-hollywood-stars-join-call-for-end-to-public-plane-tracking/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meanwhile, retired Air Force pilots call to an end of public Toyota Yaris tracking.  Lol

At least this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

Meanwhile, retired Air Force pilots call to an end of public Toyota Yaris tracking.  Lol

At least this one.

Easy, I drove one the shit out of one of those for 12 years! 😲

No photo description available.

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2022 at 5:14 AM, brabus said:

I like the general premise of your post, but much in line with the theme, it’s notable to point out most, if not all of us, understand humans affect earth and the climate. Totally on board with working towards cleaner ______, in a honest, logical, and realistic manner. The “green energy” Karen’s and their overlords couldn’t be further from the italicized part. So when many people say “climate change is bullshit,” well it’s absolutely a misnomer, as literal climate impact is true, but the label “climate change” as described  by “the green Karen’s” of society is a complete sham, and that’s the “their truth” that were all calling bullshit on. 

Your position is reasonable except maybe the “most, if not all” part (otherwise I agree completely with your statement). 

Reference two posts later…

On 8/8/2022 at 6:26 AM, BashiChuni said:

The same elites who told us to double or triple mask are the same elites pushing climate change. 

One of the largest scams in human history. 

Seems there is no shortage of citizens willing to flock to the fringes these days. 

• Upvote 2

Is Bashi an extremist fringe, or is he simply like the “many” I described, who are calling bullshit on the climate change scam (e.g. as pushed by the green activists). I say the words “climate change is bullshit” all the time without adding the qualifier “as defined by dipshit greenies.” I bet Bashi does understand that humans do affect the planet, but also not remotely in the way the dipshits claim alongside their asinine agenda and policies. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, brabus said:

Is Bashi an extremist fringe, or is he simply like the “many” I described, who are calling bullshit on the climate change scam (e.g. as pushed by the green activists). I say the words “climate change is bullshit” all the time without adding the qualifier “as defined by dipshit greenies.” I bet Bashi does understand that humans do affect the planet, but also not remotely in the way the dipshits claim alongside their asinine agenda and policies. 

I’m in a few group chats with him and can confirm that he’s most certainly an extremist that also sucks at fantasy football.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, brabus said:

Maybe we all need to get better at saying what we mean then. If you say “climate change is bullshit” I’m going to take you at your word. You’ve given me every reason to assume you don’t buy into that whole science thing. It’s the same vein as saying “defund the police”. Sure, some people might really mean “reform the police and re-think how and why police apply force when de-escalation might be a better tactic”, but some people really do mean get rid of all police. How can we distinguish between reasonable people and extremists when they’re all using the same language? 

30 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Maybe we all need to get better at saying what we mean then. If you say “climate change is bullshit” I’m going to take you at your word. You’ve given me every reason to assume you don’t buy into that whole science thing. It’s the same vein as saying “defund the police”. Sure, some people might really mean “reform the police and re-think how and why police apply force when de-escalation might be a better tactic”, but some people really do mean get rid of all police. How can we distinguish between reasonable people and extremists when they’re all using the same language? 

Could your every post on this bro level chat board withstand the same level of scrutiny you’re applying to others?  It is the hypocrisy thread after all…

ETA: in addition to an obvious science denier and associate of Corn Pop (bad dude), I’ve heard Bashi is cranky if not allowed to fly

Edited by tac airlifter
  • Like 2